ADVERTISEMENT

seating for salem-jf

Status
Not open for further replies.

3puttcharlie

VaPreps Varsity
Jul 31, 2013
im fairly certain that salem fans will be 3,000 strong, and j-f will proably be about the same lus throw in brookville, glss and heritage fans who want to see a great match-up. how will the school officials handle 8,000 plus, parking, restrooms seating concessions ticket lines. will there be a ticket limit sold? have they thought about whats going to happen if they sell out andtell salem fans who drove down that they cant get in the game. i see a nightmare coming saturday night

Here the problem with problem with JF field there is nowhere for people to seat. I would almost say about 60% of Salem following is the older population. My elderly disabled father is going and if he falls because the VHSL and JF did not fix this easy fixable problem I guarantee you there will be a lawsuit against JF, Beford County and the VHSL

Where would he fall? I've been there once and you have to walk alittle down hill to get to stadium but everywhere else is flat. You'll have to bring a chair to sit in.

Do like we used to do at martinsville speedway in the old chicken bone ally, get there when gates open and run down there and tape down some blankets then go back to car and tailgate

The stands for the visitor side will not remotely hold all of Salem fans that are coming. It may hold the band but that's about it.
It will more than hold the band, they are not that small, Salem's band is not that big either. Actually the bathrooms are more of a problem than the seating.

Guys can just bring an empty bottle and wear sweat pants.... You can pee without having to leave your seat :)

If you can't find an ample seating arrangement in 2015 you my friend need more help then we on this message board can provide. You will go by a wal-mart heck you can even go to a furniture store and find some seating to bring on in. If you choose to not utilize the handicap accessible parking where they allow you to avoid the hill all together then that is on you, there are lower levels of the bowl which allow for you to see the game as well it is all about you accommodating yourself. You complain when the government attempts to help people and rebut with saying they can do it themselves but choose not to...do the same you can make sure you have a darn good seat at this game but are you willing to do what you have to do or are you looking for a helping hand??

Restrooms, well if you've ever been to a sporting event anywhere there normally is a line so here in Forest there's a little longer one than some of you are accustomed to, it is an inconvenience but unless portable facilities (which will be complained about) are brought in, try to use the bathroom before you sit-down or non-rush times (halftime, etc).

Reactions: one man
It will more than hold the band, they are not that small, Salem's band is not that big either. Actually the bathrooms are more of a problem than the seating.

This begs a question, if the bands show up, do they have to pay for admission? I can see how VHSL would want that revenue percentage, but....who takes precedence then, band or paying fans?

Why bring the entire band? Just have a pep rally type band with a few of each instruments. Come on guys lets work this out together cause it's getting ridiculous :)

Reactions: jfcav1
Nothing anybody says on here is going to make the VHSL throw demands out to Forest, or make Forest bring in extra stuff.... So let's all just stop running in circles with useless chatter, wait and just see how it goes, and talk about football.

Reactions: VolNation85
Why bring the entire band? Just have a pep rally type band with a few of each instruments. Come on guys lets work this out together cause it's getting ridiculous :)
I was just wondering, that's all. Wasn't trying to start a controversy. If the team brings in a pep band even, does the band still have to pay admission?

I remember my senior year in 2004 a Salem poster had posted pictures of our field and visitor bleachers at Liberty. At the time, we had one of the worst fields in the state, has since been replaced with lovely bermuda grass but our visitor side bleachers are hands down the worst in the Seminole district and arguably the smallest(in terms of capacity) for a 3A-4A school on this side of the state. So the week of the game we had to hear all these complaints about how the stands and field weren't good enough for us to be hosting, blah blah blah. We brought in a bunch of bleachers and put them around the track(which i assume will also happen at JF this weekend), brought in 8 porta johns solely for the away side and the game went on. Salem showed up late and put us to bed later. I get trying to accommodate for the elderly but to be completely honest, this game is not about the fans, its about the kids. All the adults should be able to take care of themselves. Instead of complaining, nut up and make the best out of it. Its a few hours, get their early and enjoy the game.

im fairly certain that salem fans will be 3,000 strong, and j-f will proably be about the same lus throw in brookville, glss and heritage fans who want to see a great match-up. how will the school officials handle 8,000 plus, parking, restrooms seating concessions ticket lines. will there be a ticket limit sold? have they thought about whats going to happen if they sell out andtell salem fans who drove down that they cant get in the game. i see a nightmare coming saturday night

I don't see a nightmare. I see a beautiful saturday evening in Bedford County with 2 great HS football teams duking it out to play for all the marbles. I see long restroom and concessions lines, as always this deep in the playoffs. I see cars parked along the street adjacent to the HS and a packed parking lot at the HS as well as the elementary school across the street. I see JF offering parking in the food lion lot down the block from the school and having a shuttle transport fans over to the gates. I see any and every type of situation, good or bad, in a positive light. Some of you guys need to switch your specs to something more positive. You keep thinking nightmare, then that's what it'll be. Have some faith that Bedford County will work out the kinks. It won't be the cosy confines of Salem Stadium that some of you are spoiled with but it'll be just fine.

Last edited:
My only problem here is if Essex is forced to play somewhere else why isn't JF? If Essex was allowed to play at home like JF then go at it.

My only problem here is if Essex is forced to play somewhere else why isn't JF? If Essex was allowed to play at home like JF then go at it.
Again, we're running in circles here. That's a better question for somebody in charge of this stuff.

Again, we're running in circles here. That's a better question for somebody in charge of this stuff.
Could be because there is no where else. City Stadium under construction, LU probably not allowed because the State is played there next week. Where else would they play other than Amherst and apparently that is too far for JF fans, LOL.. I think it shouldn't be too far away for JF because they are the higher seed and it definitely should not be played at Salem because it would not be fair to JF in my opinion. Just hope they have made arrangements for all the fans, because then that would not be fair either. Curious to see how this one turns out, I am going

Reactions: OCBoy
Yep and I will continue to speak on it because of the Essex situation. That's the only reason other then that I don't care.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
KqLPb0IrGHwiY.gif

Game is where it is..Time to move on.

Every year this happens somewhere in the state during playoffs.Heck I remember the late 90s when Hampton,during Ronald Curry era,played Patrick Henry-Ashland in state title game that was moved to Va Union in Richmond.Talking about a absolute dump.We went down from Lynchburg to see the game in driving cold rain that was a hurricane,LOL.Point being,this happens every year.Yes,JF aint Salem Stadium,but no one will be turned away,YOU CAN BET ON THAT LOL,VHSL aint losing $$,stop at store go to bathroom before game.There is bunch of stores right there at the school.Quit bitching,grab your chair,come enjoy a great&RARE,Sat night state semi-final game between 2 great quality teams.I love it myself.I get to go see Appomattox-Buffalo Gap the same day.Who could ask for more.Also JF is very accomadating for the older&handicapped.All you have to do is ask&they will come get you in a golf cart&drive you down the hill&back up after the game. It really wont be that bad folks.

Last edited:
Reactions: mike salem
Here the problem with problem with JF field there is nowhere for people to seat. I would almost say about 60% of Salem following is the older population. My elderly disabled father is going and if he falls because the VHSL and JF did not fix this easy fixable problem I guarantee you there will be a lawsuit against JF, Beford County and the VHSL

You're gonna have a tough time winning that lawsuit, especially when you already posted that you know of the potential risk and your apparent difficulties in articulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT