ADVERTISEMENT

The Season is approaching......

Which of these teams should be the #1 ranked squad for the 2016 football season?

• Galax

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • George Wythe

• Honaker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Essex

• Riverheads

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Sussex Central

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Radford

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheSel2

VaPreps All Region
Staff
Apr 29, 2003
Several teams are entering the 2016 season with some very strong squads. Some teams on the other hand aren't looking to be as hot but have superior coaching. Your opinion matters so share it or vote!

I know many will say oh it's just Blaster thumping his chest. But GW should be a good bit better than last season. We are bigger up front our QB is going into his 3rd season of playing and our backs and WRs are faster. We have every piece to make a very deep run.

Any news on the defending champs this year? I wonder if they still have the dedication to the weight room like they did last season? I know they will miss Charles Harris (since he broke the single season rushing record, correct?). And of course you can't replace a kid like Caleb Spurlin; he was an awesome football player! Plus state champion wrestler and all state 3rd basemen. Does anyone know how he is doing and his plan for next year?

From everything I've heard they are going to still be a handful. Coach Dixon is a master of motivation with his team. And idk if it's possible to replace Harris and Spurlin those two young men are an entire offense. The champs will be in the mix no doubt.

Last edited:
Any news on the defending champs this year? I wonder if they still have the dedication to the weight room like they did last season? I know they will miss Charles Harris (since he broke the single season rushing record, correct?). And of course you can't replace a kid like Caleb Spurlin; he was an awesome football player! Plus state champion wrestler and all state 3rd basemen. Does anyone know how he is doing and his plan for next year?

Sunday's Roanoke Times had a one-page feature on both the boys' and girl's All-Timesland Athletes Of The Year. Spurlin is the boys' AOTY. According to the article, he will be a football walk-on at Appalachian State.

River sportsfan. Story I hear from the cafeteria ladies is about 40-50 half pints of chocolate milk every day of the week is purchased for each kid to drink before they start lifting. Spurlins little brother is a sophomore. Headed down the same road as big bro. Champs should be Ok.

Scag what is your opinion on the upcoming coming season? Who are the top dogs and who are the sleepers? And might we have a few over rated?

This season is shaping up to be a classic you have a few teams at the top. Who everyone will say are bad news for anyone example RH, Essex, GW, Galax ect. But I have that feeling we will see a few teams that are way under the radar who will make noise.

They have Kj,Marcelios in the backfield plus Nelson who transferred from Auburn. I believe those names are correct.

You said it for us.
Like I said call it thumping my chest we will see once the season starts. Who is playing deep and who is playing with basketballs. And if you will read all the posts you will see I'm not the only one who thinks GW will be no joke this season. 1 last thing why are you still mad over facts from last season it's wasn't a personal attack on you or the Rebbles I hope you all do well this season. But I'll make my statement right now if our teams play each other in the playoffs you will be beaten badly. Again not a personal attack just my opinion. But stay mad it's never been a problem for me to prove people wrong over and over and over. I said last season GW or Galax would win it all and Galax did. Like I've said before come to me with fact or titles not some pissy Vendetta because someone prove you wrong almost a year ago now. Have a good day HonestJohn60 and best of luck to Hurley on the upcoming season.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT