ADVERTISEMENT

Season Starts tonight. Northampton at West Point

West Point does host Northampton in the opener tonight at 7:00pm. I'm looking for West Point to turn things around a bit this year. Last year they played a varsity schedule with a J.V. squad. The had 1 senior and 2 or 3 juniors last year and a total of 17 players.
This year is a new look with close to 30 kids on the varsity squad and only 1 freshman and a few sophomores.
Last week vs Poquoson their defense held the Bull Islanders in check most of the scrimmage. Poquoson scored twice on offense and once on defense. The Pointer offense didn't move the ball much with the exception of one nice pass play.
West Point will need to run the ball to succeed as they have a few bruising backs. If they can do that, they will have a good season in a weak district.

West Point does indeed host NH tonight at 7 in the regular season opener for both (not a scrimmage). Last year was tough for the varsity squad at WP with a very young team and low numbers. Struggled to finish games at times putting lineman in the backfield due to injuries. That resulted in a winless season. As for NH, they were a one man show last year and that one man is gone. I am not sure they have a replacement for him. I expect WP to compete for the district title this season. And they are still young with probably only 1 senior starting.

Last edited:
KQ, I'm gonna do my best to make it down to see K & Q take on Rapp Co this year.. always wanted to see the Royal Tigers play!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT