ADVERTISEMENT

Something to consider

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
Something to consider in Salem GW game. In the last two years how many elite teams has each team played? Of course your definition of elite could vary but here goes: Salem played Dinwiddie twice , Byrd twice (last year), Millbrook, Dominion, Blacksburg twice, Amherst twice. Salem is 7-3 in those ten games. GW has played Amherst county twice, Magna Vista twice, and Heritage from Leesburg once. They are 2 wins three losses in those five games. Will this matter? I think some, but probably offset by GW playing at home.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Something to consider in Salem GW game. In the last two years how many elite teams has each team played? Of course your definition of elite could vary but here goes: Salem played Dinwiddie twice , Byrd twice (last year), Millbrook, Dominion, Blacksburg twice, Amherst twice. Salem is 7-3 in those ten games. GW has played Amherst county twice, Magna Vista twice, and Heritage from Leesburg once. They are 2 wins three losses in those five games. Will this matter? I think some, but probably offset by GW playing at home.
None of that matters. New team, new year. Los Poole is coming.

I understand southbottom! Its hard to take in that this will be Salem's last game of the season. We at GW have experienced that a few times. No one in Danville can get that taste out of our mouth from 2014 in Salem so we will return the favor enjoy!! WE ARE THE BORG WE WILL ADAPT!!! LOL SHOTS FIRED!!!

Leave this here :cool: @Lewis918777

acc17-4.jpg

I don't know much about GW or the Poole brothers. Do either of them play defense? Does max preps have the scores correct for the first 3 games, did GW give up 140+ points in those games. Not poking, just wondering. What is the expected score of this game, over/under kind of thing?

I'm not familiar with that picture above, but it looks like a whole bunch of GW players having trouble tackling 1 Salem player? Was that the point? Is #13 even helping? Whats with the kid being crushed by his own teammate? I have so many questions....

I don't know much about GW or the Poole brothers. Do either of them play defense? Does max preps have the scores correct for the first 3 games, did GW give up 140+ points in those games. Not poking, just wondering. What is the expected score of this game, over/under kind of thing?

I'm not familiar with that picture above, but it looks like a whole bunch of GW players having trouble tackling 1 Salem player? Was that the point? Is #13 even helping? Whats with the kid being crushed by his own teammate? I have so many questions....
In my Lavar Ball impression...Stay in yo lane and worry about this tail whipping Widdie is gonna put on your team Friday ;). That's swarming defense there and that's not Salem, that's one of the best running backs in the state, Frank Ross who plays for Amherst. And the Poole brothers? GOOGLE EM. They're on Hudl.

In my Lavar Ball impression...Stay in yo lane and worry about this tail whipping Widdie is gonna put on your team Friday ;). That's swarming defense there and that's not Salem, that's one of the best running backs in the state, Frank Ross who plays for Amherst. And the Poole brothers? GOOGLE EM. They're on Hudl.
@DanvilleSportsHead U know us Generals fans are SUPER humble, but reading this thread is cracking me Up! You have me wanting to talk smack

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Ok so you don't know if they play defense or you don't like the facts, which don't align with your fantasy. I'm on to you DSH.. :cool: Did you know prior to the playoff game, Salem had given up right around 140 points (again assuming max preps is right). What did you think about Salem only giving up 25 to Dinwiddie (and 7 of that was on basically the last play to win). I have no idea who wins this, I am just trying to view the facts. Is GW's defense better than Cville's? Still wondering what Vegas would put this over under at?

Yeah yeah, I already heard about Dinwiddie and the whipping. I may not even go now..

Reactions: OCBoy
Ok so you don't know if they play defense or you don't like the facts, which don't align with your fantasy. I'm on to you DSH.. :cool: Did you know prior to the playoff game, Salem had given up right around 140 points (again assuming max preps is right). What did you think about Salem only giving up 25 to Dinwiddie (and 7 of that was on basically the last play to win). I have no idea who wins this, I am just trying to view the facts. Is GW's defense better than Cville's? Still wondering what Vegas would put this over under at?

Yeah yeah, I already heard about Dinwiddie and the whipping. I may not even go now..
You tell Maxpreps to be at J.T. Christopher stadium Friday night and collect all the stats they want!!!! Unless they plan on helping Salem!!! Stay out of the way lol!!!

Y’all be humble and don’t fall into the same bs Louisa has found its self in on here. Please stay humble...

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Strange to see actual trash talk on here. Normally it's all rainbows and sunshine when talking about the matchups. I guess the hurt feelings from 2014 never really went away.

LOL, I thought the same thing. "Man, sure are a lot of guys struggling to tackle one guy. Only one guy was really on the tackle. The others just watching."

STAY IN YO LANE

Reactions: Lewis918777
STAY IN YO LANE

:);):D:rolleyes: Thank you for this. My day was a bit stiff. How come you get to jump from thread to thread pretending to know what you are talking about, but I can't jut bring some facts :) I like your version of they started it. Did they? Did they really start this? I'm not sure you get to hype a defense that gave up as many points as they did this year, that just seems wrong. Ok fine, just don't come crying to me next week when I tried to help you.

:);):D:rolleyes: Thank you for this. My day was a bit stiff. How come you get to jump from thread to thread pretending to know what you are talking about, but I can't jut bring some facts :) I like your version of they started it. Did they? Did they really start this? I'm not sure you get to hype a defense that gave up as many points as they did this year, that just seems wrong. Ok fine, just don't come crying to me next week when I tried to help you.
Please stop with this!! We've decided to be humble!! GL to your team this week in Dinnwidde!!!

Reactions: OCBoy
Interesting stats GW averaging 56 giving up 24. Salem averaging 42, giving up 20. Would love to have first half scores for each team, might tell us more than the stats given above. Common opponent is Amherst. GW lost 55-45 at Amherst and then played them again at home and won 43-18. Salem played them at Amherst without Ramsey and won 38-24. Making no assessment, just giving facts.

Interesting stats GW averaging 56 giving up 24. Salem averaging 42, giving up 20. Would love to have first half scores for each team, might tell us more than the stats given above. Common opponent is Amherst. GW lost 55-45 at Amherst and then played them again at home and won 43-18. Salem played them at Amherst without Ramsey and won 38-24. Making no assessment, just giving facts.
See you Friday!!! GL to both teams!!!

Lol!! We decided to be humble, that's awesome..

One more, one more.. the picture of the swarming defense was that from the first game against Amherst where GW gave up 45, assuming max preps is right?

Ok I'm done, yes lets be humble. But if you don't want to be that's fine, I grew up in my impressionable years in NY so my skin has developed a very thick layer of "I don't really have feelings" so don't be shy. ;)

It can't only be Tuesday, I'm not sure how long I can keep doing this.. Let's go already!

No no, bottom, data is not required in this thread. But that is interesting.. That is a very good improvement by GW though from game to game, certainly makes you think the swarming defense may actually exist in more than the one picture. Ok now I'm done. Unless...

Lol!! We decided to be humble, that's awesome..

One more, one more.. the picture of the swarming defense was that from the first game against Amherst where GW gave up 45, assuming max preps is right?

Ok I'm done, yes lets be humble. But if you don't want to be that's fine, I grew up in my impressionable years in NY so my skin has developed a very thick layer of "I don't really have feelings" so don't be shy. ;)

It can't only be Tuesday, I'm not sure how long I can keep doing this.. Let's go already!

No no, bottom, data is not required in this thread. But that is interesting.. That is a very good improvement by GW though from game to game, certainly makes you think the swarming defense may actually exist in more than the one picture. Ok now I'm done. Unless...
Hmmm.... I could give some facts and stats but it will not change the outcome either way!!! @southbottomU we didnt have our Starting RB either the first time we played them in Amherst. He was injured in the 2nd qtr!! I think the score at that point was 28-7!! I can say this GW didn't get 100% healthy until the Magna Vista game!!! Check the score of that game and get back to me!!!

Hmmm.... I could give some facts and stats but it will not change the outcome either way!!! @southbottomU we didnt have our Starting RB either the first time we played them in Amherst. He was injured in the 2nd qtr!! I think the score at that point was 28-7!! I can say this GW didn't get 100% healthy until the Magna Vista game!!! Check the score of that game and get back to me!!!
GW was up 28-7 before the RB got hurt?

Making no predictions just giving out facts. Salem fans love their Spartans and will show up Friday night. However, I think Salem fans have less confidence in this team as compared to the last three years. The reason for this is that Salem football over the years has been defined by defense. I know times have changed and teams are scoring more than they used to, but this Salem team has had more defensive breakdowns than Salem fans are used to. However, the Spartans will still be a tough out.

Making no predictions just giving out facts. Salem fans love their Spartans and will show up Friday night. However, I think Salem fans have less confidence in this team as compared to the last three years. The reason for this is that Salem football over the years has been defined by defense. I know times have changed and teams are scoring more than they used to, but this Salem team has had more defensive breakdowns than Salem fans are used to. However, the Spartans will still be a tough out.
And we Love our GW Eagles!!! GL to both teams!!

No excuses! Doesn’t matter if Salem isn’t as strong. Don’t mean a thing.

This should be a high scoring game. I'm guessing 49-42 range. A late turnover will probably be the difference. Salem doesn't have the defense of recent past and GW doesn't have a great defense either. Should be a fun game to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT