ADVERTISEMENT

Shakeups

Can someone remind me of the multiplier formula that the VHSL instituted when LCA came in? I thought it was 1.5 of the enrollment if they had kids from two different school zones(ECG & Heritage) and that each additional locality brought on another half multiplier. But I could be waayyy off base with this. But I seem to remember there being something to discourage recruiting/transfers.

Can someone remind me of the multiplier formula that the VHSL instituted when LCA came in? I thought it was 1.5 of the enrollment if they had kids from two different school zones(ECG & Heritage) and that each additional locality brought on another half multiplier. But I could be waayyy off base with this. But I seem to remember there being something to discourage recruiting/transfers.
They do have the multiplier for 2 city zones. As long as someone moves into these zones, they can choose to attend LCA. (Just like anywhere else)

In the past someone could transfer from JF or Brookville for example and not have to move. That is no longer the case. They have to reside within the attendance zones to attend.

Reactions: bulldog1150
They do have the multiplier for 2 city zones. As long as someone moves into these zones, they can choose to attend LCA. (Just like anywhere else)

In the past someone could transfer from JF or Brookville for example and not have to move. That is no longer the case. They have to reside within the attendance zones to attend.

LCA only claims the Heritage school zone now. That’s why they are Class 3 now instead of class 4 last year. I think if they transfer to KCA without moving to the Heritage school zone they have to sit out a year. I could be mistaken.

JF OC is a JF guy. Interesting that he would go to LCA, if it is true.

Reactions: mike salem
I’m surprised I haven’t seen any posts about Serbay being let go at James Monroe. Not often that a HOF’er who took his team to the playoffs gets shown the door.

I still don’t see how LCA is able to be in VHSL even though they’re private.
I get you, but I wish they allowed VHSL teams to play VIS teams and let it count in power points. I don’t think you’d see many public school kids transfer there.

They also still have 5th year seniors on the team.
Thought they had kids outside the burg playing too.

They also still have 5th year seniors on the team.
Thought they had kids outside the burg playing too.
This was LCA's 5th year of being in the VHSL. I know anyone who was already reclassed to be a 5 yr Sr was grandfathered in, but by now all of those players should be through the program. To my knowledge they have to be fully compliant with all of the VHSL's rules to continue membership. I believe this to be the case, but I don't have any inside information.

They did win a state championship in baseball in 2017 and I believe they had at least one 5th yr Sr on the team, but he was already in the system.

I understand everyone that had or has objections to their membership due to a level playing field, but any concerns of them coming in and taking over have not materialized.

Reactions: VolNation85
I know I taught one of them in our system and he should be graduating this year but I think he is currently a junior.
I could be wrong.

So how is it for them if I kid comes in from,...Bedford, Amherst, Campbell, Appomattox and enrolls. Whats the deal with them playing sports?
Do they have to sit a calendar year from enrollment date?
I know they have kids from outside Lynchburg playing.

If the've been going to LCA before 9th grade or they enroll before 9th they don't have to sit out. I think you can also reclass and repeat 8th grade, but play JV.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT