ADVERTISEMENT

Something to consider

If I had to choose, I would say let someone other than Ramsey beat me. I agree play action has been a sound weapon for Salem for years, but their current qb doesn't seem to have the "it" factor or consistency the past few Salem qb's possessed. His arm seems to be strong enough and he has good size; however, he struggles to make the simple throws at times. SouthbottomU, do you think its confidence or something else? Salem could open its bag of tricks and do damage with some screens and wheel routes if GW loads the box.

I can't say for sure, but I believe GW has the speed to cover Tucker deep. DSH or Lewis how do your db's cover in space?
The qb is getting compared to Beckley last year. A little unfair. Gladden is not as mobile, but he can run a little. He throws the ball well and has been a little more consistent as the season has progressed. Remember he is a junior and a first year starter. Unfair to compare him to Beckley in the playoffs. Beckley was special, especially the second half of the season and playoffs.

Reactions: cb2018
No matter who wins win with class and lose with class. Salem has a good run going with losing in state semi, losing in state championship , winning two in a row, and now advancing to region semi. Eight state titles is not bad since 1996 and a lot of great years before that. Maybe it will be somebody else this year besides Lake Taylor, Salem or Dinwiddie. We will play it out. Try and remember and I also am talking to myself as well that young kids are watching and teenagers. There are more important things but it's going to be exciting.

No matter who wins win with class and lose with class. Salem has a good run going with losing in state semi, losing in state championship , winning two in a row, and now advancing to region semi. Eight state titles is not bad since 1996 and a lot of great years before that. Maybe it will be somebody else this year besides Lake Taylor, Salem or Dinwiddie. We will play it out. Try and remember and I also am talking to myself as well that young kids are watching and teenagers. There are more important things but it's going to be exciting.
Good stuff Freeatlast2013. At the end of the day, it's not about us fans...It's about the kids. If Salem wins Friday I'll be the first to congratulate the winning team.

Reactions: Lewis918777
Haha. I’m with ya. I didn’t bring Louisa into this thread, that would be @OCBoy . After seeing Salem work Cville last week, I’m interested to watch them against GW. I hope in a few weeks we will be talking about the Lions vs. the region D champ.
I sure did.......? I don’t wanna see a good group of guys have their teams put into that category Louisa has found itself in. That’s why I said stay humble and it has been clean good smack talk.

It will definitely be someone other than Lake Taylor this year. They lost to Smithfield last week in the first round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT