ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Football is coming

Snow golf should be fun. Also, does anyone really believe wrestling will happen in mid-December?

The reason fall golf and cross country was shot down was too many school systems are partially or totally online in fall, so equity issue since buses not bringing kids to school.

Springer 76:

I have heard other people express the concern that if football were not played until the spring, then "how" could it be played again the following fall? Well I never played the sport so maybe that makes me unqualified to judge but I would think that if the coronavirus situation were under control or eradicated by that time, then both the athletes and administrations would be more than willing to return to normal schedules. But some people say there are other factors that would play into that, such as recovering from injuries, getting fields back into shape, and maybe other stuff that I know nothing about.

My question for football. the 2020 season will start Feb. 15th, 2021. 1st game, season from March 1 thru May 1. Will there be spring football, 7v7 and camps through the summer of 2021? Will the 2021 season start as usual in late August, 2021?
All indications is that we would return to normal in fall 2021. I did hear that it is requested (at the college level at least) that the season start at least 15 days later than it normally would.

I guess we will find out later about schedule limitations and post-season plans.

Plus, I cannot imagine those seniors who sign to play with colleges will be able to play in March and April.

Seniors who sign in December likely will not play in spring of 2021. Personally I do not think there will be spring football. I do not see anything changing come February of 2021. Still no vaccine, still no cure and all of the schools will still be going virtually. I do not see this happening. I have spoken to two seniors and their parents (One who played for me and is signing with VA Tech in December) and they are enrolling early in January to go to VA Tech. If a kid signs most will enroll early. Any kid signing I seriously doubt will play in the spring. It would be like Trevor Lawrence playing in the NFL.
I do not see this happening. Sounds good in theory but I highly doubt it.

Seniors who sign in December likely will not play in spring of 2021. Personally I do not think there will be spring football. I do not see anything changing come February of 2021. Still no vaccine, still no cure and all of the schools will still be going virtually. I do not see this happening. I have spoken to two seniors and their parents (One who played for me and is signing with VA Tech in December) and they are enrolling early in January to go to VA Tech. If a kid signs most will enroll early. Any kid signing I seriously doubt will play in the spring. It would be like Trevor Lawrence playing in the NFL.
Phase 3 testing for the Moderna vaccine starts today. Things are actually looking up.

Odds are we are moving back to phase2 or so many restrictions added to phase3 to keep from politically calling it phase2. Call it what you want but im not holding my breath that we will have football in any way shape or form.

Odds are we are moving back to phase2 or so many restrictions added to phase3 to keep from politically calling it phase2. Call it what you want but im not holding my breath that we will have football in any way shape or form.
The Governor has called a press conference for tomorrow so looks like you may be right.

The Governor has called a press conference for tomorrow so looks like you may be right.
The restrictions per a letter from VB mayor as recommendations are:
1. Reducing groups from 250 to 50.
2. No liquor sales at bars and restaurants after 10 PM.
3. All restaurants and bars cease serving all food after .11PM
4. Curfew at 12 midnight.
5. Authorize local fire Marshall’s to audit all establishments for compliance for marks and social distancing.
6. Do for at least three weeks to see effect.

hope it works because no HS football until phase 4.

Sports are over everything is on hold for any high school sport this year and to be honest the way this covid-19 is set up nothing is going to be the same ever again smh, nfl,mlb,nba, college etc, it’s time for people to start playing no contact sports and that golf, tennis, etc, the best sports in the world is going to basically make less money because it’s all contact sports football and basketball

My question for football. the 2020 season will start Feb. 15th, 2021. 1st game, season from March 1 thru May 1. Will there be spring football, 7v7 and camps through the summer of 2021? Will the 2021 season start as usual in late August, 2021?
No way that ever happens Springer76 and the Vhsl knows that. They are basically kicking the can down the road as far as football is concerned and I sure hate that for all the senior football players. Even if we get to phase 4 no possible way to play in the spring and then start back up in August 2021.

Reactions: meatchop08
Damn, so many experts on this thread. Any of y’all got the secret formula to the vaccine?

It’s not even so much being experts, I see absolutely no faith in the man upstairs. I have faith that God isn’t going to let these kids down. Stop being so negative!

Reactions: Gunz41
I heard today that there "could be" a vaccine out as early as November.. Stressing "could be"..
What’s crazy about the whole thing, dang near just about every high school football kid in Henrico County was at the 804/757 showcase at Herm last week. Not 1 positive case. ;)

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
There is already something like a $1.9 billion contract for the "vaccine" to be mass produced once it has its "emergency" approval. The "emergency" status eliminates some of the red tape. Pfizer has already said they are hopeful for October. $1.9 billion gets things rolling quickly.

Not 1 positive case...yet. Just being real.
I haven’t watched them, but most 804 kids have been playing all summer. Nothing is organized by the specific schools, the kids have been putting it together. If anything has been transmitted, it was probably done months ago. The kids just want to play and if their parents are cool with it, I have no problem with it lol..

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Back to the issue of spring to fall in 2021. I think coaches need to be smart! 2021 is going be a GRIND for your Underclassmen from February through hopefully December! Don’t kill them between now and February! I think, in reality, bump the 2021 season back a few weeks. Make sure state finishes prior to Christmas but otherwise back to normal! Maybe go

state final 12/18
Semis 12/11
Regional finals 12/4
Second Round 11/27
First Round 11/20
Week 1 9/3

I’d start practice maybe 8/7 or even 8/14 and go one scrimmage even

Even if it’s ready I doubt it’ll be mass produced until next spring/summer

If they actually get a working, approved vaccine at some point in C/Y 2020, we'll be seeing the general public get them Q1 2021 for sure. The money that governments across the world are pumping into this thing is to prep the systems for mass production on a scale never before seen. it's more than just making the vaccine itself, we need more small glass vials to transport the vaccine in, more syringes, everything like that, it's not going to take six months to really get it out into the world (well, first-world). If the approval comes in November, you'll probably have healthcare workers and the most at-risk people vaccinated by January at the latest and then it'd be open season for the rest of us. Like, if you give me November as a date for initial dispersal of the vaccine, you yourself will probably get that jab in your arm by February or March, maybe April at the latest.

And again, fortunately the herd immunity number is pretty reasonable (80-82% iirc) compared to measles (95%, because it's literally the most contagious virus on the planet) so unlike right now with masks, we can ignore pleading to our dumber citizens to pitch in and help the effort and just vaccinate the willing and be fine.

Last edited:
If anyone take a vaccine shot for the covid-19 is crazy , I dont even take a flu shot vaccine,it’s all about the immune system , a shot isn’t going to help smh

If anyone take a vaccine shot for the covid-19 is crazy , I dont even take a flu shot vaccine,it’s all about the immune system , a shot isn’t going to help smh

VVVVVVVVVVVV

And again, fortunately the herd immunity number is pretty reasonable (80-82% iirc) compared to measles (95%, because it's literally the most contagious virus on the planet) so unlike right now with masks, we can ignore pleading to our dumber citizens to pitch in and help the effort and just vaccinate the willing and be fine.

I agree that spring football is not going to happen. A vaccine would have to be ready today to get it around for all to take and then there is surely going to be complications.Football for VHSL schools might not even happen in 2021. Just my opinion.

I agree that spring football is not going to happen. A vaccine would have to be ready today to get it around for all to take and then there is surely going to be complications.Football for VHSL schools might not even happen in 2021. Just my opinion.

If we don't have football in fall 2021 then we would have MUCH bigger problems. That'd mean we've whiffed on probably half a dozen vaccines at minimum (I'm heavily underselling this number), all through a variety of vectors, which would be no bueno to say the least.

But you're wrong on the other front, will not take 8-10 months to distribute this stuff. This stuff is going to move like crazy, nobody will have seen mass production done on this scale ever in this country's history.

Last edited:
Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
If we don't have football in fall 2021 then we would have MUCH bigger problems. That'd mean we've whiffed on probably half a dozen vaccines at minimum (I'm heavily underselling this number), all through a variety of vectors, which would be no bueno to say the least.

But you're wrong on the other front, will not take 8-10 months to distribute this stuff. This stuff is going to move like crazy, nobody will have seen mass production done on this scale ever in this country's history.
Most of the vaccines will probably be made in China. A lot of our meds are already made there. That is one big problem now in the Good Ole USA. We have been sold out by greedy CEO's and corporations.

Most of the vaccines will probably be made in China. A lot of our meds are already made there. That is one big problem now in the Good Ole USA. We have been sold out by greedy CEO's and corporations.

Well, not really. The most likely successful candidates thus far (the more successful vaccines the better) will be made stateside via government contracts. I've explained this earlier in the thread, US and EU governments are pumping billions into prepping for production and pre-ordering doses. Again, ideally we want as many successful vaccines as possible because it would ease distribution. If the Oxford succeeds first then portions of the EU will see it first (the US has bought some as well), if the Moderna comes in quicker then the US would be vaccinated first, if the Sinovac came out ahead then the Chinese would go first but this isn't going to be some "we have it and you don't" thing, everyone is going to work together to immunize ASAP because we're so intertwined in global economy now when one of us suffers we all suffer so it behooves all governments to work together on this issue. I'm telling you, what you're going to see on the production front for this vaccine would have Henry Ford blushing.

Well if other schools in other states play in the fall and their isn’t a immediate surge or fallout of cases originating from the sports event I think it’ll be somewhat safe to have high school football in the spring in Va. there’s a lot of uncertainty but there is football being played some places this fall and I’m almost certain the NFL will play by all accounts. I also think the NCAA will play as well. What do they say money talks and bull sheet walks.

Sorry, but you cannot be more wrong abut the efficacy of vaccines-and the science is there to prove it. Granted, certain vaccines are more effective than others, but all have been proven to have some value in protecting the individual by boosting their immune system. How effective a Covid-19 vaccine will be remains to be seen but even some additional protection is better than none.

Dont know the full accuracy of this info. A man whom is a friend of one of my friends was a volunteer person for the covid virus vaccine. His body has reacted to the vaccine and his organs are swelling. He is now on a ventilator and they are treating him with another experimental drug as a last ditch effort to save his life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT