ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks for the fun time, Salem.

Shruikan

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 2, 2010
Don’t get me wrong, it sucks to be on the losing end of games like that. Sherando didn’t look good in any aspects today, but I had a fun time at Salem stadium regardless. Great atmosphere! Best of luck to the Spartans in the next round. Hope we can put up more of a fight next year.

If anyone here knows the band director, pass along a compliment for me. The stand band tunes sounded superb, and the band has a full, warm sound that you don’t often hear in early December games!

Edit: Also shame on you Salem fans for not informing me that kettle corn was being sold beforehand. Pretty sure the sellers made a small fortune off all the bags I bought!

What is your opinion on Salem footnall, was that your first time in the stadium ?

It was not my first time at Salem stadium, but it was my first time there to watch a football game. I had a band competition there back in high school. As you might expect, it was a much different atmosphere.

I felt like I was at a college game. Salem’s fanbase was clearly the most passionate I’ve seen in an opponent all year, and I wish it could’ve been a closer game so we could’ve shown how hard we can cheer too. Maybe next year.

I was highly impressed with Ramsey. I don’t think Sherando’s defense played well at all (in large part due to Salem’s gameplan), but I feel like even if they had played their best game he’d have still run for far more scores than any other individual we’ve played against this year.

As for everyone else, I came in thinking I’d see a big, physical team that could dominate the line of scrimmage, and I got more than I bargained for. Sherando is a young team and they’ll grow a lot before next season, and I’m hoping what they saw in Salem today gives them a goal to shoot for in the weight room. Today will have shown them the level of play needed to compete at the state level.

I have to completely agree, as a Sherando alum and a football fanatic, I absolutely loved the atmosphere and stadium! Unfortunately it appeared as though the Warriors weren’t pumped up at all like they were in weeks prior, maybe that contributed to the lopsided blowout, maybe it didn’t, but hopefully the next meeting between the two will be competitive! Salem’s fans seemed quite respectful and patient which was a breath of fresh of fresh air! The band was great, I enjoyed listening to everything they played! Major compliments to the RB and especially the Kicker nailing those FGs during halftime!! The only complaint is with the chiming bells after every touchdown. I have a brain issue so it was driving me insane hahaha. But loved the atmosphere overall!

I have to completely agree, as a Sherando alum and a football fanatic, I absolutely loved the atmosphere and stadium! Unfortunately it appeared as though the Warriors weren’t pumped up at all like they were in weeks prior, maybe that contributed to the lopsided blowout, maybe it didn’t, but hopefully the next meeting between the two will be competitive! Salem’s fans seemed quite respectful and patient which was a breath of fresh of fresh air! The band was great, I enjoyed listening to everything they played! Major compliments to the RB and especially the Kicker nailing those FGs during halftime!! The only complaint is with the chiming bells after every touchdown. I have a brain issue so it was driving me insane hahaha. But loved the atmosphere overall!
Thank you for your kind words. So happy you enjoyed your visit. Hopefully this won't be the last time our schools meet in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT