ADVERTISEMENT

Seminole byes

wikki

VaPreps All State
Oct 21, 2001
VHSL messed up by having so many Semiole schools with a bye this week.
Amherst, Glass, JF and Heritage. Rustburg at Altavista, no one will go to Altavista. LCA at home against Brunswick. Not sure if this would be a good game or not. They will lose gate money because most people would have gone to another game if their team has a bye, I am one of them

I am going out of town Friday, so I won't be around to see any games in this area. Liberty(Bedford) is also playing at Staunton river and Brookville is playing at Harrisonburg. I wouldn't drive all the way to Moneta to see SR blow out Liberty. I also wouldn't drive all the way to Harrisonburg period.

I think LCA will blow out Brunswick.Rustburg and Altavista are both down this year, but I think they could be on the same level this year. Plus it is a Campbell County rivalry game. I would go to Altavista to see that game. But I agree with you, there are no must see games this week.

Hey wikki, I understand why this happened. Same thing going on up here in Jefferson District. Each district sets up the district schedule for everyone and both of our districts decided to play all district games in each of the final 7 weeks. This gives ADs the first 4 weeks to schedule 3 non-district games. Most smart ADs and coaches would want the bye week before the gauntlet of 7 straight district games. Rustburg and LCA already took bye weeks, which for them means 8 or 9 straight games to close the season.

Of the 8 JD teams, I think 4 have a bye this week. Monticello vs Spotswood, Orange vs Spotsy, Albemarle vs PH, Western vs Collegiate. Cville, Fluvanna, Louisa, Powhatan are all off this week.

Hey wikki, I understand why this happened. Same thing going on up here in Jefferson District. Each district sets up the district schedule for everyone and both of our districts decided to play all district games in each of the final 7 weeks. This gives ADs the first 4 weeks to schedule 3 non-district games. Most smart ADs and coaches would want the bye week before the gauntlet of 7 straight district games. Rustburg and LCA already took bye weeks, which for them means 8 or 9 straight games to close the season.

Of the 8 JD teams, I think 4 have a bye this week. Monticello vs Spotswood, Orange vs Spotsy, Albemarle vs PH, Western vs Collegiate. Cville, Fluvanna, Louisa, Powhatan are all off this week.

Powhatan plays Hopewell, Fluvanna plays Madison. Only Cville and Louisa are off in the JD this week.

Thanks but I sure would like to see a game this week

Reactions: VolNation85
Oddly enough someone mentioned to me last week in Appomattox that the game featured the only Seminole team within an hour. Amherst was at Blacksburg, Glass was at Franklin, Brookville was at Waynesboro, JF was at GW, Liberty and Christiansburg (may have been the closest), LCA out of state Martinsburg, and Rustburg was on a bye. Can't say that brought even more fans to the Bragg, but it was kind of the same premise.
Brunswick has struggled so far this season and LCA is hungry to prove themselves after a rocky start. This on paper seems like a mismatch. LCA should win fairly easy.
Altavista is a nice small town and while both teams are not as strong this season it should be a decent game with Rustburg. I agree it's not a premier game but it is the best option given the distance if you want to see a Seminole School.
Next week the schedule is pretty stocked with great Seminole action. Brookville vs Amherst is sure to be a terrific game along with the city clash, and the Bedford boys battle. Even Rustburg traveling to LCA could be a good one

Last edited:
Oddly enough someone mentioned to me last week in Appomattox that the game featured the only Seminole team within an hour. Amherst was at Blacksburg, Glass was at Franklin, Brookville was at Waynesboro, JF was at GW, Liberty and Christiansburg (may have been the closest), LCA out of state Martinsburg, and Rustburg was on a bye. Can't say that brought even more fans to the Bragg, but it was kind of the same premise.
Brunswick has struggled so far this season and LCA is hungry to prove themselves after a rocky start. This on paper seems like a mismatch. LCA should win fairly easy.
Altavista is a nice small town and while both teams are not as strong this season it should be a decent game with Rustburg. I agree it's not a premier game but it is the best option given the distance if you want to see a Seminole School.
Next week the schedule is pretty stocked with great Seminole action. Brookville vs Amherst is sure to be a terrific game along with the city clash, and the Bedford boys battle. Even Rustburg traveling to LCA could be a good one
True but I do know that some went to the Heritage/Appomattox game because of the hype. Just saying they need to rethink this next year, because the Seminole gets lots of support from other teams when their team is not playing

Next week the schedule is pretty stocked with great Seminole action. Brookville vs Amherst is sure to be a terrific game along with the city clash, and the Bedford boys battle. Even Rustburg traveling to LCA could be a good one[/QUOTE]
Would you be nice enough to do the "This week in the Seminole" thing you did last year? I really enjoyed your breakdown of the district games

I think LCA gets in the win column this week and gets the ball moving in the right direction heading into Seminole play. Brunswick is pretty bad this year. LCA needs this win

True but I do know that some went to the Heritage/Appomattox game because of the hype. Just saying they need to rethink this next year, because the Seminole gets lots of support from other teams when their team is not playing
Unfortunately, the schedule next year will be very similar (if not identical) because the schedules are made on a two year cycle and this year is year one of the current cycle.

Unfortunately, the schedule next year will be very similar (if not identical) because the schedules are made on a two year cycle and this year is year one of the current cycle.
I know it will be the same next year I just didn't remember that when I posted it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT