ADVERTISEMENT

The Battlefield for 4 September

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
The only energy I’ll expend on last week, the boards and a lack of my weekly post is this. Had I of posted, I would have been 6 for 6.

Lets talk about this week.

First, I have to add my disclaimer. For the past few years I try to do a weekly outlook/prediction for the Battlefield District teams. These predictions are based on my observations, information I obtain from different sources, a little math, a gut feeling or two, a guess here and there and sometimes a little personal bias. There is no intent to be negative to any team, player, coach or the referees in any of my post. Absolutely nothing wrong with claiming one team is better than another but it can and should be done in a respectful and positive manner. I hope I convey that with all my posts. The sole intent is to spark some chatter on the board about football, the Battlefield District and as we move toward the playoffs, how that outlook appears.

Lets talk Football!!!!!!

Caroline vs. Patrick Henry Ash

Caroline is still in a rebuilding status. Nothing to do with the talent they have and the new coaching staff appears to be getting them sorted out. They won’t have enough to get by Patrick Henry this week but be advised, the Cavaliers will shake some cages this year before its all over!

Courtland @ Riverbend

Both of these teams lost last week. Courtland lost a very close one and Riverbend lost a battle with their rival, the Chargers. Courtland is loaded. It’s that simple. Riverbend looked potent but appeared to have a lot of two-way players. That may have hurt them late in the game. Won’t matter this week though. The Cougars will bring home the W.

King George vs. Essex

Not going to say a whole lot about this one. King George brings back the Wing-T and put it to good use last week. Trust me, Coach Smith has the Foxes rocking it! They’ll do it again this week. King George gets another W.

James Monroe vs. York

Have to say I was kind of worried about JM loosing so much to graduation last year. But, from what I hear they gave Dinwiddie a football game! That was too tough of a nut to crack though. It won’t slow down the Jackets at all! They have what it takes and this week they’ll show it; they get the W!

Spotsylvania vs. Fluvanna

Spotsy is back to the Wing-T this year also. They started against a very tough Eastern View and took a big loss. Don’t fret about the Post Oak boys though. They possess some very good talent and a new coaching staff that has them pointed in the right direction. This week, they’ll put a check in the W box as well!

Did I forget one? Oh, yes!

Chancellor @ Massaponax

Did you really think I would forget my Chargers! Oh heck no! They had a good win over Riverbend last week. They still have a few things to work out and are doing that as we speak. Fact is, minus a couple goofs that game could have been a lot worse for the Bears. It is what it is. Massaponax is one very, very tough customer! Mathematically speaking, the Panthers take it to the Chargers. But, this Charger squad is not the young, inexperienced squad of the last two years. This squad needs to be seen to understand. They are bigger, stronger, faster, more mature and smarter. What a difference a year makes! So, what do I think about this Friday night? The Chargers get the W. Yep, there’s a little bias for you. But, let me wrap this up by saying the Chargers CAN! All they need to do is execute!

So there are the thoughts for this week. I want to wish all the teams, players, coaches, referees and fans the very best of luck. Fans, make sure you’re in the stands early! These teams have been working hard and you don’t want to miss a minute!!! It will be the best six dollars you'll spend all week!!!

Nice to hear from you again. I am going to agree with you. I pick the Chargers. Imagine what it's going be in Charger Nation if that happens? gL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT