ADVERTISEMENT

Smithfield Head Coach???

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Is it safe to assume that Smithfield is probably not hiring a coach from within the school system? I'm theorizing that this is the case and they are looking outside, and one or more potential applicants are under contract elsewhere?

They have a coach!! Just waiting on the formal things like school board approval, but they "hired" someone a couple weeks ago.

They have a coach!! Just waiting on the formal things like school board approval, but they "hired" someone a couple weeks ago.
I know you can't name him, but is this a good hire? Do you think he can build on the last couple of years of improvement?

He's a young guy that was on staff at a couple of places including NSU. He will work hard and should get the most out of those guys and get them into school. He attends a lot of clinics and seeks knowledge from other coaches and sources.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
GWB16, what do you think? I like what was quoted by Matt Hatfield. This coach and educator clearly understands the big picture of providing leadership to his student athletes. I am rooting for the Packers. At least until they cross paths with Dinwiddie. Then they will slip to second in my rooting pecking order.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT