ADVERTISEMENT

Seminole Players of the Year

Who y’all got?

I like
Offense: Jabari Blake - Heritage
Defense: Jairelle Reeves - Glass
Can’t go wrong with those picks. However, there is a strong case for Kendrick as OPOY and Pannell as DPOY.

The players y’all mentioned are very good. I would think The JF backfield may get some votes as they have put up some nice yardage numbers.
Defense -Heritage has a pretty darn good db that may garner a vote or two
Always tough to pick just one in a district full of talented players

Reactions: lyhsports
The players y’all mentioned are very good. I would think The JF backfield may get some votes as they have put up some nice yardage numbers.

True. The district has many talented players. Really tough to pick one player on each side of the ball. Rustburg had the best freshman!

I agree the JF backfield has nice yardage numbers but they are mostly rushing. Blake has over 1,200 passing and close to 1,000 rushing and Kendrick has over 1,200 rushing and close to 1,000 passing. Both have double digit TDs in both categories and 5 or less INTs. Plus both QBs have better team records and defeated JF head to head. No offense to the guys from JF but no way any of them receive OPOY year votes up against Blake or Kendrick. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if Blake and Kendrick were Co-OPOY.

Same thing with Megginson at DB. Great player but I doubt Bradley would nominate him for DPOY over Pannell at LB. Each coach can only nominate one player for each POY spot.

Last edited:
True. The district has many talented players. Really tough to pick one player on each side of the ball. Rustburg had the best freshman!
The devils should be in good shape for next season. They have paid their dues the last two seasons, but will have a lot returning with game experience

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT