ADVERTISEMENT

Team Challenge at Heritage

Mic Honcho

VaPreps Varsity
Apr 30, 2019
This Thursday in Lynchburg Heritage host a Team Challenge
Heritage Rocktown Glass GW Danville Spotswood JF Rustburg Allegany Fleming Liberty
Albermarle Altavista

7 on 7 and Linemen Challenge

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I thought it was huge success !!! Found out some things !! Still lots of work to do !!! Found out Bob Christmas joined the coaching staff one heck of All-Star coaching staff we have between Lunenburg coach Woody and Bob Christmas !! John poindexter !!!
Wow, if that many superstar coaches can play together nicely, you might be looking at a hell of a team!

It ain’t about the X’s and O’s The jimmy’s and joes have to go out there and perform and the talent cycle hasn’t been flush off of Laxton and Timberlake the last couple of years.

It ain’t about the X’s and O’s The jimmy’s and joes have to go out there and perform and the talent cycle hasn’t been flush off of Laxton and Timberlake the last couple of years.
Not so much a lack of talent as trying to complete in the Seminole with a bunch of 10th graders last year as well as a coach who knew he was on his way out. Bees will be much improved this season.

Not so much a lack of talent as trying to complete in the Seminole with a bunch of 10th graders last year as well as a coach who knew he was on his way out. Bees will be much improved this season.
They've got a McDaniel at QB, the Brown brothers, some good young players coming up, and a staff with tons of experience. Brookville might not have overnight success but ain't nobody in the Seminole going to be sleeping on them.

They've got a McDaniel at QB, the Brown brothers, some good young players coming up, and a staff with tons of experience. Brookville might not have overnight success but ain't nobody in the Seminole going to be sleeping on them.
I agree !!!

I wasn’t knocking the kids but when I say the talent cycle isn’t flush we aren’t seeing the run of talent like from 07-13 roaming the halls. The program isn’t in disarray and they have a quality group of coaches but as I’ve said it’s not the X’s and O’s That will garner wins it’s going to be jimmy and joe on the field executing what they’ve been drilled on and taught. The Seminole isn’t an easy district by any means but the Bees have to return to old form to be a top dog. LCA isn’t slowing down their pipeline , heritage and glass have the talent roaming the halls naturally just have to execute the game plans and be disciplined, the county schools are up and down depending on their talent cycles. I look forward to see what the all star coaching staff can do with what they have , we all will be tuned in. I don’t expect overnight success but by year 3/4 expect them to rise and be formidable at the top hopefully.

Reactions: R-T-D-B
I wasn’t knocking the kids but when I say the talent cycle isn’t flush we aren’t seeing the run of talent like from 07-13 roaming the halls. The program isn’t in disarray and they have a quality group of coaches but as I’ve said it’s not the X’s and O’s That will garner wins it’s going to be jimmy and joe on the field executing what they’ve been drilled on and taught. The Seminole isn’t an easy district by any means but the Bees have to return to old form to be a top dog. LCA isn’t slowing down their pipeline , heritage and glass have the talent roaming the halls naturally just have to execute the game plans and be disciplined, the county schools are up and down depending on their talent cycles. I look forward to see what the all star coaching staff can do with what they have , we all will be tuned in. I don’t expect overnight success but by year 3/4 expect them to rise and be formidable at the top hopefully.
LCA will not slow down because they get who they want

Reactions: Lakelife
LCA will not slow down because they get who they want

It’s a lot of schools who can get who or what they want it’s a product of being a winning program. Transfers happen daily and most of them are sports related for athletes who don’t move districts or major localities bc of a parents job. LCA is beatable but while they have potentially the best player in VA / class 3 they’re going to dominate the local area.

It’s a lot of schools who can get who or what they want it’s a product of being a winning program. Transfers happen daily and most of them are sports related for athletes who don’t move districts or major localities bc of a parents job. LCA is beatable but while they have potentially the best player in VA / class 3 they’re going to dominate the local area.
Not like LCA, sorry

As long as LCA stays healthy I really don't see anyone in all of C3 that's beating them. I mean they return just about everyone including one Gideon Davidson. Injuries can change everything though.

As long as LCA stays healthy I really don't see anyone in all of C3 that's beating them. I mean they return just about everyone including one Gideon Davidson. Injuries can change everything though.
They should when they can get the best

Not like LCA, sorry

What does LCA have to offer that others in the state can’t?

I’ve seen an article recently accusing a coach of creating an entire roster for a team full of illegal transfers and etc but according to you LCA does it even more / worse than this. Well damn what goes on on liberty mountain then and when did Lynchburg become the most desirable location for sports in VA?

Agreed that with their roster as it’s currently comprised they should have a great opportunity to go back to back but they’ve also only won a single (football) championship since they’ve been in VHSL so there’s some room for some class 3 teams to close the gap / transcend the optics of LCA being unbeatable. Injuries definitely can paint different narratives but giving everything equal I think there’s some teams who will compete with the bulldogs in the state many of them might not be local though. If people in the area continue with @wikki type mindset of LCA being king and can’t be dethroned then yes LCA is going to dominate Lynchburg area for years to come and won’t have a hard time doing it.

I think LCA offers a lot. They offer a first class learning environment, they have nice facilities, they are well coached. A lot of their kids go on to play at higher levels. Also, Lynchburg is not an armpit. The mountains of Virginia are beautiful.

I think most people who have a problem with LCA have one because they can get away with some things that a public school cannot get away with. Namely, legally getting players outside of their school district because as a private school they don’t have one.

I’m sure this has been discussed and brought to the attention of the VHSL many times as it has in other states. I hate this saying but I’m gonna say it anyway. “It is what it is.” I think a lot of teams in the Seminole accepted it a long time ago and a few have risen to the challenge.

Reactions: rainman17
I think LCA offers a lot. They offer a first class learning environment, they have nice facilities, they are well coached. A lot of their kids go on to play at higher levels. Also, Lynchburg is not an armpit. The mountains of Virginia are beautiful.

I think most people who have a problem with LCA have one because they can get away with some things that a public school cannot get away with. Namely, legally getting players outside of their school district because as a private school they don’t have one.

I’m sure this has been discussed and brought to the attention of the VHSL many times as it has in other states. I hate this saying but I’m gonna say it anyway. “It is what it is.” I think a lot of teams in the Seminole accepted it a long time ago and a few have risen to the challenge.

They actually do have a school zone they have to pull from in regards to an enrollment number capacity : (heritage and glass) with a multiplier but the kids from anywhere coming there can happen as long as they pay to attend school if I’m not mistaken. It’s a large gray area in the “transfer” category in the VHSL rules operation and enforcement.

Reactions: shtndark
Out of state

an asinine claim — there’s players on a lot of rosters from various states that find their way to a winning program / greener pastures. Read the article about Hayfield (it’s allegedly a lot worse) coach and team but to say LCA roster is littered with kids from across the country lined up to play some good old central Va football is outlandish. They might have a few kids move in because let’s be honest if your parent identifies with the ultra conservative mindset and viewpoints LU puts out nationally (endorsing candidates, policies, influencing votes) why wouldn’t you want your child being brought up in an environment that echoes what you want taught? But to say they can get a transfer when someone moves into Lynchburg area but others don’t have the same opportunity isn’t rational. There’s a lot that goes into deciding when moving which school fits your child’s needs.

an asinine claim — there’s players on a lot of rosters from various states that find their way to a winning program / greener pastures. Read the article about Hayfield (it’s allegedly a lot worse) coach and team but to say LCA roster is littered with kids from across the country lined up to play some good old central Va football is outlandish. They might have a few kids move in because let’s be honest if your parent identifies with the ultra conservative mindset and viewpoints LU puts out nationally (endorsing candidates, policies, influencing votes) why wouldn’t you want your child being brought up in an environment that echoes what you want taught? But to say they can get a transfer when someone moves into Lynchburg area but others don’t have the same opportunity isn’t rational. There’s a lot that goes into deciding when moving which school fits your child’s needs.
It was a question?

LCA gets two to three transfers in and they plug and play. Nothing really that spectacular outside of a few players. LCA’s coaching philosophy has always been superb and they do a lot with a little bit. They get flack for transfers but the Richmond and Tidewater area are littered with portal teams. LCA gets so little in, I don’t even see it as a big deal if we’re being real.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT