ADVERTISEMENT

Thad Wells Resigns

Gridiron1960

VaPreps Varsity
Jul 23, 2019
Bluefield VA
Thad Wells resigned as head coach at Richlands to take position at UVA. He will not be coaching the Blues tomorrow in their +1 against Ridgeview. Classless move in my opinion. I feel sorry for the players.

Last edited:
Thad Wells resigned as head coach at Richlands to take position at UVA-Wise. He will not be coaching the Blues tomorrow in their +1 against Ridgeview. Classless move in my opinion. I feel sorry for the players.

I've read it's University of Virginia-Charlottesville. If Thad Wells has been offered by UVA-Charlottesville, that's one heck of an achievement and hard to knock anyone for taking a position like that.

I've read it's University of Virginia-Charlottesville. If Thad Wells has been offered by UVA-Charlottesville, that's one heck of an achievement and hard to knock anyone for taking a position like that.
Offensive analyst, I doubt he gets paid, but foot in the door in the college coaching network.

Offensive analyst, I doubt he gets paid, but foot in the door in the college coaching network.
Colleges are investing more money into analyst-type positions so I could see it being similar pay to a teaching position. Bronco Mendenhall is really committed to his guys so the position could turn into more when Anae (OC) retires or if Hagans takes a better paying offer. He was rumored to have a better paying offer a month or so ago but decided to stay at UVa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT