ADVERTISEMENT

The Battlefield for 6 November

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
So, is anyone interested in how the Battlefield District is going to end up? Three weeks ago it looked pretty clear but that has all changed. Of course, now it is clear in a different direction. If my predictions, minus the King George/JM game are correct, here’s how it’s going to be:

Courtland and the winner of the King George/JM game will share first.
Chancellor and the loser of the King George/JM game will share second.
Spotsy
Caroline

Note that I said “minus the King George/JM game. But, one pint should come across very clear. That being the Battlefield District has been a very, very competitive District in 2015. I’ve seen ties for first more than once over the years but I don’t think I have ever seen ties for both first and second.

So lets set up this week.

Caroline vs. Courtland

The Cavs have had a rough year but they haven’t wasted it. They continue to work and improve the little things and that will pay off big time. They need to have a great off-season and show up in 2016 ready to rock the world! Courtland is looking to close out their regular season on a positive note and be ready for the first round of the playoffs. Courtland with the W.

Chancellor vs. Spotsy

Spotsy has shown a lot of improvement this year. I have no doubt they will carry that in to 2016 and be a force that will have to be dealt with. Not that they aren’t tough right now! Chancellor had their starting QB put out of the game in the first series this past week and it really didn’t matter. The back up QB came in and ran the offense like he has been doing it for years. I have no idea who will be behind center this week and it doesn’t matter. It won’t be a walk in the park, but the Chargers will get the W.

King George @ James Monroe

This game decides the final out come of District play. It’s a matter of whether or not these teams want to finish tied for first or tied for second. Honestly, I believe either of these teams can get it done. They are both very good. So I am going to rely on the old gut feeling and a little Maury Field magic and say JM gets the win at home.

On a side note, I missed getting a chance to talk with Coach Smith after the Chancellor/KG game this past Friday. I usually get that chance. I am sorry I missed it this year but the opportunity just didn’t present itself. Coach, if you read this or if someone will pass it to him; you sir, are a class act and field a very potent football team. Its a pleasure watching the results of your efforts! I look forward to talking with you in the future!

This is it! Last Friday night of regular season play! Get out there and cheer your favorite team on. Next week it’s on to the playoffs!!

It’s been a great year in the Battlefield! It’s been more competitive than most and that will carry on into the playoffs. I don’t do a weekly post for the playoffs but you can bet that I’ll be in the stands, somewhere, cheering on one of these teams every game day. Hope to see you there!!!

Lets go Battlefield District!!!!!!

Reactions: OCBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT