ADVERTISEMENT

The Battlefield for 22 September

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
Week five is here and for the Battlefield, that means the first week of District play. This week we start sorting out the pecking order. It also means we are half way through the 2017 regular season. Wow, time sure does fly.

Let’s set the week up.

Caroline @ King George

Caroline is 2-2 and it’s the best start they have had in a long, long time. Always knew there was talent in Caroline County. King George hasn’t had such a good start. They are 0-4. Pretty uncharacteristic but they have had a very tough schedule. I know Coach Smith has the Foxes working hard. Looking at this match up makes me want to say King George is going to right the ship. But the Cavaliers are on a roll and have a mission in mind. I don’t think this is going out on a limb, I see Caroline at 3-2 when the final whistle blows. Caroline with the W. This could be the game of the week in the Battlefield.

Chancellor vs James Monroe

Both of these teams have had a tough start to their year. The young Chargers started with a tough schedule and the last two weeks they have shot themselves in the foot with turnovers. Hard to make a game out of it when you have 5 and 7 turnovers respectfully. They are working on that! JM is always tough. They’ve been a little slow this year too. But you can rest assured they want to be in the mix when the season draws to a close. Everyone will say this is staying with my namesake, but I think this is the week the Chargers learn how to win. JM will be tough but Chancellor gets the W.

Courtland @ Eastern View

Wow, Courtland is 0-3 stepping into the toughest district game they will have. Eastern View has a larger mission in mind and they won’t slip up during regular season. Second time I have seen a Cougar team 0-4. Eastern View gets the W.

Spotsylvania vs Culpeper County

Well, the Knights didn’t play as well as I thought they would against Orange this past week. Doesn’t matter much. They have one more non-district game this week and it’ll be tough. Culpeper is another school with lots of talent and working to get it sorted out on the field. I’m a little torn on this one and you know what I do when I am. Spotsylvania gets the W and goes into District play 3-1.

Good luck to the players and the coaching staffs! Your hard work and dedication is greatly appreciated. Fans … make sure you are in the stands early! Time is running out and you don’t want to miss anything!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: mbonape1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT