ADVERTISEMENT

Seminole Trivia Question

Thanks Hawknation for your response.
No problem. There is a site you might like. It's four seasons football.com if you click on VA and find Gretna you can see every season and scores back to 1952. Has all schools even ones closed now on their also. And I was right about it being my sophomore year but season was fall of 1989 which of course I finished tenth grade in spring of 90. Beat Appomattox and WC as only two wins in Seminole that last year we were in it.

Thanks will check it out.

The Seminole District was tough back then.....especially when Amherst dropped down. I was on the '75 team that beat Amherst on a trick play and their fans stormed the field....utter chaos....so much that the stripes left the field with about a minute left in the game. We had a good team that year and played Rustburg for the District Championship the last game of the season. We couldn't tackle David Bohon....a beast of a rb....and they beat us handily.

Love the game and how it shaped me as a young man.

Reactions: BGfootball95
Thanks again Hawknation. Interesting site. In my later years I always wondered who beat Rustburg and David Bohon. It was Martinsville 46-20. The Bulldogs would go on to win state that year.

Yes
Thanks again Hawknation. Interesting site. In my later years I always wondered who beat Rustburg and David Bohon. It was Martinsville 46-20. The Bulldogs would go on to win state that year.
Yes I love that site. Someone posted about it on here few years ago. Gives all scores, coaches, where played, etc. I think it's cool to look at some of the old schools that have been closed for years. Never new Brosville was a high school until the 60's when Tunstall was built. We only played 3 games our first season in 1951 and two of those were Brosville. I have spent hours looking through it.

Reactions: 1976Hawk
There may be more than 3 games in 1951. All I was able to find was those 3 from various sources. There is a 1952 yearbook but there were no scores for the previous fall's games. If you see in the Notes a "c" that means that I think that all scores have been found for that season. "yb" stands for yearbook.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT