ADVERTISEMENT

Staunton 21 Stuarts Draft 14 Final nm

Thanks for posting - the hurricane down this way made it impossible to stay online longer than 5 minutes at a time - power keeps going out

Question were a lot of games moved up to Thursday night because of the weather forecast for Friday?

Question were a lot of games moved up to Thursday night because of the weather forecast for Friday?
A lot were moved to tonight. I've seen others scheduled for Saturday and Monday. I'm not sure how many, if any, are actually being played tomorrow night

Reactions: pizzzzza
This game had a clear enough video on NFHS but the scoreboard did not change all night. On occasion you could hear the announcer giving the score, which was your only way to keep up.

Anyway, the score was a bit of a surprise because I think most folks, myself included, had the Cougars pegged to be among the top two or three in the Shenandoah and Staunton more like a middle of the pack team. But neither had played a district game prior to tonight, so this result sort of flips the script.

Therefore Staunton can now be regarded as a contender, whereas SD will now face a red hot Buffalo Gap team next weekend (Oct. 4) and a second district loss could knock the Cougars out of the title picture early.

Speaking of Buffalo Gap, to the best of my knowledge their home game against Waynesboro is still on the schedule for Friday night, as is Riverheads' Homecoming game against Wilson. I suppose it is possible that Friday's weather could still impact one or both of those.

The Bison should not have any trouble with Waynesboro, but Wilson will have a golden opportunity to not only spoil Homecoming for the Big Red, but a second district loss for RHS would effectively knock them out of the race.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT