ADVERTISEMENT

Shenandoah Teams in Regional Playoffs????

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
The question marks are intentional because I am asking more than relaying information. Our local papers have had very little to say so far and the brackets on the VHSL website are incomplete. But here is the little bit I know, and hopefully others can fill in the blanks.

In Class 3, Region C, Wilson won a special playoff game over Fort Defiance and the Hornets now advance to play the top seed Broadway on Monday, as part of an eight-team bracket. Fort Defiance is now finished for the season.

In Class 2, Region B, Stuarts Draft, Buffalo Gap and Staunton would be the "eligible" teams but so far there is nothing being reported about how many teams are in the playoffs, which ones, etc. If I understood the regular season standings correctly (and I know that something funky happened with a game between two of those teams such as one winning but later having to forfeit that win) SD might have the better chance among the three to make the playoffs. So at this point until some information comes out, I guess anywhere from none of those three to all three of them might be still playing this upcoming week.

In Class 1, Region B, Riverheads slipped to fourth place in the four-team playoffs due to its three-game skid at the end of the season. The Gladiators therefore travel to the number one seed Rappahannock County and I have been told that will be a Tuesday game. If the Gladiators were to win that one, they would then have to travel again to the home field of whoever wins between the 2 and 3 seeds. I know Lunenburg is one of those teams but no idea who the other might be. It also appears from the VHSL site that whoever wins Region B does get to host the Region A winner in the state semis.

Spill it if you know it!!!

Update....the Class 2, Region B bracket has now been updated on the VHSL website and it appears that it is only a four team bracket, and that the participants will be Buckingham and three Bull Run teams...Page, Madison and Stonewall. I guess what that must mean is that the competitive nature of this year's Shenandoah District race hurt the teams more than it helped them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT