ADVERTISEMENT

State Playoff Sites

Feb 9, 2008
Really need to be re-evaluated. I understand the need to cut down on costs but we really do a disservice to our young boys and girls. East Rockingham is a solid team but for Brunswick to travel all day then endure a free throw disadvantage of 2 versus 18 for the home team just doesn’t sit well.
With that type of officiating I expect them to stay within 15 of John Marshall

Trust me Radford fans understand. We traveled to Bassett to play Martinsville. The ticket itself said Martinsville High School. Radford didn't shoot the first free throw til 6 minutes left in the 4th Quarter. Then we traveled 3 hours to play Glenvar on a school night. When Glenvar is located 45 minutes from Radford.

If you're implying that refs were "homers", we had only seen one of those refs all year and that was when the Dogs played at Dan River. Ask someone in the know how the sites were chose. But I did hear that next year everything would be played within a 10 mile radius of Radford. Guess the squeaky wheel does get the grease

Didn't say they were homers. I stated that Radford didn't shoot from the free throw line til 6 minutes left in the game. The first half saw Radford had 9 fouls, Martinsville 3. Just stating facts. Second half seemed more equal.

It more than balanced out in Radford's favor, especially in that 4th Q. I will give Radford their due, they were better than us that night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT