ADVERTISEMENT

so we know this about bealton

3puttcharlie

VaPreps Varsity
Jul 31, 2013
Qb walters 30 t/ds- parker 1300 yds rushing 16 t/d- hogasn 800 yds rushing 13 t/ds- w/r spagnoletti 542 yds 6 t/ds ....... anybody else touch the ball.... hos the def. Leaders

Good offensive weapons. Agreed. Add the OLine averages 6'3" and 280 and the culture is just pure nasty.

Not a prediction. This is just what it is and Salem hasn't played nasty all year. That's a fact too. Liberty will give them a game.

What sort of offense and defense do they run? Explain nasty?

GO SALEM
GO MULES

From watching a bit of film on Liberty what I see is their O line is just muscling their way straight ahead trying to out will their opponent's D line! I hope this isn't what you call nasty because if it is I'm not seeing it.....sorry shauntclair!! Now if you're definition of nasty is....eye gouging, biting, kicking, late hits, punching (humor here)...etc, then ...OK I might believe you, but I'm sure that's definitely not what you're saying!! I'm not so sure that muscling will work with Salem...I guess we'll have to wait and see! Then just vice verse on their D line on the opposing O line!! This really will be a good game on Saturday!! It could be that specialty teams might play a roll Saturday...now wouldn't that be something? Who ever wins Saturday ( I hope Salem ), but I'm still sticking with the North to bring home the ring!!

Let's see. Nasty? Does the term Sherando strike a bell? Does shut out strike a bell? Does 7 - 0 with Fox and Coulling strike a bell?

Liberty is not fancy. Nothing special about them but they do have some next level skill players. They will just run it down Salem's throat all day. The defense will put helmets and pads on you. That's all there is to them. Very simple. Stop em' if you can team. Stop the simple offense. Make yards against the simple defense. Should be no issue for Salem.

Liberty has plenty of weapons other than Walters and Spagnoletti. RB Martin Parker had 1,056 yards in the regular season and added 142 versus Sherando in Quarterfinal game. RB TJ Hogan had over 700 yards rushing. Brent Smith is the 3rd running back and can run effectively as well. Not that he'll do this against Salem but Aaron Walters had 330 yards rushing against Sherando in the regular season when Parker was suspended for a game. In the playoff game when Sherando concentrated on limiting his running, he passed for over 200 yards including a 60 yard td pass to Spagnoletti.

Eagles went to a no split offensive line alignment with no wide receivers to start the second half against Sherando and simply played smash mouth football after a more wide open attack in the first half.

Eagles defense completely shut down Sherando's Leequan Johnson (Northwestern District Offensive Player of the Year) in their quarterfinal playoff game (16 carries for 35 yards) after Johnson had torched Liberty for 231 total yards in Warriors' 28-14 regular season loss to Liberty.

Home field advantage might be the deciding factor for Salem but Liberty showed they can win on the road with last week's 35-28 win over Jefferson Forest.

I hope you are right about Liberty Shaunty. I look forward to seeing Salem play a team like that. Salem doesn't get a chance to play many teams as nasty as they are.

Thought it was a pretty straight forward question. Defense? Odd or even front? Offense, spread, I, wing, slot, veer. That sort of thing.
Does pompous ass ring a bell?
GO SALEM
GO MULES

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT