ADVERTISEMENT

Taunting ( Would you have called this)

Oct 9, 2015
In the Strasburg vs Central game last night. A Central defender made a good play on the sideline jarring the ball loose forcing a incompletion. After the play he stood over the Strasburg player pointing at the player and yelling a few choice words at the player. Just want to know if that is considered taunting.

In the Strasburg vs Central game last night. A Central defender made a good play on the sideline jarring the ball loose forcing a incompletion. After the play he stood over the Strasburg player pointing at the player and yelling a few choice words at the player. Just want to know if that is considered taunting.
Standing over a player in itself warrants a UC in my opinion. Combined with pointing and yelling at the player, seems like an easy call. I'm assuming you're asking this, from the way you phrased it, because the crew didn't call it. The line is drawn in different places for different officials. But when looking at the rule on UCs (9-5-1) standing over a player has intent to be demeaning toward another player, it's an act that attracts attention to oneself, and if his choice words were profane that's covered as well. That's my rationale for why I throw a UC for standing over a player.

Reactions: FBRef
Yes it was not called. The crew last night just seemed overwhelmed in this rivarly game for both sides. They missed blatant facemasks a couple times and a couple pass interfence calls each way that were obvious.

No not actually they missed quite a few that should have been called on us in my eyes. None had a effect on the outcome. Just some obivous calls from my perspective. On the taunting that was not called they let that go on all 48 minutes from both sides. I just always thought that was a point of emphasis in hs ball

On the flip side of that was the crew that worked the Petersburg at Dinwiddie game last night. Very professional. Always in control. Just the right amount of involment when needed to make sure the players didn't get too chippy. Let a few "less than blatant" holds go un-flagged, which was wise. Just needed to get it over with. Called the game to perfection. Running clock at the half. 49-0 final.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT