ADVERTISEMENT

tentative D Pairings

VHSL-helper

VaPreps All Region
Oct 23, 2004
#6 William Byrd (9-1) or Char'ville (7-3) @ #3 Salem (8-2)
#7 Amherst Co. (6-4) @ #2 GW-Danville (9-1)

#5 WB/Cv @ #4 E.C. Glass (7-3)
#8 Jeff. Forest (5-5) @ #1 Blacksburg (9-1)

If I had to call a potential upset alert I would say whoever gets Glass. They look one dimensional tonight. 4 turnovers and little impact from Kendrick who did not get many touches. Their D is solid but not big.
Let the playoffs begin. The quest to Williamsburg is on!

Reactions: wikki
GW gets what we asked for...Amherst! Gonna be a very very good game. GW no doubt has the hardest route to the Region D championship GAAAAAH LEEEEE! Amherst, possible Salem matchup and then a trip up Floyd Mountain to Blacksburg! Ouch! It’s going to be really really fun.
Well DSH this is what we asked for so its time to get ready to rumble!! I mean rumble too! Amherst is tough.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
If I had to call a potential upset alert I would say whoever gets Glass. They look one dimensional tonight. 4 turnovers and little impact from Kendrick who did not get many touches. Their D is solid but not big.
Let the playoffs begin. The quest to Williamsburg is on!

If receivers would’ve caught the ball, the run would’ve opened up. I’ll give one of those receivers a break. Glass is a pass first team. If they can get it together this week, they’ll be fine. MacCallum played his best game at quarterback last night. The offensive line did a great job protecting him.

If Glass plays Byrd, I can’t wait to see the matchup vs. Basham.

Hopefully our fellow Danvillian @cutnjump is on the Eagle Train! It’s coming hard and fast!
I am always on the train just sometimes skeptical about its ability to leave the station. Home field advantage is always a big plus. The upcoming games should go a long way to determining which Bird, Turkey or crow, will grace my Thanksgiving table in regards to my pretender vs. contender comments earlier in the season. Offense is great and you have to score to win but, if the other team never scores you will do no worse than tie. Defense is what travels come playoff time and hopefully the Eagles will prove my previous less than glowing assessment of their defensive capabilities to have missed the mark. I will say getting some people back from injury coupled with inserting Watlington has provided a big boost. Good luck to all the playoff teams for an injury free run so the games can be decided on the field as opposed to in the training room.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT