ADVERTISEMENT

Stuart's Draft vs Riverheads

oldfool2

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 17, 2019
Will the Riverheads keep their win streak alive? Looking at week 11 picks not many folks are favoring Stuarts Draft. Hard to beat a team twice supposedly.

In my opinion Draft had a great chance to get them in the previous meeting with Riverheads coming off the Lord Botetourt game. I don't look for this one to be as close but, that is why they play the games.

Second time playing a team is definitely challenging. I seem to remember around 10 years ago that the Gladiators had beaten Draft pretty handily in the regular season then had to hang on to win a one score game in the playoffs. Can’t remember the year but the Cougars are generally always prepared so look for a tighter game.

Second time playing a team is definitely challenging. I seem to remember around 10 years ago that the Gladiators had beaten Draft pretty handily in the regular season then had to hang on to win a one score game in the playoffs. Can’t remember the year but the Cougars are generally always prepared so look for a tighter game.
I remember that well because my son was on the team, we beat them badly in the regular season, Jordan Jack ran wild in a 56-21 thrashing, then we won 21-14, they were actually driving for the tying score and we intercepted the ball in the endzone to preserve the victory. That was back during the 4 years we were in 2A. I also remember Sonewall Jackson spanking us pretty good in the regular season and then us beating them something like 10-7. Anything can happen when you play a team the 2nd go round.

I just went back and looked on Four seasons, love that site, it was 2005, SJ beat us 44-14 in the regular season and we beat them 31-8 in the playoffs. Talk about a turn around. Thats also the year we got totally beat down by William Cambell, 63-7 and it really wasnt that close. That was a long ride home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT