ADVERTISEMENT

The rich is getting richer...

3rd school in 4 years for this young man. Played freshman year at John Marshall, then 2 years at Henrico and now Hopewell. I can only think of one other player to do this and that would be Jalon Jones who started at Varina his freshman year, then went to Henrico for his sophomore year, then to private school and returned to Henrico for his senior year.

I don't know the back story
but smells like helicopter parenting

Reactions: Bo Bob
Here we go. Kid left Marshall, which with the state of RPS, who can blame the parents. Played at Henrico for 2 years and now wants to WIN and play with Henderson?? Kid goes to Life Christian, people cry, kid goes to an accredited school to play for one of the premier coaches (has recently coached at least 5 High major D1 players in the past 5 years) in Irby.. People are still complaining and calling the kid out! Transfers are apart of the game. Credit that kid’s parents for doing what’s best for that kid.

Reactions: MaroonandGold29
Here we go. Kid left Marshall, which with the state of RPS, who can blame the parents. Played at Henrico for 2 years and now wants to WIN and play with Henderson?? Kid goes to Life Christian, people cry, kid goes to an accredited school to play for one of the premier coaches (has recently coached at least 5 High major D1 players in the past 5 years) in Irby.. People are still complaining and calling the kid out! Transfers are apart of the game. Credit that kid’s parents for doing what’s best for that kid.

If you are referring to me; I just called it what it is;
which is also part of the game.

Christmas came early....I thought the drinks at the bar was playing tricks with me at first until my mom called me asking “why Hopewell football team still making the news and the basketball team winning” my responder was “ma they just got a human bull”

You are absolutely right, transfers are now a part of the game. Be it for recruiting purposes, playing with friends or chasing rings kids want to make a move. Some of that falls on society as kids look to the pros and see players do this sort of thing all the time

That said there is a clashing of two different generational thoughts and perspectives however

You have new school which believes just that, if you are paving a future for yourself do what is best to make that future happen by transferring to a winning program, going to a program where recruiters visit and know.

You have old school however that looks at this as if you are good enough, schools are going to find you.

Right or wrong, it is the evolution of the game.

As long as a physical move was made by the parents and a residence is established in Hopewell, then his eligibility is not compromised.

With that being said, college coaches do take notice when a kid continuously transfers. Unfortunately, they will also ignore the red flags if the talent level is high enough.

3rd school in 4 years for this young man. Played freshman year at John Marshall, then 2 years at Henrico and now Hopewell. I can only think of one other player to do this and that would be Jalon Jones who started at Varina his freshman year, then went to Henrico for his sophomore year, then to private school and returned to Henrico for his senior year.
The situation is reminiscent of Ricky DeBerry who bounced from Glen Allen to Atlee to St. Chris.

You are absolutely right, transfers are now a part of the game. Be it for recruiting purposes, playing with friends or chasing rings kids want to make a move. Some of that falls on society as kids look to the pros and see players do this sort of thing all the time

That said there is a clashing of two different generational thoughts and perspectives however

You have new school which believes just that, if you are paving a future for yourself do what is best to make that future happen by transferring to a winning program, going to a program where recruiters visit and know.

You have old school however that looks at this as if you are good enough, schools are going to find you.

Right or wrong, it is the evolution of the game.
I get it. This kid got most of his offers at John Marshall though. I don’t mean any harm but I was surprised he stayed at Henrico.. There were a lot of programs he could’ve went to around the area to complete for a state championship. Behind LJ and Bedwell (I say these two because they are active coaches), Irby has coached probably the most D1 talent in the area in a very short period of time and his guys have been successful very early in their college careers. If I had a child and they had the opportunity to play football at the next level, they’d be playing for 1 of those 3 coaches.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
As long as a physical move was made by the parents and a residence is established in Hopewell, then his eligibility is not compromised.

With that being said, college coaches do take notice when a kid continuously transfers. Unfortunately, they will also ignore the red flags if the talent level is high enough.

From my understanding everything is on the up and up as far as this move. It is a move from what I have learned that was not precipitated by Hopewell nor Eric but merely the many turns life throws our way that we sometimes have no control over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT