ADVERTISEMENT

The Battlefield for 11 September

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
Talk about a strange year so far in the Battlefield! The results have been up and down with some uncharacteristic play demonstrated by a team or two. So much so that it has many guessing at things that should be pretty clear. Maybe this week it will iron itself out and we’ll be able to see what we think we see. Maybe!

So, how does this week look?

Caroline vs. Dinwiddie

Keep charging and working hard Caroline! You had a tough week last week but you were able to learn a lot. Dinwiddie will be way too tough to tame this week but as long as you continue to learn it will pay off. Caroline will get an L.

Chancellor vs. Eastern View

Chancellor started the year with a boom and then stumbled last week against Massaponax. Not that I minded the loss; it was kind of expected. But, the Chargers did not perform to Charger standards. They know it too! Eastern View has two Ws to their credit but both were very predictable. I don’t think that matters much. The Cyclones always put a good team on the field. I am looking for a Charger rebound this week of a magnified order. This week they will bring back the discipline and play the way started this year. Chancellor with the W.

Courtland vs Louisa

The only thing I have to say here is this is going to be a very good game! Well, with one caveat. Courtland has to play COUGAR football. I have not seen them play but the FLS can’t be far off on the number of turnovers they have experienced in two games. So, to me it’s simple. If Courtland plays their brand of football, they get the W. If not, Louisa will! I believe the Cougars get it straight this week. Courtland with the W.

King George @ Liberty Bealton

Man, the Foxes had me smiling after week one and then last week they seemed to stumble. Not sure what the deal is. Maybe some growing pains with the new O? Not sure but Liberty has no such hold ups. Look for Liberty to put their power running game to work early and keep it there all night. King George takes an L.

James Monroe @ Mannassas Park

Well, it looks like JM is turning out to be JM. And this week Manassas Park is going to find out just what that means. No details to delve into here, the Jackets get the W.

Spotsylvania vs. Culpeper County

Way to go Spotsy!!!! You learned a little about winning tough football games last week! This week it’s the Blue Devils out of Culpeper. That’s a lot tougher nut to crack for sure! Riding high on last weeks overtime win, the Knights are primed to make put another check in the box. They can get it done too, IF they keep their heads in the game and play as a team! Fail to do that and they won’t get it done. So, the question is, “Will they?” I think so. Spotsy gets a W.

There are the thoughts for this week. I sure hope things kind of balance out and become more clear after this week! I wish all the teams, players, coaches, referees and fans the very best of luck. Fans, this is already week three! Don’t waste a Friday night sitting at home! Before you know it we’ll be looking at 2016! Get out there and cheer your favorite team on!!!

Last edited:
Hey ChancellorFan - always enjoy your posts. Here are my thoughts.

Caroline v Dinwiddie - don't need to say much here. Dinwiddie wins and it's most likely not close.

Chancellor v Eastern View (EV) - I think, from what I've read about their games this year - that EV is better than Riverbend (could be much better) but not as good as Massaponax. Sorry to respectively disagree with you; but I have to take EV in this one. Could be a very good game though.

Courtland @ Louisa - If Courtland solves their turnover problem, I think they win this one. If they have the turnovers they had in the first two games, Louisa probably wins at home. I'll take Courtland.

King George @ Liberty Bealton - If LIberty is a good as they usually are, they are the best of the 3 teams KIng George has played so far and it wouldn't even be close. Liberty in this one - maybe by several scores.

James Monroe @ Mannassas Park - James Monroe's high powered running game - over 600 yards in the first 2 games and over 300 in both games - will be the difference. If they hadn't shot themselves in the foot, the York game wouldn't have been close. I agree with you - James Monroe wins this one.

Spotsy v Culpeper - I don't know how much you can read into the Spotsy win last week. The comeback shows a grade-A resolve and never give up. That's a big positive. It was against a team that I think typically doesn't win but 1 or 2 games tops. Culpeper is a tough place to win in any sport. I have to respectively disagree again and take Culpeper.

Have a good one!

One thing.....Culpeper hasn't been a tough place to win a football game at in about 15 years

Talk about a strange year so far in the Battlefield! The results have been up and down with some uncharacteristic play demonstrated by a team or two. So much so that it has many guessing at things that should be pretty clear. Maybe this week it will iron itself out and we’ll be able to see what we think we see. Maybe!

So, how does this week look?

Caroline vs. Dinwiddie

Keep charging and working hard Caroline! You had a tough week last week but you were able to learn a lot. Dinwiddie will be way too tough to tame this week but as long as you continue to learn it will pay off. Caroline will get an L.

Chancellor vs. Eastern View

Chancellor started the year with a boom and then stumbled last week against Massaponax. Not that I minded the loss; it was kind of expected. But, the Chargers did not perform to Charger standards. They know it too! Eastern View has two Ws to their credit but both were very predictable. I don’t think that matters much. The Cyclones always put a good team on the field. I am looking for a Charger rebound this week of a magnified order. This week they will bring back the discipline and play the way started this year. Chancellor with the W.

Courtland @ Louisa

The only thing I have to say here is this is going to be a very good game! Well, with one caveat. Courtland has to play COUGAR football. I have not seen them play but the FLS can’t be far off on the number of turnovers they have experienced in two games. So, to me it’s simple. If Courtland plays their brand of football, they get the W. If not, Louisa will! I believe the Cougars get it straight this week. Courtland with the W.

King George @ Liberty Bealton

Man, the Foxes had me smiling after week one and then last week they seemed to stumble. Not sure what the deal is. Maybe some growing pains with the new O? Not sure but Liberty has no such hold ups. Look for Liberty to put their power running game to work early and keep it there all night. King George takes an L.

James Monroe @ Mannassas Park

Well, it looks like JM is turning out to be JM. And this week Manassas Park is going to find out just what that means. No details to delve into here, the Jackets get the W.

Spotsylvania vs. Culpeper County

Way to go Spotsy!!!! You learned a little about winning tough football games last week! This week it’s the Blue Devils out of Culpeper. That’s a lot tougher nut to crack for sure! Riding high on last weeks overtime win, the Knights are primed to make put another check in the box. They can get it done too, IF they keep their heads in the game and play as a team! Fail to do that and they won’t get it done. So, the question is, “Will they?” I think so. Spotsy gets a W.

There are the thoughts for this week. I sure hope things kind of balance out and become more clear after this week! I wish all the teams, players, coaches, referees and fans the very best of luck. Fans, this is already week three! Don’t waste a Friday night sitting at home! Before you know it we’ll be looking at 2016! Get out there and cheer your favorite team on!!!
Always like your stuff.

Dinwiddie/Caroline - No contest. Generals.
Chancellor/EasternView - I had hopes for Chancellor after the first game that fell flat against the Panthers. But not only have the Cyclones put up lots of points, the defense has been excellent. Grant it, it was against Orange and Spotsy, two of the poorest teams you will ever see. Nuns look good against those guys. I expect the Chargers to test them but EV gets the win.
Courtland/Louisa - You would think the Jungle is home field advantage. Never knew a team that did not look forward to and love playing there. It's actually an advantage for the opposition. That said, 11 fumbles in two games. Why will that change? And most of these fumbles are on the handoff. Untouched. Certainly it was an area of concentration this week but I doubt it will go,away completely, which favors Louisa. The saving grace is Courtland's defense, which has given up one TD in two games against quality opponents despite turning the ball over so often. If they can hold the fumbles to 3 or less, Courtland gets the win but don't count out the Lions, who have had two weeks to prepare. This could be a close one.
LB/KG - LB played quite poorly in week one. KG played poorly against Essex. Hard to judge, especially if the injuries to key Fox players remain in place. I've got LB Righting the ship in this one.
JM/Manassas Park - Tough to say here. Suddenly, the Jackets are a running team. They always have liked to run but have been unable to do so for a few years and they had Scroggins. Serbay goes with his strengths. Park has not been relevant for years but JM's defense is somewhat suspect. THey could make a game of it based on that but not likely. Jackets should win by several TD's.
Spotsy/Clupepper - Culpepper should be much better than they have played but, for some reason, can't take that next step. Spotsy got a huge boost last week with the win over the Flucco's. I think it's the Coleman effect, plus the Knights have an excellent FB which is the key to running the Wing. I think the Post Oak boys may be starting to believe and win two games in a row for the first time in over a decade.

Last edited:
Oooooh. My bad. Just assumed ChancellorFan was correct. I know the boys will be disappointed this won't be at Louisa. It's everyone's favorite place to play. I think they'd give up home field to play there, if given the choice.

Yep …. Louisa is at Courtland. Fixed.
Oooooh. My bad. Just assumed ChancellorFan was correct. I know the boys will be disappointed this won't be at Louisa. It's everyone's favorite place to play. I think they'd give up home field to play there, if given the choice.
Yep, I had an oops! Sorry. Doesn't change my thoughts a bit. I like the Louisa field too. The only time I've been there though is to watch Courtland and Louisa play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT