ADVERTISEMENT

Smithfield HC Chavis leaving

Lafayette

VaPreps All District
Aug 26, 2001
Daily Press has new article that Smithfield Head Football coach Chavis for past three years is leaving. Accepted new HC job as a yet unnamed school. Alot of new football HC in the Bayrivers this year.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Who will take the reigns at Smithfield? Is there an assistant that is heir apparent?

Daily Press has new article that Smithfield Head Football coach Chavis for past three years is leaving. Accepted new HC job as a yet unnamed school. Alot of new football HC in the Bayrivers this year.
I hope you have been well my old friend.

I see we, (Dinwiddie), missed out on the ABC Distribution Center. I think it's going to Hanover?

I see we, (Dinwiddie), missed out on the ABC Distribution Center. I think it's going to Hanover?
To Mechanicsville right off 295. Super convienent for all the truck traffic and close enough to the old location (10-15 minutes) that no ones commute is impacted at all.

Not sure who takes over Smithfield. Just announced one of the asst coaches at Gloucester will be Football HC at Jamestown. Is committing to a long period there as 4 HCs in 6 years is part of the problem. I was surprised how small our enrollment is to everyone else in 4A.

Ps - I’m doing well in retirement, no health issues at all. I hit the gym every day and lift weights. Not suiting up though. Hope you are also doing good.

Other than little dings and dangs, doing just fine thanks. Glad to hear you are doing so good also.

I go by the gym every day too. One of these days I'm going to stop and go in.

I hope it will work out long term for Jamestown.

Caroline has been plagued with the same problem.

I don't guess we will ever really know, but Smithfield had a reputation for meddling with their head coach, prior to Chavis. It makes me wonder if it is still a problem?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT