ADVERTISEMENT

State Baseball Quarterfinals: King William vs Page updates

3-1 Page, still top of the 3rd. Two run homer by Williams

KING WILLIAM — T.R. Williams hit a two-run homer and also pitched six innings, giving up three runs on seven hits while striking out nine as Page County defeated King William 8-3 in the Virginia High School League Class 2 baseball quarterfinals on Tuesday in King William County.

It was a solid bounce-back win for the defending VHSL Class 2 champion Panthers (21-3) after a 9-4 loss to Stuarts Draft in the Region 2B title game Friday and earned them a trip to Radford University on Friday to take on Lebanon in the state semifinals.

Caleb Hilliard was 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI for Page in the win while Chase Combs had a two-run double and Freddy Stidham was 2-for-3 with an RBI.

Also chipping in for the Panthers were Tristan Gordon with a hit, Noah Hammer with a hit, an RBI and two runs scored and Isaiah Cloude with a double, a run scored and an RBI.

Page will take on the Pioneers (19-1) — the Region 2D champion — at 10 a.m. on Friday at Radford

I was hoping you got to see him pitch he is the real deal
My daughter had a softball game tonight so I was there, but I had updates coming in from all of the games featuring local teams. He's gonna be a Hokie in a couple of years and I look forward to following him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT