ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage Thread

I haven't seen the summer schedule yet, but the benefit game with Magna Vista was at Salem Stadium last year so I would assume it's at the Hole this year. We scrimmage Brookville the first week at Salem.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I haven't seen the summer schedule yet, but the benefit game with Magna Vista was at Salem Stadium last year so I would assume it's at the Hole this year. We scrimmage Brookville the first week at Salem.

I was hoping the Scrimmage was going to be at Brookville this year. Might have to take the trip to Salem that day.

Glass Scrimmages Dinwiddie and Lord Botetourt on Saturday Aug 11 at City Stadium, I wouldn't miss that. Then they go to Fleming the following Friday.

Looks like LCA Scrimmages Dan River on the Aug 11, and Benefits at Appomattox the following week.

DSH, who does GW have for their first scrimmage? Is it Heritage?

I was hoping the Scrimmage was going to be at Brookville this year. Might have to take the trip to Salem that day.

Glass Scrimmages Dinwiddie and Lord Botetourt on Saturday Aug 11 at City Stadium, I wouldn't miss that. Then they go to Fleming the following Friday.

Looks like LCA Scrimmages Dan River on the Aug 11, and Benefits at Appomattox the following week.

DSH, who does GW have for their first scrimmage? Is it Heritage?
I’ll have to check but I believe GW scrimmages Heritage in Lynchburg this year! We play Dan River the following week in the benefit game.

Reactions: lyhsports
Maybe the Brookville scrimmage is at Brookville this year, I'm not sure. I haven't seen the summer schedule. I'll try and message someone for an answer.

On Saturday August 11th Pulaski will host the TD classic with Magna Vista and defending WVa state champion Bluefield
And Friday August 17th will have a benefit game with Radford in Radford
And open the season August 23rd at Northside

Lord Botetourt scrimmages Thomas Dale at Hampton Sydney in Farmville on Aug17th, at 5:00 PM, but verify the date and time if you have an interest in attending.

One of the early scrimmages is Highland Springs at North Stafford on Aug. 4th at 10 am.

Which creates a bit of a delimma for me. If I can get my buddy Bleeding Navy to make that trip, I would really like to go. It will be my only chance to see the Springers and enjoy a day with another of my good buddies, Springer76. And, North Stafford will be Dinwiddie's 3rd OOD game in 2019 and 2020. But here is the delimma, Aug. 4th is my 45th wedding anniversary. But I guess if she has put up with me for 45 years, what is one more little football game? (Actually, as long as I don't make her go, she will be tickled to death. She tolerates my football obsession, but doesn't choose to join me.)

One of the early scrimmages is Highland Springs at North Stafford on Aug. 4th at 10 am.

Which creates a bit of a delimma for me. If I can get my buddy Bleeding Navy to make that trip, I would really like to go. It will be my only chance to see the Springers and enjoy a day with another of my good buddies, Springer76. And, North Stafford will be Dinwiddie's 3rd OOD game in 2019 and 2020. But here is the delimma, Aug. 4th is my 45th wedding anniversary. But I guess if she has put up with me for 45 years, what is one more little football game? (Actually, as long as I don't make her go, she will be tickled to death. She tolerates my football obsession, but doesn't choose to join me.)
This scrimmage is schedule to be at Randolph Macon College in Ashland.... and there is a circumstance that could make it change, which could "possibly" be at U or R. It won't be at N. Stafford HS... both teams open at stadiums with turf fields... so, both want this scrimmage to be on turf!! (N Stafford is still grass)

This scrimmage is schedule to be at Randolph Macon College in Ashland.... and there is a circumstance that could make it change, which could "possibly" be at U or R. It won't be at N. Stafford HS... both teams open at stadiums with turf fields... so, both want this scrimmage to be on turf!! (N Stafford is still grass)
Gotcha. That will certainly be a lot more convenient for you and our group.

Happy early birthday, anon.

Yeah, typical Louisa not wanting to dirty up the field before the season starts. We scrimmaged Cave Spring a couple of years ago at home but it was on the practice field.

KG at Riverbend (with Colgan there as well) 10 Aug
KG at home against New Kent 16 Aug

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT