ADVERTISEMENT

The Last Dance

knightfan64

VaPreps Varsity
Sep 11, 2007
I’ve been looking forward to the Last Dance Series on ESPN for quite some time and this got me thinking. What is a high school team you would of loved to have a behind the scenes documentary on? Not necessarily a state championship, not necessarily your own team. I got a couple.

2017 Appomattox. Similar to the Bulls. How do you close out the 3 peat? This team actually had to go on the road too.

2015 Richlands. Probably the state title favorite heading in. I remember them being dubbed the Southwest VA All Stars with the litany of transfers.

2013 Buckingham. The Knights went to state final four this year yes, but head coach Craig Gill was diagnosed with cancer during the playoffs. That year had highs and lows. The Knights lost to Appo for the first time since 2008 and were 2-2 after losing to Goochland, but managed to upset an undefeated Lunenburg and then take out the Dan River Wildcats (with 2 NFL players) in the playoffs

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
I’ve been looking forward to the Last Dance Series on ESPN for quite some time and this got me thinking. What is a high school team you would of loved to have a behind the scenes documentary on? Not necessarily a state championship, not necessarily your own team. I got a couple.

2017 Appomattox. Similar to the Bulls. How do you close out the 3 peat? This team actually had to go on the road too.

2015 Richlands. Probably the state title favorite heading in. I remember them being dubbed the Southwest VA All Stars with the litany of transfers.

2013 Buckingham. The Knights went to state final four this year yes, but head coach Craig Gill was diagnosed with cancer during the playoffs. That year had highs and lows. The Knights lost to Appo for the first time since 2008 and were 2-2 after losing to Goochland, but managed to upset an undefeated Lunenburg and then take out the Dan River Wildcats (with 2 NFL players) in the playoffs
Dan River had 3 NFL players that year. Kimoni Fitz & Terrell and Tremaine Edmunds. I’m hopeful to see Buckingham back to dominance soon!

They’re not 2A but I would’ve loved to have a a documentary on that 2017 Louisa team. Probably the best team I’ve seen to NOT win the state championship.

1998 Powell Valley. The best HS team I've ever seen in the lower couple of divisions. In the process of winning 4/5 state titles and were working on 28 straight wins by the end of the year, with all kinds of talent everywhere and a legit NFL star at RB. The emotions of 97 spilling over, the incident with the tape and Appalachia, all sorts of expectations after winning the 97 title and beating the D1 and D3 champs that year, and knowing every team was giving you their best shot. It would be an interesting watch.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT