ADVERTISEMENT

Surprise, surprise, rain again this Friday.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
As if 1"- 3" of rain predicted for Monday night and Tuesday isn't enough, now the predictiction is for a chance of rain Thursday night and Friday.

I've got an idea. Why don't we all just convert our football teams to water polo squads?

Geez Mother Nature, can't you give us a break?

Pray for a change in the forecast. The Accuweather forecast here is showers by day and just cloudy at night. But who knows, the forecasts change hourly.

As if 1"- 3" of rain predicted for Monday night and Tuesday isn't enough, now the predictiction is for a chance of rain Thursday night and Friday.

I've got an idea. Why don't we all just convert our football teams to water polo squads?

I'm sick of Mother Nature. It has plagued the entire football season and it is hurting the gates of schools. Henrico/Varina rarely had the crowd you typically would for a matchup of these two, especially a playoff game.

I'm sick of Mother Nature. It has plagued the entire football season and it is hurting the gates of schools. Henrico/Varina rarely had the crowd you typically would for a matchup of these two, especially a playoff game.
Last nights Lafayette game was very empty. Only a few hundred, if that,

What is the over under on 300 total penalty yards between both teams? we had one 64 yrd penalty last night... spot foul plus a sideline interference call!!

Ok @CRF4Dan looking forward to it.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
What is the over under on 300 total penalty yards between both teams? we had one 64 yrd penalty last night... spot foul plus a sideline interference call!!

Ok @CRF4Dan looking forward to it.
I may be wrong but I believe I heard the Monacan coach saying they may move the game to turf field today at the Dinwiddie game Not 100% sure but I thought that’s what I heard.

I may be wrong but I believe I heard the Monacan coach saying they may move the game to turf field today at the Dinwiddie game Not 100% sure but I thought that’s what I heard.

I have heard that too... our field is basically unplayable. We probably should not have played there last night.

If there were 1000 tickets sold at our game today, I will be shocked.

Regions and VHSL get the gate minus expenses for the first three playoff games, so the sting is not as bad as it could be. But still, they count on the money, too.

Went to the Kettle Run vs Millbrook game last night and there may have been 500 people total (both sodes combined) and that included a large student group from KR. The rain stopped about 20-30 minutes before kickoff and the field conditions were not good. This was in stark contrast to the week before when KR played James Wood. There were 2-3 times the people for a game in which they dominated and KR really had no significant risk of losing.

@1Gensfan be careful with @mbonape1 he is a sly one. Lol, not really my man knows football and is a straight up nice guy. He would steal a play book if given the chance. Loves his Chiefs. He is kind of like me though. Super social before a game, super focussed during and his demeanor after is determined by how his team plays.

Gonna be a slugfest. If both teams dont cut down on penalties this game could take 3 hours. Pope would have had 250 yards in rushing if it were not for penalties. We actually gave Courtland 3 first downs (45 yards) to extend drives resulting in their third score. I think they had 29 yards rushing on the drive. Just undisciplined football.

Last edited:
The forecast has improved for Friday. A darn ton of rain Monday and Tuesday, and more on Thursday and Thursday night. But Friday and Friday night should be clear. If you are playing on a used up grass field, you are in for a challenge. If you will be on turf, it's business as usual.

Is the field at the Jungle still tight and firm?

Mbonape1, and others, we need to find a good place to get together before the game. Gensfan1, you need to plan your day so you and can finish up early and join us.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
And now, if this week's crappy weather isn't bad enough, it could get worse. A topical disturbance in the Atlantic has a 70% chance of becoming a named storm within 5 days, (Patty). The good news is, it appears that it will curve north, then east, and stay well out to sea. With our luck, we will get a damn snowstorm instead!

I'm particularly mad because I've been wanting to see the Louisa vs Eastern View debate solved for a long time and now if it rains the losing team will have an excuse lol

Reactions: mbonape1
I think every HS should build a dome stadium.
Get your old agency to build one in each region. I know they make plenty of money. Especially this time of year. You can get brands to sponsor the domes: Jim Beam Stadium Region B, Makers Mark Super Dome Region A, Southern Comfort Stadium Region C, and Climax Moonshine Dome Region D.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Get your old agency to build one in each region. I know they make plenty of money. Especially this time of year. You can get brands to sponsor the domes: Jim Beam Stadium Region B, Makers Mark Super Dome Region A, Southern Comfort Stadium Region C, and Climax Moonshine Dome Region D.
Excellent idea!! My old ABC makes several hundred million $ in profits each year. Let’s funnel some of that back to local sports. And you can bet Jim Beam, and others would love the promo!

Excellent idea!! My old ABC makes several hundred million $ in profits each year. Let’s funnel some of that back to local sports. And you can bet Jim Beam, and others would love the promo!
Knew you would find the idea a sound plan. Now get to work convincing your old bosses to pull the trigger. I will surely write a letter of support and contact my state government representative. I was thinking in the old days we could have gotten Wild Irish Rose to sponsor a dome for the Central District. The plant used to be in Petersburg.

actually DP, the rain has already started up here tonight.
I had to go to a meeting and could barely see the road

Reactions: BleedingNavy
actually DP, the rain has already started up here tonight.
I had to go to a meeting and could barely see the road
Same down south of Petersburg. Started raining around 1:00 and hasnt stopped yet. My driveway looks like a creek. Fields are going to be a disaster with more rain coming on Thursday and Friday.

They're calling for snowy mix up here on Thursday night. Might just have to do some ice fishing on the football field!

Knew you would find the idea a sound plan. Now get to work convincing your old bosses to pull the trigger. I will surely write a letter of support and contact my state government representative. I was thinking in the old days we could have gotten Wild Irish Rose to sponsor a dome for the Central District. The plant used to be in Petersburg.
Good Lord, why not have the folks at Phillip-Morris pitch in as well??!!!:D:rolleyes::eek:

They are too busy paying off federal lawsuits for people who allegedly did not know smoking was addicting or dangerous. What's next? Liquor companies get hammered, because people get intoxicated and liver disease by consuming alcohol. Duh... why did I let you take me there knucklehead (@ClarkeFan83).

Last edited:
Snow, ice, rain, all right before the game on Friday... field may be a mess but at least they aren’t calling for snow or rain on Friday night
Give em a day BigB, I'm sure they can conjure up some winter weather for KO time on Friday night.

Let's see, we have had rain, rain, and more rain, hurricanes, high winds, floods, blocked roads, power outages, tornados, tidal flooding, school canceled because the schools were needed for shelters..., and whatever else I'm forgetting! Snow and ice seems a little tame. Let's go for something new. How about an impending collision with an asteroid?

Reactions: BigBWincCity
They are too busy paying off federal lawsuits for people who allegedly did not know smoking was addicting or dangerous. What's next? Liquor companies get hammered, because people get intoxicated and liver disease by consuming alcohol. Duh... why did I let you take me there knucklehead (@ClarkeFan83).
I'm suing Hostess, damn it. They didn't put a warning on their Twinkies that said I may get fat!

I don't want an asteroid, but I can't wait for Morgan Freeman to be President. Can we make that happen? I'm just kidding don't turn this into a political discussion.

Reactions: CavsGrad
@DP, while you all were practicing all week in 2013 , our kids were out of school for several days , and then had one day of practice on the Thursday before . I think Sherando learned from that , and will be better prepared this year. Hope we see Dinwiddie in the championship , IF we can make it that far.

Give em a day BigB, I'm sure they can conjure up some winter weather for KO time on Friday night.

Let's see, we have had rain, rain, and more rain, hurricanes, high winds, floods, blocked roads, power outages, tornados, tidal flooding, school canceled because the schools were needed for shelters..., and whatever else I'm forgetting! Snow and ice seems a little tame. Let's go for something new. How about an impending collision with an asteroid?
Hahahaha honestly wouldn’t be surprised with way things have been this year

@DP, while you all were practicing all week in 2013 , our kids were out of school for several days , and then had one day of practice on the Thursday before . I think Sherando learned from that , and will be better prepared this year. Hope we see Dinwiddie in the championship , IF we can make it that far.
We only practiced twice as well as we were out of school one day due to the weather. Had to drive over an hour to find a turf field (RMC and City Stadium). Same thing this week. Our AD was looking for a turf field, so the kids could get used to it and have a place to practice. It finally stopped raining at 6:30 tonight. If you dont have a tarp covering your field or turf its going to be virtually unplayable. Could be some crazy upsets. Mother nature is a great equalizer. Truth is @Smallfry2015 with the weather in 2013, Sherando should have stuck to the ground and pound game. Sherando was playing well until they got too cute with the back pass. Two good teams though. Would be nice to meet again just dont think we can get it done. We shall see.

Couldn’t agree more , should have stuck with the ground and pound . We have had this convo on the phone several times before . Dinwiddie was definitely the better team overall that year . I was just explaining what had happened during that week of preparation. Hope you guys make it to the final this year , and if somehow , we could make it . Maybe we can have lunch again , on me .

I cant imagine anyone playing on a grass field on Friday or Saturday. I know its "football" and weather shouldn't matter, but it does. My statements are simply about economics. I am glad we are playing away this weekend. We spend about $50,000 a year on field maintenance (seeding, cutting, and painting....) and I believe if we were forced to play at home our field would be damaged beyond repair. Heck, it took one heck of a beating last weekend. Mother nature is kicking football's butt right now. Hope everybody gets through this weekend safely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT