ADVERTISEMENT

Seminole Week 5

lyhsports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
May 17, 2017
Lynchburg, Va
Anyone have any thoughts on this week's Seminole Games?

Rustburg at Heritage
Glass at Liberty(Bed)
Amherst at LCA
Brookville at JF

Probably the most evenly matched week thus far. All of the "underdogs" are capable of winning if the "favorites" don't take care of business.

Reactions: lyhsports
In my opinion, the headline game of the week is..
#1) Brookville at JF. Long time rivals and both teams wanting points for playoffs. The Cavs must have a better showing from their defense at some point. I'm guessing this will not be the week. I think they win a high scoring game 55-49
#2) Amherst at LCA- The Bulldogs need points to stay in the playoff mix, but Amherst continues to stay in every game and are not as bad as their record says. I think this could be the Lancers day 28-21
#3) Glass at Liberty- The Minutemen are another team that is better than their record. They have opened up the playbook and can air it out with the younger of the two QB's, or play the double dive with the senior QB. The schedule has just been their enemy. The Seminole is a absolute gauntlet. Glass 42-20
#4) Rustburg at Heritage- Heritage has way too many weapons for the Devils. Add in some disgruntled Rustburg parents who are being major team cancers and you have a recipe for disaster. Pioneers 49-7

In my opinion, the headline game of the week is..
#1) Brookville at JF. Long time rivals and both teams wanting points for playoffs. The Cavs must have a better showing from their defense at some point. I'm guessing this will not be the week. I think they win a high scoring game 55-49
#2) Amherst at LCA- The Bulldogs need points to stay in the playoff mix, but Amherst continues to stay in every game and are not as bad as their record says. I think this could be the Lancers day 28-21
#3) Glass at Liberty- The Minutemen are another team that is better than their record. They have opened up the playbook and can air it out with the younger of the two QB's, or play the double dive with the senior QB. The schedule has just been their enemy. The Seminole is a absolute gauntlet. Glass 42-20
#4) Rustburg at Heritage- Heritage has way too many weapons for the Devils. Add in some disgruntled Rustburg parents who are being major team cancers and you have a recipe for disaster. Pioneers 49-7

Brookville just needs to enter the playoffs healthy, and they will make some noise.

JF-Defense

Amherst - Without question the best winless team in the state.

LCA - Will likely be the 8th seed in Class 4 Region D.

Glass - Keep rolling and don't play down to any opponent from here on out. Get the passing game going a little. They'll need it deep in the playoffs.

Liberty - Loving the multiple offense. Win 2 of the last three games and try to get higher than 8th in Class 3 Region C. THey don't want to get Heritage in round 1 for the second year in a row. With the right seeding, I could see them winning in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs.

Rustburg - On the bubble of the playoff seedings and need to win. If they don't make it, theyll be the best team in their region that is not playoff eligible. Schedule is tough.

Heritage - take it one game at a time and continue to find identity on offense. Defense has grown up since the loss to Northside. Northside vs Heritage Rd 2 for a trip to the State Championship game.

Reactions: MaroonandGold29
I agree with a lot of what’s been said each team is to a point where weaknesses have been identified and must be corrected. Every team so far has hit that point where everybody is hurt but not injuries for most teams. The physical grind part has arrived and this is the separation. I’ll give my take on the top teams who are “contenders” come post season.

JF - took it on the chin, and were exposed, yes what we all thought is true but if you get past the defense on the tape, you’ll see a lackluster offense that has been stifled in the past couple weeks. You poured it on Amherst late but you realized ECG is seasoned from last years defeat in Blacksburg and want parts on their revenge too.

Glass - offense exploded on the “top” team in the district but there’s still remnants of the jug bowl offense still showing. The passing attack is still anemic, what we do know is glass can run when the lanes are open with two workhorses in the backfield.

Heritage - found their swagger again after being embarrassed by Northside and a hard fought win over liberty. Defense has been improved but the show is always controlled by Bradley offenses, if they can stay in control and move the ball they are in control of their own destiny but they are susceptible when you can line up across and match athlete for athlete.

Brookville - players injured and hurt have changed their seeding of who we thought but they are still loaded with all their pieces but too single dimension without the full complement of weapons. The real season starts when the post season opens for them as the are out of contention for a slice of the district. If they can get right they can be dangerous if not expect much of what you see now when the competition ratchets up.

JF - took it on the chin, and were exposed, yes what we all thought is true but if you get past the defense on the tape, you’ll see a lackluster offense that has been stifled in the past couple weeks. You poured it on Amherst late but you realized ECG is seasoned from last years defeat in Blacksburg and want parts on their revenge too.

I agree JF's defense is beyond pathetic, but to say "a lackluster offense that has been stifled in the past couple weeks" is nuts. The last 3 weeks they scored 77, 66 and finally 34 (against a team that let up an average of 11 before that)

Reactions: jfcav1
I agree JF's defense is beyond pathetic, but to say "a lackluster offense that has been stifled in the past couple weeks" is nuts. The last 3 weeks they scored 77, 66 and finally 34 (against a team that let up an average of 11 before that)

Couple is equal to 2 meaning their last two games, I clearly stated how they poured it on Amherst LATE after trailing 42-14 in the second half late in the third. Scoring 44 unanswered...so where was the high power for nearly 3 quarters THEY WERE BEING STIFLED. Yea they surged and won but against glass how many did they score before the 4th quarter and the game was in hand, 14 (scored 20 in the 4th). So to me yes they have been stifled, as of late the offense that had been scoring so well has been lackluster the last couple of weeks. If they show up with the performance they had for the majority of the last 8 quarters of football they won’t make it far come win or go home season. You can take it how you want but the facts and proof is in the results, the resiliency shows against a 0fer team but against a seasoned team you aren’t quite so lucky.

Reactions: Renaissance man
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT