ADVERTISEMENT

Some new records

VHSL-helper

VaPreps All Region
Oct 23, 2004
Fri. night, Tazewell's Cassius Harris had 11 catches (in a loss), giving him 104 receptions on the season.

Richlands' Isaiah Bandy (Jr.) kicked a record-tying FIVE field goals (in a loss).

Thur night, Oscar Smith (6A) QB Ethan Vasko passed for a record-tying NINE touchdowns,
and got a record-setting 10th 'responsibility' TD on a 4th & 25 scamper - all in just 3 quarters.

And gotta mention Grundy (1A) & Ian Scammell in a non-listed category.
The Wave went 7-7 on two-point tries, with Scammell getting 6 of those!

Radford's Landen Clark caught his 9 Int of the season which is a new Radford season record. He did it in only 5 games including 4 in one game. He returned 3 for TDs and almost returned a 4th on Friday.

Radford's Landen Clark caught his 9 Int of the season which is a new Radford season record. He did it in only 5 games including 4 in one game. He returned 3 for TDs and almost returned a 4th on Friday.
That’s awesome!

I thought 9 interceptions in a season would be close to the VHSL record. However I just looked at the record book and the top 2 are
23 Ricky Bailey (Painter Central)
20 Jimmy Ray Carter (Wise)

Crazy!

Reactions: RadfordCat
Fri. night, Tazewell's Cassius Harris had 11 catches (in a loss), giving him 104 receptions on the season.

104 catches (11 games) makes Cassius Harris the sole owner of the single season reception record. The previous record was 102 held by Nick Matthews from Patriot in 2012 in 12 games.

Earlier this season he tied the single game reception record when he had 20 against Riverheads.

Through the 28 games in his career he has 144 catches, giving him an outside shot of breaking the all time reception record of 227 next season.

That’s awesome!

I thought 9 interceptions in a season would be close to the VHSL record. However I just looked at the record book and the top 2 are
23 Ricky Bailey (Painter Central)
20 Jimmy Ray Carter (Wise)

Crazy!
I thought those were INTs thrown lol I read it wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT