ADVERTISEMENT

The Official Brandon Smith thread

He's a once in a lifetime player. Let him play for Salem, Dinwiddie, Dale or other "bigger name" school though, or just somewhere besides Louisa, everyone would not stop talking about him on here. He gets enough love on social media though so it's all good. Haters gonna hate, or stay silent. It's going to be a treat to see him on defense at Penn State with North Stafford's Devyn Ford on offense!

Look at all those California, Florida and Georgia kids on the Butkus list. How many VA kids on it?

Last edited:
Louisa did a great job marketing this kid, wonder how many game films were sent out to coaches across the country? He made a name for himself, huge talent from small rural town in middle if nowhere. Truly and somewhat biased, would have liked to see him play at a major private school where he could have battled agianst a few other studs. Either way, he made it and he is from The area or region which is pretty cool. Hope he keeps lid on stright when he gets to happy valley. He has NFL written all over him? Best of luck, take it easy on my cougars tomorrow.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Louisa did a great job marketing this kid, wonder how many game films were sent out to coaches across the country? He made a name for himself, huge talent from small rural town in middle if nowhere. Truly and somewhat biased, would have liked to see him play at a major private school where he could have battled agianst a few other studs. Either way, he made it and he is from The area or region which is pretty cool. Hope he keeps lid on stright when he gets to happy valley. He has NFL written all over him? Best of luck, take it easy on my cougars tomorrow.

Doesnt seem like playing in a county school vs private effected his future one bit.

If you can play they will find you, he had the size since he was a sophomore and went to camps thus he blew up. Many of the instate schools took notice but he didn’t entertain them as the big boys came knocking and the instate schools were not performing well on field

Reactions: gwb16
If you can play they will find you, he had the size since he was a sophomore and went to camps thus he blew up. Many of the instate schools took notice but he didn’t entertain them as the big boys came knocking and the instate schools were not performing well on field

Well players in his class look at multiple things, not just how in state schools are doing, who their favorite team is, who gives them best chance to win, etc. With elite prospects it is most important to find a place who can best help you reach pros. And Penn State (while I severely dislike them as a Buckeye fan) is known a LB U. So this he would think they give him the best chance at the NFL

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Well players in his class look at multiple things, not just how in state schools are doing, who their favorite team is, who gives them best chance to win, etc. With elite prospects it is most important to find a place who can best help you reach pros. And Penn State (while I severely dislike them as a Buckeye fan) is known a LB U. So this he would think they give him the best chance at the NFL

I can agree with a lot of that but if you are a linebacker as of late Penn State isn’t the same as it was when Lavar Arrington was there thus LB U. Most recent LB that comes to mind for me is Paul poslunzski (sp.) versus a current power like bama who puts out a crop of top lbs yearly for the draft so it’s definitely about fit and comfort but Penn state has been successful as of late with Franklin at the helm. Remember just a few years ago with o’brien they were just average.

Reactions: gwb16 and hamspear
Remember O'Brien inherited a mess with the Sandusky scandal. But Penn State was on the decline in Paterno's later years. Glad he chose Penn State. I'm a PSU fan!

What do Joe Montana, Jim Kelley, Jeff Hostetler and Dan Marino all have in common?

Add Joe Namath to the group also.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Remember O'Brien inherited a mess with the Sandusky scandal. But Penn State was on the decline in Paterno's later years. Glad he chose Penn State. I'm a PSU fan!

What do Joe Montana, Jim Kelley, Jeff Hostetler and Dan Marino all have in common?

Add Joe Namath to the group also.

They all played QB

Congrats to Smith and the Lions. I don't care who you play hs for or what level if you go to a power 5 school this old man is going to root for you. Being from a Class 4 team is just icing on the cake.

Best of luck to him. Plenty of upside. Depending on his position he may have to redshirt, but look out Big Ten.

They all played QB

All of them led their team to a Super Bowl and were very successful QB's. However, they all grew up in western Pennsylvania and none of them went to Penn State. I always felt that Paterno had a hard time getting QB's. When he did, like in Collins and Blackledge, they were very dangerous.

He's a once in a lifetime player. Let him play for Salem, Dinwiddie, Dale or other "bigger name" school though, or just somewhere besides Louisa, everyone would not stop talking about him on here. He gets enough love on social media though so it's all good. Haters gonna hate, or stay silent. It's going to be a treat to see him on defense at Penn State with North Stafford's Devyn Ford on offense!

Look at all those California, Florida and Georgia kids on the Butkus list. How many VA kids on it?
He is the only player from Va on the list.

Brandon, North Stafford's Devyn Ford, and Manchester's Hakeem Beamon visited PSU on Saturday. Beamon's the second from the left on the top, Ford and Smith are on the bottom right. Future teammates!

Shameless Smith plug (and he made some amazing plays last night), but @Shruikan look at the pressure we are bringing every play. Sherando could be doing the exact same thing and having a field day, especially with your D line. Those kids would love playing that defense and have great success.

Reactions: Shruikan
Shameless Smith plug (and he made some amazing plays last night), but @Shruikan look at the pressure we are bringing every play. Sherando could be doing the exact same thing and having a field day, especially with your D line. Those kids would love playing that defense and have great success.

Oh wow. I heard about how good he was but a few of those Powhatan players got absolutely demolished.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
he just dosent give up. you thinks hes out of the play then he makes the play and really punishes the player .

Manchild can cover a lot of field. 4B player of the year here....

ilove the play where he is 5 yards in the backfield and he is the one who runs down the wr who catches the ball 11 yards down field. oh and all the ones where he levels 270 pound lineman.

ummm leveled I don't think so mr. smith had him looking for the ice cream truck........I could see the little birdies flying around his head

ADVERTISEMENT