ADVERTISEMENT

Sherando 35 Jefferson 0 2nd quarter

They have to be fast on defense to compete later in the year, if the speed isn’t their, they will have problems, I know they have studs on defense, but they have to run, contain, and wrap come November, December, if not....early exit....again

42-6 Final at the half . Sherando puts up somewhere around 350 to 400 yards in the first half. Only reason Jefferson QB scored late in the second is because the Warriors were trying different things on Defense like blitzing etc...if they stay in the base defense , nobody was going anywhere on Sherando straight up. .....I hear you Rev , I can feel your frustration with the Warriors , never meeting your expectations. I just didn’t know the State semi finals last year was considered “ another early exit”. Sherando is very good team every year , hopefully this year they can do something to make you proud. Lol

Last edited:
Hey Hammy, it’s like Ev, Warriors are a prove it team to me, they are over due for a state title and you know it, I’ve watched them beat up teams in the north for years, be the team to beat in the state!!!!

I am completely sure the goal is to do that. You play the schedule , you try to get better every week. Warriors are very legit this year in all facets of the game. Have to stay healthy, and see what happens. We will have some good challenges coming up in a few weeks. Come out and watch.

Reactions: Rev_Real
The Sherando HC needs to look at major overhaul of their annual opponents. Sherando needs to keep Martinsburg and unload those other eastern panhandle cupcakes. Get the likes of Fort Hill, Eastern View and maybe like Tuscarora, Stone Bridge and Briar Woods that will prepare the Warriors for a state title run. Without a doubt, the overhaul of their schedule is long overdue.

The Sherando HC needs to look at major overhaul of their annual opponents. Sherando needs to keep Martinsburg and unload those other eastern panhandle cupcakes. Get the likes of Fort Hill, Eastern View and maybe like Tuscarora, Stone Bridge and Briar Woods that will prepare the Warriors for a state title run. Without a doubt, the overhaul of their schedule is long overdue.

If I'm not mistaken, both sides wanted to continue the Fort Hill series but a date couldn't be worked out due to prior commitments. I could see Tuscarora being an annual opponent since they'll be in 4C starting next year, and we've played Eastern View a few times in the regular season in the past so I don't think it'd be out of the question to see them back again.

Of course scheduling all of those teams would likely result in missing the playoffs with only six teams making it in Region C.

For what it's worth most of the weaker teams on Sherando's schedule aren't from West Virginia anymore. It's only Jefferson nowadays; we dropped Washington and Musselman a few years ago.

Sherando HC doesn’t make the schedule, the AD does.

Bottom line, Sherando with the plethora of talent inside those walls at Sherando HS needs to do something to give those athletes a better opportunity to compete against better competition.

ADVERTISEMENT