ADVERTISEMENT

state championship

utkrazy419

VaPreps Varsity
May 12, 2009
Was just wondering where the state championship is held this year?Any info appreciated.........

Someone told me one of the two teams would be hosting it this year but I haven’t heard that from anyone else. I’m going with Salem until I hear otherwise.

They finally swapped the times, wonder how long they will stay this way.

Had not heard that news (about the swapping of times.) Maybe the D-2 people got tired of being the ones to play in the colder night temperatures.

I have froze as well watching both games, hope no bad weather, and hope the red team plays in the second game, GO BIG RED

I am pretty sure there are a bunch of teams and fans that would welcome replacing Appo for a couple of years to give you guys a break, lol. IMO it should rotate back and forth on which classification has the earlier game anyway and the wind will be blowing 50 mph regardless of the time either game starts.

• Haha
Reactions: gwb16 and oldfool2
I am pretty sure there are a bunch of teams and fans that would welcome replacing Appo for a couple of years to give you guys a break, lol. IMO it should rotate back and forth on which classification has the earlier game anyway and the wind will be blowing 50 mph regardless of the time either game starts.
2015 was rather comfortable in the high 60's for a low, no jackets required.

I liked the one Gretna won in Liberty in either 03 or 04 when it was snowing. That's a week after playing Graham with Ahmed Bradshaw in Bluefield where it sleeted the whole game. Every ten minutes had to shake ice off the blankets. But that's what I call football weather.

I liked the one Gretna won in Liberty in either 03 or 04 when it was snowing. That's a week after playing Graham with Ahmed Bradshaw in Bluefield where it sleeted the whole game. Every ten minutes had to shake ice off the blankets. But that's what I call football weather.
I drove up to watch Bradshaws Gmen against an elite Gretna team led by V Hall. Gretna come out on fire and took it Graham going up big, then Graham with a vicious comeback that feel just short. Great game. Gretna had an incredible team that year and likely, the state title was played for with that game with Graham.

Reactions: KWcavs360
I drove up to watch Bradshaws Gmen against an elite Gretna team led by V Hall. Gretna come out on fire and took it Graham going up big, then Graham with a vicious comeback that feel just short. Great game. Gretna had an incredible team that year and likely, the state title was played for with that game with Graham.
Vic Hall was one of the best HS FB players I've seen in our lower classifications (D3 and under) in my lifetime. Incredible player. He's up there with the Thomas Jones's and Heath Miller's for his HS career. After, not so much.

Vic Hall was one of the best HS FB players I've seen in our lower classifications (D3 and under) in my lifetime. Incredible player. He's up there with the Thomas Jones's and Heath Miller's for his HS career. After, not so much.
Vic Hall was one of the best HS players regardless of classification. His game would have carried over to higher classifications.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT