ADVERTISEMENT

Seminole District Play is here!!

Its that time again everyone! Get ready for some great games. Waiting for newleather to give his breakdown of each game. Who do you all have taking the Seminole District crown? Who do y'all have for offensive player of the year and defensive player of the year?
Glass and JF will play for the Seminole Championship. If JF can replicate that defensive performance they did against GW, they will be tough to stop. I do think GW didn’t utilize their playmakers like they should have and I think the Glass coaches saw that and will adjust. Glass and Danville have vastly similar athletes and I believe Glass will do a lot better than GW of spreading JF out. With that being said, Glass wins the Seminole this year by a hair. Cupit and Kendrick get Co-Offensive Player of the Year.

Its that time again everyone! Get ready for some great games. Waiting for newleather to give his breakdown of each game. Who do you all have taking the Seminole District crown? Who do y'all have for offensive player of the year and defensive player of the year?
Other than the obvious teams people are commenting on, who do you think will win between Rustburg and LCA? I

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
LCA 31 @ Rustburg 14
Amherst 20 @ Brookville 61 (I don't believe they will score that much, but that number is very important to the Bees and I give them much love and credit for that)
Liberty 15 @ JF 42
Glass 36 @ Heritage 28

What's the meaning of the number? I am guessing you mean 61. Just curious

LCA 31 @ Rustburg 14
Amherst 20 @ Brookville 61 (I don't believe they will score that much, but that number is very important to the Bees and I give them much love and credit for that)
Liberty 15 @ JF 42
Glass 36 @ Heritage 28
They already scored the 61. I know several Brookville people and that game meant so much, not sure if they want to do it again. Wouldn’t it be difficult to score that number several times

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Seminole is always good and this year is no exception. 4 team race and upsets are bound to happen. Can't wait, I will be at the Jug Bowl, Friday. First time!
First Time!? You're in for a treat. The atmosphere for that game, traditionally, is unbelievable. It can be standing room only, even in a venue that holds 10,000(+). I doubt it will be that type of crowd this Friday but it will still be electric.

First Time!? You're in for a treat. The atmosphere for that game, traditionally, is unbelievable. It can be standing room only, even in a venue that holds 10,000(+). I doubt it will be that type of crowd this Friday but it will still be electric.
I would surprised if it is full.

Reactions: rainman17
Last year was insane! Defensive battle, and a Glass win even though most of the city counted them out!

Reactions: VolNation85
I’m blown that the Glass/JF game is on the same night as the GW/Magna Vista game. JF/Glass may be better than GW/JF. Big time game!
JF beating GW made the JF/Glass game a bigger game than it usually is. Plus the game will be at City Stadium after being at Sabre Stadium the past two years.All I’m saying is Big Blue fans better show up!

They already scored the 61. I know several Brookville people and that game meant so much, not sure if they want to do it again. Wouldn’t it be difficult to score that number several times
I didn't mean to imply that they would. I was simply paying homage to their noble tribute.

I believe JF will be the winner of the Seminole this year, Glass will be a tough team to beat but i see them losing to JF and Brookville in close games.

Comes down to the rivalry games for JF

THE BLACK AND BLUE BOWL Vs GLASS

AND

THE TRADITIONAL BEES vs CAVS rivalry.

Reactions: lyhsports
JF beating GW made the JF/Glass game a bigger game than it usually is. Plus the game will be at City Stadium after being at Sabre Stadium the past two years.All I’m saying is Big Blue fans better show up!
this game will have more fans than the Glass and Heritage game.

JF/Glass game will be a bigger game in terms of what it means to the district and playoffs, but I highly doubt that it will draw a crowd bigger than the Glass/Heritage game. I went to the Glass/Heritage game last year, and I have never seen more Heritage fans in my life. Thats the only game they show up for. Same for Glass though. I hope you're right!

JF/Glass game will be a bigger game in terms of what it means to the district and playoffs, but I highly doubt that it will draw a crowd bigger than the Glass/Heritage game. I went to the Glass/Heritage game last year, and I have never seen more Heritage fans in my life. Thats the only game they show up for. Same for Glass though. I hope you're right!
Maybe, depending on wheee that game is played.

Reactions: lyhsports
I disagree...I assume you say that because you believe Heritage and Glass have poor fan bases. Have you ever been to a Glass-Heritage game? If it is one game the fans come out for it is the Glass-Heritage game. Come on out and see for yourself. I'm willing to bet it will be more competitive than Brookville-Amherst.

For the record glass has a very strong base. It’s just been so long since they have been relevant that it takes time to get them back. But as coach Woody continues to build the program they will continue to return. 1-9, 6-4, 8-4, ?. Also understand that the majority of the team are juniors. Glass is coming and so are their fans.

Reactions: lyhsports and wikki
I disagree...I assume you say that because you believe Heritage and Glass have poor fan bases. Have you ever been to a Glass-Heritage game? If it is one game the fans come out for it is the Glass-Heritage game. Come on out and see for yourself. I'm willing to bet it will be more competitive than Brookville-Amherst.
I say that because it is what I believe and yes I have been to a Glass and Heritage game. Why be so smart with your answer, I’m just stating what I believe. Glass brings more fans than Heritage. I’ve been to many games at Heritage and it is the lowest of any for support. I saw the Heritage game at Salem that year and the state game against Briar Woods and it was embarrassing. I’m sure it will be more fans than at the Brookville and Amherst and more competitive as you stated. This reminds me of politics, people get upset if you have a different opinion.

For the record glass has a very strong base. It’s just been so long since they have been relevant that it takes time to get them back. But as coach Woody continues to build the program they will continue to return. 1-9, 6-4, 8-4, ?. Also understand that the majority of the team are juniors. Glass is coming and so are their fans.
Glass will bring the fans but Heritage rarely does. Maybe for this game they will, but are they truly fans if this is the only game they attend

Reactions: Hilltoperhokie
I say that because it is what I believe and yes I have been to a Glass and Heritage game. Why be so smart with your answer, I’m just stating what I believe. Glass brings more fans than Heritage. I’ve been to many games at Heritage and it is the lowest of any for support. I saw the Heritage game at Salem that year and the state game against Briar Woods and it was embarrassing. I’m sure it will be more fans than at the Brookville and Amherst and more competitive as you stated. This reminds me of politics, people get upset if you have a different opinion.
LOL I’m not upset at all. I’m not a Heritage fan so you didn’t offend me at all. But you are right, this does remind me of politics, people think you are upset if you question them on their opinion.

Reactions: padlevel
ADVERTISEMENT