ADVERTISEMENT

So one thing was proven opening night in the 757..........

May 29, 2001
Its not hard to win on the road: Nansemond River and :Lake Taylor did, convincingly, as did Phoebus, Maury and a few others: what if Norview's QB Mack threw for 400+ yards each contest during the regular season? Has ANYONE in VA ever thrown for 4,000 yards during ONE regular season?

Oh.....and Khalan Laborn rushed for almost 200 yards against a Salem defense? Yeah, this brother is legit! Portsmouth schools start out 1-2 collectively, with Wilson catching the loss to Phoebus (judging off highlights, Phoebus seems to "be back") and Norcom catching the L to a Maury team picked numerous times to finish below my Greyhounds in "district standings," and now possibly Norcom looking VERY beatable this year, or Maury better than what folks envisioned for the season. Forgot to add that Churchland got the W against Warhill.

Just maybe Great Bridge IS young or Norview is possibly that dominant. Indian River I thought would score more points, or Bethel is better than envisioned (PD talk seemed to circle all Hampton schools BUT the Bruins, as well as Woodside and Heritage). Did only allow 8 points, which says something about the defense playing without Yulee (Beckett and Yulee HAS to be the most formidable duo in the 757 if not the state). Bayside won big. I'm excited and again, overseas and away from all the action.

Ok, and can we get a borderline series going? Lake Taylor and Oscar Smith may be in different cities, but the school zones face each other. Kinda like what Western Branch and Churchland or Deep Creek and Norcom used to bring.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT