ADVERTISEMENT

Sherando is the best team in the state at 4A

so far , Matt had it right .

I'm certainly not overlooking the other three teams in 4C, but I have concerns about the defense against high powered offenses in the other regions if we're fortunate enough to make it far enough for it to matter. While Sherando's defense has made great strides since the Martinsburg game, we still have to put four quarters together. There's been a lot of improvement each week, just have to come out firing on all cylinders.

We're going to need Doleman back to have a shot at a deep run though.

Reactions: WarrentonCougar21
I've seen your posts and you speak as though you have a close relationship on their program/staff with firsthand information. I get the Doleman issue, but they didn't have him for the entire 2nd half against Millbrook and still held them to less than 150 yards of offense. I think Smallfry is just looking to do a little "stiring". Always makes for good entertainment. Kettle Run will be riding high and looking forward to the rematch.

Not stirring anything , stating the facts . Team is at 100 percent . And scores well and play excellent defense most of the time . Facts that’s it .

Reactions: Shruikan
You say "just stating facts" all the time. So this might help: "To stir the pot is to agitate a situation to cause a reaction." What else could your statements mean? You speak as though you are in the "know", hence my earlier statement.

I mean everyone gets their own opinion, but until Sherando wins the state title, you can’t state they are the best team in 4A as a fact. They haven’t proven anything yet and I’m a big Sherando fan. Stay humble.

Reactions: OCBoy
I was just speaking hypothetically in a prediction basis . Of Course , Sherando will need to go out and perform at a high level in every playoff game. They will get tougher every week.

Reactions: BigBWincCity
I mean everyone gets their own opinion, but until Sherando wins the state title, you can’t state they are the best team in 4A as a fact. They haven’t proven anything yet and I’m a big Sherando fan. Stay humble.
Well said. There are 15 other teams sill standing in 4A and still a lot of games to be played. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but @Smallfry2015 be careful not to set yourself up for a huge plate of crow.

Also, please avoid using phrases like "mild concussion." There is no such thing. That is word for word what is in the training video I have to watch every year.

I can use whatever phrase I want ,you are not my boss. and yes there is a difference in the the severity of concussions . You can call it whatever you want as all concussions are worthy of the same treatment . I have seen players pass the test in days , and some out for weeks . Call it what you want . I will say what I want .

Well said. There are 15 other teams sill standing in 4A and still a lot of games to be played. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but @Smallfry2015 be careful not to set yourself up for a huge plate of crow.
Oh I am soooooo scared of the whole fake crow eating thing.....lmao you all are funny . People get on here every day talking up the teams they represent, who are you all the FUN police?

Reactions: VolNation85
Oh I am soooooo scared of the whole fake crow eating thing.....lmao you all are funny . People get on here every day talking up the teams they represent, who are you all the FUN police?
LOL definitely not! I encourage you to continue actually. I enjoy it. After all, it serves it's purpose and gets people talking, right?

Reactions: Smallfry2015
Region C byes the first week I don’t like . Let’s be uniform across the state ( I mean who wanted this) , and let’s have cross region bracketing to make it more interesting! getting kind of old comparing regions who only meet in the Semi- finals and the state championship. Plus Region C the top two teams lose playoff revenue sitting at home for a week. when they deserve to get that money. Is that to bad a post for you all?

Region C byes the first week I don’t like . Let’s be uniform across the state ( I mean who wanted this) , and let’s have cross region bracketing to make it more interesting! getting kind of old comparing regions who only meet in the Semi- finals and the state championship. Plus Region C the top two teams lose playoff revenue sitting at home for a week. when they deserve to get that money. Is that to bad a post for you all?
I agree that all the regions should play the same amount of playoff games. Shouldn’t be left up to each region to decide.

@Shruikan and @Smallfry2015 aka @hamspear (obvious because of the irrational and disrespectful attitude) it seems the Sherando house is divided. The Warriors are a very good no doubt, but after watching the Martinsburg game I believe they will have trouble with a sound passing team (Woodgrove or possibly Blacksburg). Problem is who is going to stop Sherando's offense. Very few teams in c and d can. Maybe EC Glass and there are several teams capable in A and B. Lafayette versus Sherando really intrigues me. The Wilkins kid would give the Sherando o line fits.

@Shruikan and @Smallfry2015 aka @hamspear (obvious because of the irrational and disrespectful attitude) it seems the Sherando house is divided. The Warriors are a very good no doubt, but after watching the Martinsburg game I believe they will have trouble with a sound passing team (Woodgrove or possibly Blacksburg). Problem is who is going to stop Sherando's offense. Very few teams in c and d can. Maybe EC Glass and there are several teams capable in A and B. Lafayette versus Sherando really intrigues me. The Wilkins kid would give the Sherando o line fits.

I worry about everything so a lot of my concerns might not be seen as issues by those who really know what they're talking about. Still, I have a lot of confidence in the coaching staff and the players. They'll handle the next game up while I fuss over possibilities.

I agree with you on the passing game. Martinsburg is the only really good passing team we've played this year and they could move the ball at will at times. However, Martinsburg is also really good at pretty much everything else and is much, much deeper than anyone else Sherando plays. I don't know if anyone else in 4A has the depth they do this year.

Kettle Run did a good job at limiting Sherando's offense, but it should be noted that that was the first game Entsminger wore his leg brace, and he wasn't as mobile as he was against Martinsburg the week before. I'll be interested to see if they're able to limit us as well this time around. They're solid all around. Not the kind of team you can show up flat against. Woodgrove is as scary to me as Blacksburg is in a lot of ways; they're vastly underrated due to there not being many posters on the 4A boards from Loudoun.

With regards to Wilkins, I'll say that Sherando has done better at containing superstar-type athletes this year than last year and in 2013. Martinsburg put up a ton of points but they have skilled players all over the field, it wasn't all one guy doing the damage.

Also, MaxPreps is dishing out the disrespect. I don't think they have much faith in Loudoun County or Kettle Run. Maybe the coaches from those schools have some new locker room material! :rolleyes:

OEETY9O.jpg

Reactions: LancerDad
@Shruikan, I appreciate your honesty, but I like your post and find them very insightful. You certainly dont deserve to be disrespected for having an opinion. Just a bit of info. Max Preps doesnt create Sherandos schedule and certainly isnt dishing out disrespect. Someone from Sherando (usually the statistician or a member of the coaching staff) has access to the team account and put the Woodgrove game on there. Thats pretty bold, but like the thread title says Sherando is the best team in the state. Maybe Hamspear aka Smallfry did it. Lol

Reactions: schoolboard
@Shruikan, I appreciate your honesty, but I like your post and find them very insightful. You certainly dont deserve to be disrespected for having an opinion. Just a bit of info. Max Preps doesnt create Sherandos schedule and certainly isnt dishing out disrespect. Someone from Sherando (usually the statistician or a member of the coaching staff) has access to the team account and put the Woodgrove game on there. Thats pretty bold, but like the thread title says Sherando is the best team in the state. Maybe Hamspear aka Smallfry did it. Lol
Please

VHSL gets that money. You only get the concessions

Sherando is pretty dang on good but thats a BOLD BOLD statement this early in the playoffs! But everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I dont think there is many if any teams in 4A that are as good as Martinsburg and they hung tough with them so maybe you are right sir.

Reactions: Renaissance man
its My opinion and his , you are right still have to prove it . Lots of games left . Woodgrove , EV , and Louisa ,and Blacksburg , and Glass I think will have a lot to say about it before it’s over .

Here is a fact for you , I Have been around a Sherando football since the the first game ever , know more about than most anybody I know ,except for a few administrators. So you think I a, ontradicting
This guy keeps contradicting himself lol, guess he’s not sure what the difference is between an opinion and a fact.
This guy keeps contradicting himself lol, guess he’s not sure what the difference is between an opinion and a fact.
guess not , you are the expert .

I don’t always know how to say things in the correct way on email or text , especially on posts on this board , Mainly because I don’t have the patience to take the time to be politically correct or fix my spelling or context of my statement , Also- and / or I don’t really care what others think on here . But I am a Sherando fan , and there is not much I don’t know from way back from when the Warriors sucked or the good years . I don’t need some freshman telling me what I say is wrong or I don’t know what I am talking about . I am glad we have some new posters on this board , shruikan is very informative , bigB , and some others nice positive posts.
missed this post , glad I did . What a joke

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT