ADVERTISEMENT

The Dominion District for Sept 15

Jul 27, 2016
Manchester v. Monacan

Manchester crushed Cosby who did not score a TD until the final seconds. Monacan has struggled to get their usual high octane offense going as they have in the past. Manchester will have a big advantage in the trenches and almost every position except RB. I think the Lancers roll 38-20, but Fludd and Henderson will put up some points against one of the better defenses in the Region.

Huguenot at Cosby

To me, this is the game of the week because I could easily seeing this game coming down to the last possession in the 4th quarter. I think Cosby has talent but they are younger kids (West & Clark) who have struggled in a new offensive scheme. Cosby has played some pretty good teams, but they have not been competitive in any of their first three games. Huguenot has some early season momentum and have one of the biggest teams in the region. The transfer RB from LC Bird has proven to give their spread passing attack a RB who can make big plays. Some might consider this a upset, but I say Huguenot wins 20-14.

Bird v. James River

This is also a interesting contest between two teams who will be playoff teams in 5A and 6A respectively. River got a huge win against Douglas Freeman two weeks ago in what was about as bad of weather you could play in. Who knows how that game turns out in a good weather game, but that does not matter now. River has a new coach and pretty good athletes, even without their best player transferring to Manchester in the off-season. Bird has not looked like the same LC Bird of the past 25 years, but they still have more talent and speed than every team in the district outside of Manchester. James River has the talent to play with LC Bird, but I do not see them keeping Bird down for 4 quarters. I say Bird 34-14.

George Wythe v. Clover Hill

I have heard that C Hill is vastly improved and we all know they can run the ball with RB Davod Wilkins. C Hill played Monacan very close and have lost their 3 games by a combined 15 pts.
Wythe is struggling more than usual this year and I got a feeling Wilkins goes for 4-5 first half TD's.
C Hill wins 56-14.

Midlothian has a bye.

Monacan (4-0, 2-0) wins vs Manchester (2-1, 1-1) 42-35. Chiefs led by 21 in 4th, Lancers tied it. Fludd took Chiefs down for game winning TD in last minute. Gotta give Monacan a ton of credit.

Huguenot (3-1, 1-1) wins at Cosby (0-4, 0-2) 21-10. Huguenot D dominated rebuilding 6A Titans. Cosby offense could continue to struggle to score until QB situation is resolved.

LC Bird (3-1, 2-1) wins at James River (2-2, 1-1) 35-6. CJ Donaldson has 3 Rush TD and another big day as Bird cruises.

Clover Hill (1-3, 1-1) wins vs George Wythe (0-3, 0-1) 42-6. Davod Wilkins goes for 200 yards and 4 first quarter TD's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT