ADVERTISEMENT

So whats the info up in region A and B?

lovethisgame78

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 28, 2012
East Rock looks to be the favorite but i have no clue about the teams in that area. They just crushed BG. But wasnt their first game very close? Who else are the favorites?

Reactions: Stabler1980
East Rock and Central are legit. ER is full of seniors and is as complete a 2A team as I have witnessed in recent years. Central is senior laden as well that is similar in many ways. My opinion is that Central does not have quite as good a D as ER or the deep threat through the air. Central has a little more speed on the edge but slip screens do not showcase that. To put it more bluntly, Clanton can fly and is elusive when in space. He doesn’t run deep routes often enough in my opinion. That said, it could go either way but if I was a gambling man, my money would be on ER to handle this game by double digits.

I couldn’t tell you anything about Region A other than what I have observed others in here saying and deductive reasoning.
Goochland seems to be to this game every year and has consistently won to advance. Scores and game recaps tell me they are not quite as dominant as years past.
Poquoson has proven to be a formidable team especially in recent years. Returning a good portion of the Regional Champion from last year bodes well for them again this year. Understanding who they play in district explains their record.

I know this is not always the case but comparing the Amelia scores it would appear Poquoson should be favored. Home field should counter that so this appears to be a dead heat in Region A.

Good luck to these teams as they enjoy practicing on Thanksgiving and playing over the holiday break.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT