ADVERTISEMENT

Strasburg beats Maggie Walker

Dec 20, 2012
Final was 8-4 . Rams trailed 3-0 early in the first and tied it up . Maggie took a 4-3 lead in to the fifth and the Rams tied up again Ryan smoot closed it out on the hill after strasburg put 4 on the board in the 7th.

Yes they have. Whatever works. Just got home from the game. It was a good game both teams stranded a bunch of runners on base. Maggie had the bases loaded twice in the third and sixth with no outs and could not get a run across. Pitching wise for Strasburg this was the worst outing for Mark Smoot all year as far as locating pitches and control went. We hit the heck out of the ball all game long but right at people till the 7th

Good job, Rams! Of course, they'll have to watch out for that other team that has developed some post season magic (remember, Madison was a No. 7 seed, out of seven teams, in the conference tournament) and beat them on their own field tomorrow night. I have faith Strasburg can make it 3-for-3 against the Mounties, though.

I think it's great that up my way we have three teams moving on to the state Final Four: Millbrook and Sherando in 4A and Strasburg in 2A.

Good luck to the Rams, Warriors, and Pioneers next weekend! Two could possibly win the last game!

21 base it will be 4-4 if the Rams win. Then possibly 5th matchup in the state title game. Just like the Warriors and Millbrook could meet again in the state title game after the region title game.

You're right, mg66. I forgot to count the conference championship win. So, yes, a win in Madison tomorrow makes it 4-for-4.

Good luck next week at the furnace that is Radford Field!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT