ADVERTISEMENT

State semi's

Ok Louisa dad, give me some good directions - never been to your place before!
Take 64 West to exit 159 for Gum Spring. (Can either stay on 64 straight through Richmond, or bypass Richmond via 295 back to 64.) Take a right off the exit ramp onto US 522 and keep straight until you get to US 33. Take a left on 33, go a short distance, then take a right to get back onto 522. Follow 522 all the way into the town of Mineral. Keep straight through Mineral (one stoplight!) and the school will be on the left.

There's the high school, then the stadium, then the middle school. You can park at the stadium and also at either school, so there is plenty of parking.

Last edited:
Reactions: gwb16 and Louisadad
@Lafayette if you want a REALLY nice dining experience after the game...can I suggest "Tavern on the Rail", call to make reservations though. It is ALWAYS busy, as they have limited operating hours. The Prime Rib is AMAZING!!! FYI...it is WAY OFF of the beaten path, but well worth the hunt to find. And you cannot miss the field or school, great looking facilities.

@Lafayette if you want a REALLY nice dining experience after the game...can I suggest "Tavern on the Rail", call to make reservations though. It is ALWAYS busy, as they have limited operating hours. The Prime Rib is AMAZING!!! FYI...it is WAY OFF of the beaten path, but well worth the hunt to find. And you cannot miss the field or school, great looking facilities.
Everyone should go to Google Maps and see what it looks like there at Louisa Co. HS.

Great directions. Although we only have one red light in our town. We do have an airport if you wish to fly your small airplane or helicopter in Uber will pick you up.
Thanks for directions. Is the field grass or turf? -in a few photos it appears to be turf.

Reactions: Louisadad
it is very good and it is WAY off the path but is 1 mile from where my dad lives so if your going let me know it would be nice to have someone to celebrate the lions victory with.......lol

Reactions: gwb16
it is very good and it is WAY off the path but is 1 mile from where my dad lives so if your going let me know it would be nice to have someone to celebrate the lions victory with.......lol
I make sure to visit there every time I'm at North Anna for a refueling outage...LOL

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
louisa-county-football-rumbles-p.jpg

@Lafayette no, that's not turf. Of course it won't look that perfect next week though.

Went to Louisa years ago when my brother played for Sherando, do they still parachute people in, have the lion, cannon, etc.??? It was definitely a fun environment, preferred it over Powhatan.

Yes we are known for parachuters bringing the game ball, we've also had black hawk Helicopers bring game balls and region trophies. We have cannons, fireworks and we pray before the game and we asked the visiting team win or lose to pray with us on the 50 yard line on "The Mark L. Fischer Field" after the game as well. You will have no mud to deal with. We have blacktop all the way around our field and we do not allow our fans to visit the visiting side of the stands. I would estimate anywhere between 3000 to 5000 fans will attend this event. The theme for the game is black out. I will answer all questions here about the parking, about the field I will not discuss Louisa's team, players or past games. LOUISA does tailgate at Dinwiddle LOUISA had a Pig Roast. Our students worked very hard on this field we are very proud of "The Jungle" we invite all to come.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT