ADVERTISEMENT

Shout Out to Doug Smith

oneforthehokies

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 16, 2013
This was probably posted but I missed it. Wanted to give a shout out to Doug Smith, the Head Coach of Appomattox High School who is better known by those of the faith as a Christian, a good man, and solid coach. Anyway, Smith was named the Head Coach of the Year in Virginia's 2A ball. Appo fans, you are a classy bunch and you treated this G-MEN fan with great respect, kindness, and I was proud to be in your company. Again, sorry if posted in Jan-Feb, but I missed it. Hopefully my G-Men can get some revenge at some point, but it will not be this year. 2021, it's on like Donkey Kong!

Hopefully pigskin is played in 2020. Appomattox, on paper at least, may have the most dominant team in a long time in 2A ball, and will be heavy favorites, even over a solid and classy Stuarts Draft bunch that I understand also returns a bunch. If they stay healthy, I think the Tazewell Bulldogs will win Region D in Southwest Virginia. They are going to be fantastic on both sides of the ball and have a couple game changers.

5df56797cf1ba.image.jpg

Appomattox is a very special program that does things the right way. A community filled with very nice and prideful people. The football program is shaping into a dynasty. I’m not a native, but a big fan of how they do things in Appo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT