ADVERTISEMENT

Season Outlook

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
Realistically, where do you see your team this season?
I’ll give you a quick rundown on my GW Eagles.

Key Returners:
QB Carlos Poole, RB Wesley Graves, WR/S Shawn Watlington Jr., MLB/RB Carl Poole Jr., Center Marquise Carter, LB/WR Quenton Elam, DL DayDay Richardson, LB Zy Gunter

Key Newcomers:
RB Willie Edmunds Jr., CB Rahmel Goode, WR/CB Kendrell McClary, WR/QB Kobe Hairston, CB Shyheim Watlington, CB Jaiden Franklin

Schedule with predictions:
LCA- W (GW was down by as much as 2 TDs last year in Lynchburg. LCA has a hell of a Coach and his kids play hard and believe in the program. Eagles win at home).
Amherst-W (Two words. Frank Ross. Huge challenge for the defense).
JF- W (Will be a grudge match. JF will have the best offense GW plays in the regular season. Blake, Hackworth and Cupit are tall task for a defense who gave up 56 points to virtually the same team last year).
Martinsville- W
Patrick County- W
Tunstall- W
Magna Vista- W (Very tough game in The Hole. Magna Vista remembers 45-0 last year in Danville).
Franklin County- W (Nice challenge for GW in the confines of Cy Dillion Stadium in Rocky Mount. Franklin County brings it when GW comes to town).
Bassett- W (Bengals a year away).
Halifax- W

At Best: 10-0

At Worst 7-3 (Amherst, JF and LCA scare me if the defense isn’t improved. A trip to Magna Vista (The Hole) doesn’t make it any easier.

Biggest area of concern: Secondary.
Defense gave up 42, 55, and 56 points to start the year last year. They return some very good pieces in the front 7 but they need consistency. The CBs will be young as GW has 3 new faces. They will start a freshman in Watlington and Goode, Franklin, and McClary will all be juniors and played JV last year.

Strength: Offense. They will score and score often. They laid an egg against Salem last year and that’s been the motivation all offseason. The running game will be the best since Tahron Goods and David Wilson years in 07 and 08. Three horses who can go to distance on any given down. The passing game is as good as 2014 (year our QB Hunter Byrnes won 4a North Player of the Year). Los Poole will have his share of targets, something GW has lacked the past 3 seasons.

Weakness: Special Teams.
We’ve been blessed with some good ones in the past 10 years (very underrated recognition for GW). Jerry Horng is off at UVA playing so we’re without. A solid kicking game is key. GW, Dinwiddie, Salem and Blacksburg has proven this the past couple of years.

Sleeper: Offensive line.
“They’re not physical enough” , “they’re not made for the trenches” . 6’ 200 (center), 6’5 285, 6’3 290, 6’2 270, 6’2 250, 6’ 280.. Good depth. We need the horses to block and dominate the line of scrimmage. Expect the bigger lines to be more physical.

Key to playing in December.
Mental Toughness. When Salem went up 14-0, the team was defeated. Playing a weaker schedule means little to no adversity during the season. Eagles will have to be tougher and remain focused. One game at a time.

Last edited:
Realistically, where do you your team this season?
I’ll give you a quick rundown on my GW Eagles.

Key Returners:
QB Carlos Poole, RB Wesley Graves, WR/S Shawn Watlington Jr., MLB/RB Carl Poole Jr., Center Marquise Carter, LB/WR Quenton Elam, DL DayDay Richardson, LB Zy Gunter

Key Newcomers:
RB Willie Edmunds Jr., CB Rahmel Goode, WR/CB Kendrell McClary, WR/QB Kobe Hairston, CB Shyheim Watlington, CB Jaiden Franklin

Schedule with predictions:
LCA- W (GW was down by as much as 2 TDs last year in Lynchburg. LCA has a hell of a Coach and his kids play hard and believe in the program. Eagles win at home).
Amherst-W (Two words. Frank Ross. Huge challenge for the defense).
JF- W (Will be a grudge match. JF will have the best offense GW plays in the regular season. Blake, Hackworth and Cupit are tall task for a defense who gave up 56 points to virtually the same team last year).
Martinsville- W
Patrick County- W
Tunstall- W
Magna Vista- W (Very tough game in The Hole. Magna Vista remembers 45-0 last year in Danville).
Franklin County- W (Nice challenge for GW in the confines of Cy Dillion Stadium in Rocky Mount. Franklin County brings it when GW comes to town).
Bassett- W (Bengals a year away).
Halifax- W

At Best: 10-0

At Worst 7-3 (Amherst, JF and LCA scare me if the defense isn’t improved. A trip to Magna Vista (The Hole) doesn’t make it any easier.

Biggest area of concern: Secondary.
Defense gave up 42, 55, and 56 points to start the year last year. They return some very good pieces in the front 7 but they need consistency. The CBs will be young as GW has 3 new faces. They will start a freshman in Watlington and Goode, Franklin, and McClary will all be juniors and played JV last year.

Strength: Offense. They will score and score often. They laid an egg against Salem last year and that’s been the motivation all offseason. The running game will be the best since Tahron Goods and David Wilson years in 07 and 08. Three horses who can go to distance on any given down. The passing game is as good as 2014 (year our QB Hunter Byrnes won 4a North Player of the Year). Los Poole will have his share of targets, something GW has lacked the past 3 seasons.

Weakness: Special Teams.
We’ve been blessed with some good ones in the past 10 years (very underrated recognition for GW). Jerry Horng is off at UVA playing so we’re without. A solid kicking game is key. GW, Dinwiddie, Salem and Blacksburg has proven this the past couple of years.

Sleeper: Offensive line.
“They’re not physical enough” , “they’re not made for the trenches” . 6’ 200 (center), 6’5 285, 6’3 290, 6’2 270, 6’2 250, 6’ 280.. Good depth. We need the horses to block and dominate the line of scrimmage. Expect the bigger lines to be more physical.

Key to playing in December.
Mental Toughness. When Salem went up 14-0, the team was defeated. Playing a weaker schedule means little to no adversity during the season. Eagles will have to be tougher and remain focused. One game at a time.

I obviously dont follow 4a as close as 1 and 2, but from just what have read on here and knowing history, that doesnt look like a terrible schedule. Especially when GW has high aspirations, and could possibly be 7-3. I cant imagine most schools getting 4 tough games on a schedule and having it called weak.

Hey DSH..... what about SHORT SUGARS?????? now I climb into that rickety old preesbox last year thinking you were going to bring our crew 6 dogs!!!!!
What’s up brother! Short Sugars closed in I want to say 2013. Danville hasn’t been the same since. They have one in Reidsville, about a 15 min drive into NC, but it’s nothing like the Danville one imo. Used to have all you can eat ribs on Friday’s and 99 cent BBQ sandwiches. Very good dogs. If we happen to meet again this year in Danville, Rueben’s or Ma Possums, my treat. I believe Rueben’s Dogs are better than Short Sugars :confused::eek::p:D

Sherando Warriors
I won't name any names but the Warriors return a lot from their 2017 state semifinal run, enough to make me think this team could be the best team Sherando has fielded since the school opened in 1993. Right now I'd say that title belongs to the 2007 team which made it to the state final game before losing to Amherst. Ross Metheny was the Warriors quarterback at the time and suffered a game-ending injury when the Warriors were up 10-7 (might be wrong on the exact score, but I was still a freshman at the time and I didn't know a lot about football back then). I don't know if they'd have held off Amherst for the whole game but the final score would've been a lot closer if that injury hadn't happened.

Schedule Predictions
Game 1 @ James Wood: With the exception of the last couple years James Wood has given Sherando fits, despite the rivalry being lopsided heavily in Sherando's favor. For example, in 2007 when Sherando was undefeated and played James Wood in the playoffs, the Warriors were down 14-0 until very late in the game and needed to rally to continue on. In 2015, a 9-2 Warriors team barely squeaked out a 14-10 win against a 5-5 James Wood team. While Wood is not to be overlooked, I think this game ends closer to last year's score.

1-0

Game 2 vs. Jefferson, WV: The Cougars used to be right up there with Martinsburg as the best panhandle team, but those days are long past. Last year Jefferson went 0-10 and lost to Sherando 48-12. Unless something has changed drastically this will be the Warriors' second win of the year.

2-0

Game 3 @ Broadway: Last year's game was about the ugliest high school game I've ever seen. Not for dirty play but for straight up domination by one team over another. Sherando won 77-7 but it could've been much worse. Broadway has had some decent teams in recent years but I don't think this is their year.

3-0

Game 4 @ Loudoun Valley: The Vikings were a deceptive 3-7 team last year with a brutally hard schedule opening with Martinsburg, Stone Bridge, and Sherando. Four of their losses were by 10 points or less and they occasionally showed flashes of excellence. If they can get bigger on the line they will find success this year. I expect them to compete for a playoff position. The Vikings open again with a three game stretch against Martinsburg, Stone Bridge, and Sherando, so I expect many will underestimate the likely 0-2 Vikings when they line up at home against Sherando in September. I think the Warriors pull out the W, but it'll be closer than some expect.

4-0

Game 5 vs. Liberty: Sherando went 1-1 against the Eagles last year, with the win coming in the playoffs by a score of 33-21. The Warriors QB couldn't play in the second half of their first game, but I think it would've been close regardless. I think Liberty returns a fair amount of talent from last year's team so this could be a close one. Going with the Warriors again though.

5-0

Game 6 @ Martinsburg, WV: The Bulldogs are similar to Salem in that even in their "down" years, they're still a tough out. Martinsburg will be the favorite to win their 7th state title this decade in West Virginia and if Sherando doesn't play at the top of their game they will leave Cobourn Field with an L. If you live within 100 miles of Martinsburg, you should be at this game. I'll take Sherando by a score in a battle of unbeatens.

6-0

Game 7 @ Kettle Run: Kettle Run should be significantly better this year than last year when they ended at 9-3. I expect them to be 6-1 at worst when they face off against Sherando. This is the biggest trap game of the year for the Warriors. Sherando won handily last year but I think Kettle Run might be the one team on their schedule who could be more improved year over year than them. Warriors win but it's close.

7-0

Game 8 vs. Handley: When I was in school I never thought I'd say that Handley would be one of the less worrying games on the schedule, but here we are. I expect the Judges to continue to improve but I think they're still a year or two out. Sherando wins.

8-0

Game 9 vs. Fauquier: This is another game where I think the starters will be out before the end of the third quarter. You can't overlook any team obviously but the Warriors should be too big and fast for the Falcons to handle.

9-0

Game 10 vs. Millbrook: Millbrook should be 8-1 or 9-0 coming into this game thanks in large part to the running game. The Pioneers will likely be a little down from last year due to losing Isaac Brown to graduation but they'll have one of the best running backs around.

10-0

Biggest area of concern: Conditioning and giving up big plays at the line of scrimmage. Sherando had Martinsburg on the ropes last year but couldn't hold them off in the fourth quarter. The same thing happened against Louisa a couple years back when the Lions visited Arrowhead. If the Warriors want to make a title run this year they need to put teams away when the opportunities arise. I have no doubt Coach Hall and company will have them ready.

Biggest strength: Offensive firepower. Sherando will have one of the best offenses in the state this year and will be able to run and pass at will on most teams. If the defense steps up like I think they will the Warriors won't be an easy out for anyone in 4A.

Team that's on my radar: Woodgrove. The Wolverines could be something special this year, just like the Briar Woods and Broad Run teams from the Dulles District were the years before they moved up to 5A. I've heard they've gotten a few immediate impact transfers who could push them over the edge from good to great.

Other notes:
Region C will be a much tougher gauntlet this year than last year. Most of the young playoff teams from last year will be much improved on both sides of the field. I don't know whether or not that will translate to beating the big names from down south, but whichever team ends up being the Region C representative will give the Region D representative a game.

Sherando Warriors
I won't name any names but the Warriors return a lot from their 2017 state semifinal run, enough to make me think this team could be the best team Sherando has fielded since the school opened in 1993. Right now I'd say that title belongs to the 2007 team which made it to the state final game before losing to Amherst. Ross Metheny was the Warriors quarterback at the time and suffered a game-ending injury when the Warriors were up 10-7 (might be wrong on the exact score, but I was still a freshman at the time and I didn't know a lot about football back then). I don't know if they'd have held off Amherst for the whole game but the final score would've been a lot closer if that injury hadn't happened.

Schedule Predictions
Game 1 @ James Wood: With the exception of the last couple years James Wood has given Sherando fits, despite the rivalry being lopsided heavily in Sherando's favor. For example, in 2007 when Sherando was undefeated and played James Wood in the playoffs, the Warriors were down 14-0 until very late in the game and needed to rally to continue on. In 2015, a 9-2 Warriors team barely squeaked out a 14-10 win against a 5-5 James Wood team. While Wood is not to be overlooked, I think this game ends closer to last year's score.

1-0

Game 2 vs. Jefferson, WV: The Cougars used to be right up there with Martinsburg as the best panhandle team, but those days are long past. Last year Jefferson went 0-10 and lost to Sherando 48-12. Unless something has changed drastically this will be the Warriors' second win of the year.

2-0

Game 3 @ Broadway: Last year's game was about the ugliest high school game I've ever seen. Not for dirty play but for straight up domination by one team over another. Sherando won 77-7 but it could've been much worse. Broadway has had some decent teams in recent years but I don't think this is their year.

3-0

Game 4 @ Loudoun Valley: The Vikings were a deceptive 3-7 team last year with a brutally hard schedule opening with Martinsburg, Stone Bridge, and Sherando. Four of their losses were by 10 points or less and they occasionally showed flashes of excellence. If they can get bigger on the line they will find success this year. I expect them to compete for a playoff position. The Vikings open again with a three game stretch against Martinsburg, Stone Bridge, and Sherando, so I expect many will underestimate the likely 0-2 Vikings when they line up at home against Sherando in September. I think the Warriors pull out the W, but it'll be closer than some expect.

4-0

Game 5 vs. Liberty: Sherando went 1-1 against the Eagles last year, with the win coming in the playoffs by a score of 33-21. The Warriors QB couldn't play in the second half of their first game, but I think it would've been close regardless. I think Liberty returns a fair amount of talent from last year's team so this could be a close one. Going with the Warriors again though.

5-0

Game 6 @ Martinsburg, WV: The Bulldogs are similar to Salem in that even in their "down" years, they're still a tough out. Martinsburg will be the favorite to win their 7th state title this decade in West Virginia and if Sherando doesn't play at the top of their game they will leave Cobourn Field with an L. If you live within 100 miles of Martinsburg, you should be at this game. I'll take Sherando by a score in a battle of unbeatens.

6-0

Game 7 @ Kettle Run: Kettle Run should be significantly better this year than last year when they ended at 9-3. I expect them to be 6-1 at worst when they face off against Sherando. This is the biggest trap game of the year for the Warriors. Sherando won handily last year but I think Kettle Run might be the one team on their schedule who could be more improved year over year than them. Warriors win but it's close.

7-0

Game 8 vs. Handley: When I was in school I never thought I'd say that Handley would be one of the less worrying games on the schedule, but here we are. I expect the Judges to continue to improve but I think they're still a year or two out. Sherando wins.

8-0

Game 9 vs. Fauquier: This is another game where I think the starters will be out before the end of the third quarter. You can't overlook any team obviously but the Warriors should be too big and fast for the Falcons to handle.

9-0

Game 10 vs. Millbrook: Millbrook should be 8-1 or 9-0 coming into this game thanks in large part to the running game. The Pioneers will likely be a little down from last year due to losing Isaac Brown to graduation but they'll have one of the best running backs around.

10-0

Biggest area of concern: Conditioning and giving up big plays at the line of scrimmage. Sherando had Martinsburg on the ropes last year but couldn't hold them off in the fourth quarter. The same thing happened against Louisa a couple years back when the Lions visited Arrowhead. If the Warriors want to make a title run this year they need to put teams away when the opportunities arise. I have no doubt Coach Hall and company will have them ready.

Biggest strength: Offensive firepower. Sherando will have one of the best offenses in the state this year and will be able to run and pass at will on most teams. If the defense steps up like I think they will the Warriors won't be an easy out for anyone in 4A.

Team that's on my radar: Woodgrove. The Wolverines could be something special this year, just like the Briar Woods and Broad Run teams from the Dulles District were the years before they moved up to 5A. I've heard they've gotten a few immediate impact transfers who could push them over the edge from good to great.

Other notes:
Region C will be a much tougher gauntlet this year than last year. Most of the young playoff teams from last year will be much improved on both sides of the field. I don't know whether or not that will translate to beating the big names from down south, but whichever team ends up being the Region C representative will give the Region D representative a game.

Nice write up and wow I like the confidence. That means you are going to have to go undefeated to win the state title if your prediction comes true for the regualr season. If you are going to play um all you might as well win em all right....Thats big time!

Nice write up and wow I like the confidence. That means you are going to have to go undefeated to win the state title if your prediction comes true for the regualr season. If you are going to play um all you might as well win em all right....Thats big time!

I'll eat the crow if I'm wrong! Wouldn't be the first time. :D

Reactions: mbonape1
Sherando Warriors

Schedule Predictions

1-0

2-0

3-0

4-0

5-0

6-0

7-0

8-0

9-0

10-0

Other notes:

I was at that State title game, the QB going down hurt Sherando, and the score would have been closer, but in my opinion the winner wouldn't have been in question. Even at 10-7, Amherst looked like the far better team.

I was at that State title game, the QB going down hurt Sherando, and the score would have been closer, but in my opinion the winner wouldn't have been in question. Even at 10-7, Amherst looked like the far better team.

Didn’t Amherst rack up 500 yards that game?

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I was at that game also. Was never close. Nobody in VA was going to beat Amherst in 07.
Nobody in D4, or nobody in VA? I only ask because that was the year Westfield went 15-0, led by Mike Glennon and Evan Royster. They finished #24 in the EPSN Top 25 and dominated everyone except Chantilly (back when they were very good, winning 28-16) and Oscar Smith. They beat a loaded Smith team that was led by Phillip Sims at QB, 24-21 in the state semi. Although the game could certainly have gone either way, Smith lost because they did not have a kicking game to speak of and field position became important. This was probably one of the best games I have ever seen in high school.

I specifically remember this because I was following these boards back then, and a poster from Amherst came on the D6 board and asked "Is Westfield really that good?". I know most of us are only as knowledgeable as the microcosm we live in with regard to overall talent across the state and the divisions, but I don't think anyone in VA was beating WF that year. IMO, WF 2007 was one of the top 5 teams of all time in VA.

Last edited:
Nobody in D4, or nobody in VA? I only ask because that was the year Westfield went 15-0, led by Mike Glennon and Evan Royster. They finished #24 in the EPSN Top 25 and dominated everyone except Chantilly (back when they were very good, winning 28-16) and Oscar Smith. They beat a loaded Smith team that was led by Phillip Sims at QB, 24-21 in the state semi. Smith set a state record in that game (at least at the time) for passing yards in a state game-something like 400-450 yards. Although the game could certainly have gone either way, Smith lost because they did not have a kicking game to speak of and field position became important. This was probably one of the best games I have ever seen in high school.

I specifically remember this because I was following these boards back then, and a poster from Amherst came on the D6 board and asked "Is Westfield really that good?". I know most of us are only as knowledgeable as the microcosm we live in with regard to overall talent across the state and the divisions, but I don't think anyone in VA was beating WF that year. IMO, WF 2007 was one of the top 5 teams of all time in VA.

Let’s not forget Phoebus either who won D5. Maybe Amherst was the best but those were really solid D5 & D6 winners. I do think Salem May have been the best statewide last year regardless of classification. But in general I lean to the D5 and D6 champion especially if we are talking about past seasons. Moving forward I think it is more even than ever

I was at that game also. Was never close. Nobody in VA was going to beat Amherst in 07.
Your right to a point. The Salem Amherst game was pretty much decided on a fluke play. Amherst fumbles the snap as they are getting ready to punt in their own territory. Punter picks it up and runs to the Salem 1. Amherst scores and Salem unable to recover 48-35. Salem falls on fumble or tackles punter in backfield and there would probably be different narrative.(Salem might have 10 state titles rather than 9) But Amherst had great athletes that year and one of them made a great unscripted play. But Amherst was not a lot better than Salem that year.

Amherst would’ve beaten Westfield and Phoebus in 07. They had a complete team led by an impeccable player at QB. They had playmakers at every position and they had a very very good coach. Defense and linemen were stout. Let’s not forget, the Amherst backups in 07 led them to the state championship the next two years. Lost both years to Broad Run but (not to take anything away from those Amherst teams) they were not in the same conversation as the 06 and 07 teams.

SBU I do remember Salem playing Amherst close but also Peter Rose played with a bum shoulder. Amherst played their worst game of the season that day against Salem.

Mike Glennon is a solid QB. He plays for the Bears and has more money than we all will ever have combined lol, but Peter Rose ran circles around him in high school. I’ll put it like this, Peter Rose is Joe Hammond, wheras Tyrod Taylor/Trace McSorely/Vic Hall/Mike Glennon are Michael Jordan. Happy to see that Peter Rose has gotten his life together. Rose is an icon/legend. A few less bad choices, we’d be asking if he was the best VA high school player ever. We would be posting his training camp videos in the NFL and discussing what team is going to offer him the most money. Rose is an once and a lifetime player. Let’s not forget he was one of VT’s biggest gets that year. They were going to use him like Harbaugh used Peppers at Michigan.. All over the place. You guys mention these teams had Glennon, Sims, etc...But hold on now, Amherst had Peter Rose! Lol!

Let’s not forget Phoebus either who won D5. Maybe Amherst was the best but those were really solid D5 & D6 winners. I do think Salem May have been the best statewide last year regardless of classification. But in general I lean to the D5 and D6 champion especially if we are talking about past seasons. Moving forward I think it is more even than ever

Phoebus lost in the semifinals to Stonebridge in 07, after giving up a lot of turnovers. I'd still take them over most teams in 07.
Nobody in D4, or nobody in VA? I only ask because that was the year Westfield went 15-0, led by Mike Glennon and Evan Royster. They finished #24 in the EPSN Top 25 and dominated everyone except Chantilly (back when they were very good, winning 28-16) and Oscar Smith. They beat a loaded Smith team that was led by Phillip Sims at QB, 24-21 in the state semi. Although the game could certainly have gone either way, Smith lost because they did not have a kicking game to speak of and field position became important. This was probably one of the best games I have ever seen in high school.

It is hard to vote against WF, especially the 2007 team, which was senior heavy. They have probably been the most consistent large school since they opened. I actually think their 2003 team was as good as their 2007 team.

Phoebus lost in the semifinals to Stonebridge in 07, after giving up a lot of turnovers. I'd still take them over most teams in 07.

It is hard to vote against WF, especially the 2007 team, which was senior heavy. They have probably been the most consistent large school since they opened. I actually think their 2003 team was as good as their 2007 team.

Your right I got confused I thought they were talking about 06 season for a second. My mistake

Amherst would’ve beaten Westfield and Phoebus in 07. They had a complete team led by an impeccable player at QB. They had playmakers at every position and they had a very very good coach. Defense and linemen were stout. Let’s not forget, the Amherst backups in 07 led them to the state championship the next two years. Lost both years to Broad Run but (not to take anything away from those Amherst teams) they were not in the same conversation as the 06 and 07 teams.

SBU I do remember Salem playing Amherst close but also Peter Rose played with a bum shoulder. Amherst played their worst game of the season that day against Salem.
Isn't it amazing how so many teams play their worst game of the season against Salem. Down right fascinating

Isn't it amazing how so many teams play their worst game of the season against Salem. Down right fascinating
I know you are mocking my notion that GW played the worst game of the year this past year against Salem but I stand by it. Difference is, 2017 Salem was the better team on the field, 2007 Salem wasn’t by a mile. Amherst was head and shoulders better than anybody in Group Double A that year.

Reactions: Lewis918777
Head and shoulders? Game was decided by fluke play. GW is on a long list of teams claiming they played their worst games of the year against Salem. It truly should be turned into the group that keeps world records. So so so many good teams playing their worst game of the year, gotta be a record.

Head and shoulders? Game was decided by fluke play. GW is on a long list of teams claiming they played their worst games of the year against Salem. It truly should be turned into the group that keeps world records. So so so many good teams playing their worst game of the year, gotta be a record.
1. A game is never decided on one play.
2.48-35? 1 play? Something doesn’t add up.
3.That 07 Amherst team is one of the best teams in state history. Remarkable feat for a Double A team. 4. Though I’ve seen some very good teams (2015 Salem, 2013 Dinwiddie, 2014 Lake Taylor), none of those teams comes within 2 TDs of that 2007 Amherst team.

1. A game is never decided on one play.
2.48-35? 1 play? Something doesn’t add up.
3.That 07 Amherst team is one of the best teams in state history. Remarkable feat for a Double A team. 4. Though I’ve seen some very good teams (2015 Salem, 2013 Dinwiddie, 2014 Lake Taylor), none of those teams comes within 2 TDs of that 2007 Amherst team.
That's hard to justify when a Salem team considered not in the schools top ten got beat by 13 at Amherst. Hmmmmmm

Surely Bottom you didn't think Salem had something to do with teams playing their worst game of year when they happen to be playing Salem, did you?

Surely Bottom you didn't think Salem had something to do with teams playing their worst game of year when they happen to be playing Salem, did you?
Naaaaaaaaa. Couldn't be. I mean it has to be pure happenstance that so many truly great teams played their worst game of the year when they played Salem. Those teams had been able to run up and down the field on everyone and then all of a sudden against Salem they are unable to consistently move the ball. Then on defense those teams had just stopped the run completely and then out of nowhere Salem runs consistently off tackle. It has to be just pure dumb luck.

How does each topic end up talking about Salem? Let’s see what excuse you use this year when they don’t make it out of the 1st rd of the playoffs if they make it that far!!!!! Check GW history and remember we were in AAA not AA!!!

How does each topic end up talking about Salem? Let’s see what excuse you use this year when they don’t make it out of the 1st rd of the playoffs if they make it that far!!!!! Check GW history and remember we were in AAA not AA!!!
Excuse: If they don't make it past the first round, then obviously they played their worst game of the year. Their opponent would not have had a thing to do with it.

You're seriously talking about Salem not making the playoffs or a 1st round exit? Haha, you lost everyone there.

Excuse: If they don't make it past the first round, then obviously they played their worst game of the year. Their opponent would not have had a thing to do with it.
Soooo Blacksburg just played their best game of the year last season????? Or did they humble Salem fans?

Back to the ORIGINAL topic season outlook! SALEM won’t win the state championship!!!!
Butt hurt much? When Salem loses I'll say the same thing I always say We'll be back. And I've been right every time. Bye the way Salem used to be AAA also ( Andrew Lewis) .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT