ADVERTISEMENT

The Battlefield for 18 September

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
What a week in the Battlefield! I went 5 for 6 with the one I missed being pretty close. Do I think we are closer to knowing who the front-runners are? Well, maybe. As we all know, this is just week four with no District games played so every team is still ironing out wrinkles. Looks like some of them are getting real close to having all that done.

Lets set up this week. Everyone in the Battlefield travels except for King George.

Caroline @ Thomas Jefferson (Ric)

Caroline is deep in a rebuild cycle with another new coach. Something is different down there though! Every time I look at the Cavs, I don’t see a talent problem; I see a flux problem. Have to add depth to that too. One causes the other as far as I am concerned. But this week, I think the Cavs are going to put on a show. They absolutely can! TJ will give them fits, but Caroline gets a W.

Chancellor @ Liberty Bealton

This past week Eastern View got a healthy dose of the Charger O and struggled trying to keep all the threats in check. The Chargers simply used more of the tools in its box and took care of business. Liberty beat King George and I am still not sure what that tells me. I do know Liberty is one tough customer! They love smash mouth football. The Charger D will have to tighten up to hold them in check. Liberty will have to figure out a way to keep the primary receiver and running back in check and still deal with the host of other threats the Chargers will certainly use. Some may call this a long shot, but I think this Charger squad is on a mission! Chancellor with the W.

Courtland @ Fauquier

Looks like Courtland fixed most of their fumblitis. They still had 2 and lost one though. Courtland did what Courtland does when they need to regroup. They went back to the basics and focused on keeping it simple and as perfect as they can. We’ve seen them do it in the past so nothing new. Louisa just couldn’t keep up with the Cougars. Fauquier won’t be able to either. Short and sweet, Courtland with the W.

King George vs. Louisa

King George has me guessing right now. Coach Smith and his staff are awesome! Even installing the Wing-T this year shouldn’t slow them down much. I didn’t expect them to run over Liberty, no one does that, but I guess I expected a little better outcome. Louisa will not offer an easier time. The Lions are stinging from the loss to Courtland. This game is going to be a good old fashion knock down, drag out affair. It would definitely be my choice to see if the Chargers weren’t playing. For some reason though, I just don’t think the Foxes are ready. King George takes an L.

James Monroe @ Petersburg

Can you say wow! JM pitched a tent in the end zone and stayed there against Manassas Park. I expected a win but a complete blow out? I didn’t see that. Petersburg is going to give the Jackets a harder time. It won’t be a blow out but the Jackets will get the W.

Spotsylvania @ Orange

The Knights are looking up! They had Culpeper down most of the night and lost it by a single score. I think the Post Oak Boys are banging on the door! They have Orange this week and the Hornets are struggling. This could turn out to be a barnburner as well. I want to stand up and shout that the Knights will get it done but I’m just not sure. So, the Knights have an opportunity to make me eat my words. Spotsy gets a L.

Week four is set. Good luck to the players, coaches and fans! Don’t find yourself sitting home on Friday night! You don’t want to miss a single minute. 2015 is shaping up to be a great year in the Battlefield!!!!

Lets go Battlefield District!!!!!!

What a week in the Battlefield! I went 5 for 6 with the one I missed being pretty close. Do I think we are closer to knowing who the front-runners are? Well, maybe. As we all know, this is just week four with no District games played so every team is still ironing out wrinkles. Looks like some of them are getting real close to having all that done.

Lets set up this week. Everyone in the Battlefield travels except for King George.

Caroline @ Thomas Jefferson (Ric)

Caroline is deep in a rebuild cycle with another new coach. Something is different down there though! Every time I look at the Cavs, I don’t see a talent problem; I see a flux problem. Have to add depth to that too. One causes the other as far as I am concerned. But this week, I think the Cavs are going to put on a show. They absolutely can! TJ will give them fits, but Caroline gets a W.

Chancellor @ Liberty Bealton

This past week Eastern View got a healthy dose of the Charger O and struggled trying to keep all the threats in check. The Chargers simply used more of the tools in its box and took care of business. Liberty beat King George and I am still not sure what that tells me. I do know Liberty is one tough customer! They love smash mouth football. The Charger D will have to tighten up to hold them in check. Liberty will have to figure out a way to keep the primary receiver and running back in check and still deal with the host of other threats the Chargers will certainly use. Some may call this a long shot, but I think this Charger squad is on a mission! Chancellor with the W.

Courtland @ Fauquier

Looks like Courtland fixed most of their fumblitis. They still had 2 and lost one though. Courtland did what Courtland does when they need to regroup. They went back to the basics and focused on keeping it simple and as perfect as they can. We’ve seen them do it in the past so nothing new. Louisa just couldn’t keep up with the Cougars. Fauquier won’t be able to either. Short and sweet, Courtland with the W.

King George vs. Louisa

King George has me guessing right now. Coach Smith and his staff are awesome! Even installing the Wing-T this year shouldn’t slow them down much. I didn’t expect them to run over Liberty, no one does that, but I guess I expected a little better outcome. Louisa will not offer an easier time. The Lions are stinging from the loss to Courtland. This game is going to be a good old fashion knock down, drag out affair. It would definitely be my choice to see if the Chargers weren’t playing. For some reason though, I just don’t think the Foxes are ready. King George takes an L.

James Monroe @ Petersburg

Can you say wow! JM pitched a tent in the end zone and stayed there against Manassas Park. I expected a win but a complete blow out? I didn’t see that. Petersburg is going to give the Jackets a harder time. It won’t be a blow out but the Jackets will get the W.

Spotsylvania @ Orange

The Knights are looking up! They had Culpeper down most of the night and lost it by a single score. I think the Post Oak Boys are banging on the door! They have Orange this week and the Hornets are struggling. This could turn out to be a barnburner as well. I want to stand up and shout that the Knights will get it done but I’m just not sure. So, the Knights have an opportunity to make me eat my words. Spotsy gets a L.

Week four is set. Good luck to the players, coaches and fans! Don’t find yourself sitting home on Friday night! You don’t want to miss a single minute. 2015 is shaping up to be a great year in the Battlefield!!!!

Lets go Battlefield District!!!!!!

Caroline has shown some talent and TJ is pretty bad. A Toilet Bowl game. Caroline pulls out a win and maybe the only one they get this season.

Chancellor really showed off against a good team that scores a lot of points. Chancellor is feeling it now. Brown is getting lots of confidence, especially with his big receiver that can really go up and get the ball. Add his legs and the RB's and the Chargers can score. Of the, the Charger D is always the Charger D. They're coming after you and will hit you hard all night long. This will be a close one because Liberty is always tough but last weeks game could have been very different if KG had scored two TD's from the ten instead of having to settle for FG's. I'll go Chargers because the Foxes moved the ball very well against Liberty and the Chancellor offense is much more formidable than that.

Courtland did better last Friday but still not up to snuff yet. Their depth still frightens me. But they should be starting to get it together. Faquier should be a nice opportunity to continue to iron things out a little more but they need to be cautious. The Falcons are 2 -1. Grant it those wins were over two winless teams but they shouldn't go in thinking this will be an easy one. Cougars start slow but get the win.

KG has been up and down. One week good. The next, not so much. Louisa has defensive issues and is improving each week but most need to remember that they played two of the most powerful teams in 4A. The defense is not that bad and their offense moved the ball well against Courtland. On the other hand, the Foxes moved the ball well against Liberty. The problem with both these teams have been finishing. Very equally matched squads. Some real strengths and some weaknesses. This will be a close game but I give the Foxes home field advantage and they pull it out.

JM - No contest.

Spotsy is vastly improved and Orange still struggles. I think Spotsy gets the win.

Last edited:
Caroline has shown some talent and TJ is pretty bad. A Toilet Bowl game. Caroline pulls out a win.

Chancellor really showed off against a good team that scores a lot of points. Chancellor is feeling it now. This will be a close one because Liberty is always tough but I'll go Chargers.

Courtland did better last Friday but still not up to snuff yet. Their depth still frightens me. But they should be starting to get it together. Faquier should be a nice opportunity to continue to iron things out. Cougars win.

KG has been up and down. Louisa has defensive issues but is still improving each week. This will be a close game but the Foxes pull it out.

JM - No contest.

Spotsy is vastly improved and Orange still struggles. I think Spotsy gets the win.
I want to see Spotsy win this one! No doubt they can .... they just have to get it done!

I want to see Spotsy win this one! No doubt they can .... they just have to get it done!
King George \ Liberty Game -
Liberty played a solid game but KG helped them. With 4 starters out to start the game Liberty was leading 19 to 13 with 4:29 left in the second quarter. After a terrible pass interference call and a botched punt which put Liberty inside KG's 10 yard line each time. Liberty lead 33 to 13 at half time. Liberty's only score in the second half was on a defensive turnover advanced for a touchdown. KG got back inside the Liberty 10 yard line and fumbled a 2nd time. Coach Smith and the KG staff are right at the edge of turning these into wins. KG has a good pool of talent.

I have to give Chancellor the W against Liberty after seeing both teams play.

Caroline @ Thomas Jefferson (Ric) - I'm going to say TJ here. Don't know why; but until they win, I can;t pick Caroline over a Richmond team.

Chancellor @ Liberty Bealton - Chancellor is on a roll. I'll take the Chargers.

Courtland @ Fauquier - Courtland in a romp.

King George vs. Louisa - This is a tough one. I'll go with KG at home.

James Monroe @ Petersburg - Got to go with the Jackets. Won't win this one by 71 points like last week. Petersburg beat Kettle Run last week so they can't be a slouch. JM is very good though.

Spotsylvania @ Orange - I'll go with Orange at home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT