ADVERTISEMENT

Sherando?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2015
Since everyone in Frederick County seems to be aware that Sherando played five games with an ineligible player - a starter, who lives outside the district and should go to a different school, does anyone think they will do the right thing and forfeit those games, or are they frantically working to cover their posteriors? Will anyone from the Frederick County Administration do the right thing, or the VHSL?

Maybe you should contact the VHSL.
Don't you think the Frederick County School Board Office is the entity that oversees what kid goes to which school? Any issue regarding attendance should be regulated by the county itself and not the VHSL.

A few years ago Lafayette had an eligible player that did not have a signed medical form on file and though he never played they had to forfeit all the games he was on the Varsity roster. An appeal was made to vhsl that a missing form should not result in forfeitures. In their usual stupidity the appeal was denied. Due to this Lafayette went from a 2 seed to out of the playoffs. I cannot believe using an ineligible player could result therefore in anything but forfeitures.

Since everyone in Frederick County seems to be aware that Sherando played five games with an ineligible player - a starter, who lives outside the district and should go to a different school, does anyone think they will do the right thing and forfeit those games, or are they frantically working to cover their posteriors? Will anyone from the Frederick County Administration do the right thing, or the VHSL?
This is easy. Make a phone call or send an email to the school's Principle or AD. They are, by VHSL rule, forced to investigate and report the results to the VHSL. Read the rules. The VHSL has no investigative body. If you can post on the board, you can send a simple email. GL.

Do that or shut up.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Since you know so much about this ineligible player, did they stop playing him, since you said he only played 5 games? Do you know there has not been some legitimate reason why he can play, like a parent working at the school? Do you know anything? I am the last one to defend Sherando, but for something "everyone knows", you don't seem to know much.

I would encourage everyone to wait until the facts are made public. Sometimes, a rush to judgement based on what appears to be, causes you to look bad. And furthermore, in this case specifically, adults need to consider what they can do to help a kid in need, instead of assuming something that is totally incorrect.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you pay a certain amount of money to enroll in another county school even if you don't live in the area? I swear I remember a few kids doing that when I was still in school. Anyway, where's the proof in all this? Looks to me like you've only posted once and just want to stir things up.

First time posters over the years tend to come on here post frivolous things and disappear

If it is correct about the player being ineligible, then you have to atleast investigate it, be truthful about it and do the right thing, not only to uphold your integrity, there are 28 other schools in 4A WEST that this decision will affect, and you have to be fair to them. It's called doing the right thing!

Again, unless someone files a complaint with the Principle or AD, no investigation will even begin. It's real simple.

"Dear Sir,
Player "A", on the Sherando Football team, resides in an area zoned for James Wood. I know this because he lives two houses away, I know his parents and see him every day. I believe him ineligible to be attending SHS or participating in school activities.

Sincerely,
Joe Blo
14 elm st
703-555-1625"

Bottom line on this one is, I doubt anything will come of this at all.

Probably some pissed off handley fan that realizes handley could not beat some jv teams this year. I know coach Hall personally and he would not allow this to happen. The person that posted about paying to go to another school is right that can be done. Notice how he didn't give a number or name of the player. If he had solid proof post it for all to see. Just don't stir the pot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you pay a certain amount of money to enroll in another county school even if you don't live in the area? I swear I remember a few kids doing that when I was still in school. Anyway, where's the proof in all this? Looks to me like you've only posted once and just want to stir things up.
you can pay but you have to be enrolled at that school for atleast a full semester before participating in a particular sport so if its football this year they would have to be enrolled at that school for the prior spring semester. only time that is different is if they moved into the district from atleast 30 miles away i believe is the distance.

So what happens next says every team that played them during that stretch. With Ham jumping out, oh around that same time, it makes me very curious. This would shake the standings up quite a bit. I love a good scandal.

Numb-nuts up there that made the post yesterday (the day he joined) hasn't responded since.....most likely someone trying to stir the soup.

I've heard this, too. I've also heard that Sherando is well aware of the issue. The player in question has not played the last two games after this came up, and at the James Wood game was in street clothes outside the fence but with no apparent injury. I do not know if he was at the Handley game but heard he did not play again. Does seem strange that a senior starter suddenly drops off the face of the earth with no explanation or injury. Again, this is what I've heard around town - won't name the player and can't say I know for sure, but the OP asked a question that a lot of people are asking. I would take it easy on judging him or her too much, not everybody can be on here all the time - there might be valid reasons for coming on here and not yet being back. I myself read but rarely post because a few people here act like high school football is life and death, yet they are the same ones who criticize someone who actually might have been motivated to join by their own passion. Some people here think they know it all - one even "helpfully" wrote a sample letter to inform the principal or AD, as if that's required - if you had ever spent five minutes actually working in high school sports you would know that no letter or complaint is required to investigate something - good administrators and coaches look into EVERY rumor and suspicion - for example, in this case you would be a fool to let a player keep playing while waiting on a "letter" - every game you played while hoping no one complains is a potential forfeit. The OP even asked the question of if administrators would do the right thing or if they were trying to cover things up - implying that they already know. Reading comprehension is your friend. I don't know how this will ultimately turn out, but I do know it is a "thing" in the area.

Everyone saying I heard this or that. Post proof or sources not just hearsay. Salty fans since there team came up short just like the hype on james wood this year. Likely out of the playoff picture and bishop falling off the last couple weeks. Coach Hall would not allow this to happen if he was aware of it. Just like you guys I have heard several stories around this issue as well, like he was enrolled for the spring semester last year and his family paid the fee to go to sherando. Also the player in question has sat out the last 2 games and guess what the Warriors still won. The Warriors also beat Wood with five starters out. They are a deep and talented team. The only true challenge I see on their remaining schedule is fort hill. I mean hell Millbrook needed clarke county to shoot themselves in the foot to win that game

Listen all you people , speculation is a powerful thing, but you all have no clue what you are talking about. And EVCYC, I am not posting on here has nothing to do with this moronic post , guarantee that. This student is eligible , has been eligible. Missed games for another disciplinary action, is working on personal issues that are not all his fault, and hopefully he will play again. The Student is 18, can live where he wants and has been living in the Stephens City area for a long time. I realize the motive is always to bring a good program down, makes you all feel better about yourself. Now you all can go talk about how Louisa is the second coming 2013 Dinwiddie or something.

Nice. My comment was said in humor about you not posting. I'm not sure anyone said that's why they won games.. and it's more about the rumor being so juicy. The impact of it being true is crazy. Generally most rumors have some truth to them, just which parts. It has been several weeks though, so if he was ineligible, and they stopped playing him, they would of reported it by now, unless it is a cover up. (easy, said with tongue and check). But what if....

No Hamspear, he cannot live where he wants, no matter how old he is. But which is it? He lives in Stephens City or he can live where he wants?

Check the whole sour grapes thing - despite my name I am a realist. James Wood is WAY overrated - prior to Sherando the only team they had played was Heritage, and they got destroyed. Warren County, Hedgesville, Strasburg, Park View? Sherando should have beaten them by 21, regardless of who played.

Not sure what the James wood game has anything to do with this post but good luck to James wood the rest of the season. Seems like you do have sour grapes, lost the game no matter the score. and Sherando will eventually lose also. just not to James wood this year. Once again good luck to James wood.

Hey, the kid is homeless. The community is trying their damnedest to try and save a kid before he makes a life ruining mistake. He didn't play the last two games because he was being disciplined in an effort to give him a second chance. Nothing more, nothing less.

Are you happy now? You've listened to someone that did not have a clue, and you have helped put doub't about the real motive in question, and most of you have embarrassed yourselves.

Please guys, just drop the subject. It doesn't have a damn thing to do with an ineligible player, and everything to do with trying to keep another lost soul from throwing his life away.

Please, I beg of you. Thank you.

I have been defending Sherando this whole thread(which goes against my natural instincts), and Hamspear's explanation makes more sense than any of the accusations, but the kid being homeless(if true) does not necessarily grant exemption to VHSL rules.

And Yes you can live where you want once you are senior! And 18 years old, just had the conversation this week with the Frederick county schoolboard about my son , (not related to this post) , living outside the Sherando area and currently going to Sherando . I Was told directly by the school board office myself, that since he is senior he is not made to transfer schools. he can finish his senior year at his current school without paying any money or transfering during his senior year. ******* check this- I DO KNOW WHAT I AM TaLKING ABOUT!

Hamspear is right if you are a senior and move elsewhere you can finish your senior year at the school you were at. Since a poster said wood has not played anybody besides heritage and sherando. Why don't they have a better record? Strasburg gave wood all they could handle. If not for crucial dropped passes wood loses to strasburg as well.

He just had to throw in a Louisa jab, yet again, in a thread completely unrelated, after having to create a whole "woe is me" thread about "leaving" when everyone knew it was just more nonsense. But I guess I'll be the bad person for responding, like always.

Last edited:
mlfw10668_medium.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT