ADVERTISEMENT

The Battlefield for 8 September

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
Talk about a strange year in the Battlefield! This is the first time I can remember a start to a season that looks like this. Five of the seven teams are 0-2 and two are 2-0. Some say the Battlefield may be down this year and others point to the scheduling. I believe it’s a little bit of both. I will also say it’s not going to get much better this week. It’ll be week four before some of these teams start to right the ship. Don’t believe for one minute that starting 0-3 or even 0-4 keeps some of these teams down. In fact, for some that will be the catalyst that brings them to the top.

Let’s set the week up.

Caroline vs Powhatan

Caroline has had another very tough start to their year. Powhatan just doesn’t seem like the Powhatan of old either. Something is definitely amiss. I still believe that Caroline is working toward an upswing but they have to keep making progress each week. Powhatan has a little more continuity in making those improvements and they’ll get the W. Caroline drops to 0-3.

Chancellor vs Riverbend

This game has changed in its feel. Rivalry? Yes. But moving it to the third game of the season may have diminished that somewhat. I’m not even sure they are calling it the Chick-fil-A bowl this year. This year the Chargers are young and the Bears are somewhat loaded. It’ll be a tough fought game nonetheless. The Chargers are improving every week and their day is coming. I see the Chargers dropping to 0-3. Riverbend gets the W.

Courtland @ Stafford

Courtland is struggling with a very tough schedule and somewhat of a slow start. Stafford is really on an upswing and they’re reaping benefits of transfers. Courtland will give the Indians a hard fought game for sure. But, Stafford will ensure their depth is felt. Once again, I see the Cougars dropping to 0-3. Stafford with the W.

Eastern View vs Orange

So, what can I say about this one? Not much. Eastern View is on a roll and will stay there until playoff time. I just don’t see any other major threats in their regular season. They will move to 3-0 this week as they take the W.

King George vs Louisa

Louisa is tough. Let me say that again. Louisa is TOUGH! They are loaded with seniors that have size and speed. Add to that their very physical style of football and they will deal any D a headache. King George is another team struggling with a slow start and tough schedule. They’ll be the fourth team in the Battlefield to drop to 0-3 this week. Louisa with the W.

James Monroe @ Mountain View

JM just loves to TCB. And folks, don’t believe for one minute they aren’t gearing up to make that happen. Slightly slow start? Tough schedule? Yea, you’ve heard that before. This game has been shaping up to be a rivalry for years now. That will make it fun for the fans and tough on the field. I just don’t believe the outcome will be changed by that energy though. Mountain View is a tough nut to crack and they won’t be denied this week. JM drops to 0-3 too. Mountain View with the W.

Spotsylvania Bye week

Great start to your season Knights. Take the week to polish your skills and get ready for your next 8 games!

Folks, we are at week three already. Don’t procrastinate! Get out there and support your team. Their hard work and dedication deserves your attention. Good luck to the players and coaching staffs this week!!

[QUOTE="Folks, we are at week three already. Don’t procrastinate! Get out there and support your team. Their hard work and dedication deserves your attention. Good luck to the players and coaching staffs this week!![/QUOTE]

This Cannot be said enough!!!

We need more adults in particular in the stands for these Football Games.
Come out and support your Community and her student athletes and student musicians!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT