ADVERTISEMENT

Terrific game at Monacan tonight.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
I really enjoyed the company of my good buddies Bleeding Navy, mbonape1, DSH and his dad, Hoos, and a lot of fun Manchester fans in our area.

Man, did we get to see a game? The final, go ahead score, occurred with 33 seconds on the clock. And even then, Manchester came down the field and were within striking distance as time expired.

Ok, you math wizards need to get busy on calculating the power points for the different regions. I know there are a few games today, but asap would be greatly appreciated.

Monacan has almost got to have the most points in 4a now? A win over an undefeated 6a team is like hitting the lottery for them.

Ok, you math wizards need to get busy on calculating the power points for the different regions. I know there are a few games today, but asap would be greatly appreciated.

Monacan has almost got to have the most points in 4a now? A win over an undefeated 6a team is like hitting the lottery for them.
Power points after 3 games? Way early.

Maybe its too early in your region, but in region b we could very well have 3 to 4 undefeated teams. With district play starting its going to be close. My guess is PH or Monacan are the leaders right now.

We know PH won't go undefeated but if they beat Henrico next week they probably finish 7-3. With losses to potential LD, HSHS, and Varina. When do they get their QB back? What if they can get healthy and upset LD? Even with 2 losses they have to have accumulated a lot of points. I think Henrico is BEtter but I may just pick PH's magic carpet ride to continue.

Can Hugenot hang around with Bird next week? Is Hugenot going to sneak in the 4a dance? I think they hang with Bird for a half. I think they make the 4A dance.

The battlefield district is waaaaaay down. Marginal to bad teams from Richmond districts are slaughtering these teams. For example JR Tucker clobbered Caroline. I could go on and on. My question is will EV be battle tested? It be bad to draw PH Ashland in the first round. After 10 games will they have a signature win? Or even have beaten a solid team? That doesn't mean they are not a good team... but they had better be prepared to step up for playoff football.

I have no doubt EV will go undefeated, we will know if Dinwiddie will finish 10-0 in 2 weeks after TD. Monacan probably has a 60% chance to finish 10-0. Louisa should be 10-0 unless C'ville can stop them but I doubt it. Like Navy said there is a real possibility of 4 undefeateds in our region. And 1 or 2 tough outs outside of that.

First, let me say I enjoyed the fellowship with the VAPreps guys. I was glad we could come together and support mbonape1's team upset a very good Class 6 team.

Now on to Monacan. I have been saying all year I believed Monacan was one of the top teams in class 4 and they did not disappoint.

The Monacan coaching staff finally let Fludd loose and he had a great game. The Chiefs only threw one deep ball and executed their spread offense perfectly.

I did think they took some unecessary risk in the second half. The Chiefs ran the ball inside and out shortening the game; however, in the 2nd half they got away from the running game and Manchester made their comeback. Fortunately, the coaching staff went back to qb draws, sweeps and dives to complete the winning drive.

I was very impressed with the Chiefs defensive backs and the pressure the front 7 put on Clark (Manchester qb). The weaknesses I saw were the safeties pinching over (cover two) leaving the center of the field wide open and having difficulty defending the qb draw. Their mlb was injured and that could be attributed to this problem, but they will have problems with LC Bird if they dont fix it.

With the exception of one punt block (bad snap) their special teams faired very well. Their kicker recorded 5 of 7 touchbacks and made all of his PAT's. The return and coverage teams did their job.

Overall, Monacan is not only a contender for the region b title, but the state title as well. If Fludd is allowed to freelance and refrains from throwing too many deep balls they definetely have the entire package to get the job done.

Last edited:
We have done a good job stuffing the run this year but we were worried about brandon clarke throwing. We won't be worried about Bird beating us with the passing game. If they do then so be it. Well see oct 20th

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
We have done a good job stuffing the run this year but we were worried about brandon clarke throwing. We won't be worried about Bird beating us with the passing game. If they do then so be it. Well see oct 20th
Agree, but I promised honesty my friend. Hard to find a lot of weaknesses in Monacans game last night.

There we plenty of weaknesses. Still didnt play 4 quarters.. droped balls, blocked punts, silly play calling at times.

Our defensive and o lineman tristen mann was out too in addition to Stone Snyder.

We have a bad habit of not knowing what to do schematically with a lead.

But every team has brown grass.

Moving forward:
I need to see that "last nights" team show up for the rest of the year and then I will be very optimistic. If we are shaky moving forward then ill be worried. Overall I'd give our exuction a B- but our effort and "want to" was an "A" for the first time this season. All I can ask for is you give me that "A" effort and the rest I can live with, mistakes and all.

Like most teams we are still learning who we are but I think the base is there.

As for Manchester, if they are going to require Brandon Clarke to do sooo much to stay in ball games I can't see them beating Forge or OS. We'll see how TD does vs Dinwiddie before I make up my mind on Manchester vs TD.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT