ADVERTISEMENT

The Titan Award winner

I only know that it honors the senior player voted as the best overall at any position for the upcoming season.
It's actually an award based in the player's junior season but it's given at the start of their senior season for some odd reason.

Reactions: Renaissance man
Don't know what the geez comment was for I was simply stating my opinion on a regional award. I never made it seem like you were the one voting.[/QUOTE

I saw that he won it and I just wanted to share it because this kid deserves it. They have that award every year. He's been through so much this year even with the criticism on here. Several other candidates were nominated

If it is off of our junior year then how was it not awarded to Glaize from Brookville? 1st team All State WR 1st team all state all purpose on defense. No offense to Ross who had a good year but doesn't add up to me
Strictly from a statistical standpoint, Ross had a much better season than Glaize. Same reason Grayson Overstreet won it over LaLa Davis or anybody else after their junior seasons. Overstreet had better numbers than the competition after their junior seasons.

Last edited:
I can see why Heritage boycotted the event it’s kinda of a joke . That’s coming from somebody that was there . Two kids that had over 800 years receiving wasn’t Evan top 7 for finalist for some kids I have have never herd of. If only seniors are invited why not wait until after there senior year to see who’s the best ? I’m not got to argue with anybody that’s just my opinion. If your all state on both sides of the ball vs one kid I’m not sure if he made all state to win it . Makes u question if the voters actually seen these kids play or just go off stats . And a kid shouldn’t be penalize because he’s on the same team with a finalist . I’m guessing they want let two kids from the same school Be finalist . This is not only my thoughts it’s others as well .

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I can see why Heritage boycotted the event it’s kinda of a joke . That’s coming from somebody that was there . Two kids that had over 800 years receiving wasn’t Evan top 7 for finalist for some kids I have have never herd of. If only seniors are invited why not wait until after there senior year to see who’s the best ? I’m not got to argue with anybody that’s just my opinion. If your all state on both sides of the ball vs one kid I’m not sure if he made all state to win it . Makes u question if the voters actually seen these kids play or just go off stats . And a kid shouldn’t be penalize because he’s on the same team with a finalist . I’m guessing they want let two kids from the same school Be finalist . This is not only my thoughts it’s others as well .
Congrats to Frank Ross. Kid is a steal for a FCS program. There are a lot of great players in the Lynchburg area so this award says a lot about the kind of player he is.
Thanks DPH, it meant a lot to Ross regardless what grown ups think it should be, a Joke it isn’t

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Why have they

Thanks DPH, it meant a lot to Ross regardless what grown ups think it should be, a Joke it isn’t
I’m happy Ross won it. I’m a Ross fan myself. I remember when Peter Rose won the award in 07. With all Ross went through this offseason and his performances last year, I would’ve voted for him too. Of course I want GW to win tomorrow, but I hope Frank has a good game!

Reactions: wikki

So name recognition should be a parameter? So if a team/player gets more press then that should be a factor? I am sorry but I dont agree.

People will have their biases because the players play on their team (meaning people posting about it). So while you, Jim Bob, and someone else have one way to evaluate it, the people voting on it may not have to same criteria. Doesnt mean they didn't do their homework. It really just seems like to me that it is a good thing to get kids names out there. And probably a good thing for the entire area for each team to be represented. Perhaps that is why a team doesnt have 2.

Honestly what it appears like when saying this kid or that kid should have won, he was better or I have never heard of that kid, it looks like downing the other KID. That probably isnt the objective or intent, and I couldn't care less who won, just an outsider's perspective.

Reactions: VolNation85
It's a money grab. They get senior nominees from various schools. They are trying to make money. It use to be only one Titan award and maybe it's gone back to that but there was a titan of strength and maybe a couple of others. Money grab imo....always has been always will be. Makes no sense to give an award based on previous years stats in the following year. Congrats to Ross.

Ross was All-State last year as well.

Last edited:
Was Ross was all state on both sides of the ball? Did he lead the area in rushing?
No and No but again, Ross had a better year at his position. There's no shame in Glaize not winning the award. He will still have a great senior year, probably statistically better than Ross actually. Glaize's team will probably have a better record and make it further in post season play. Not to mention that Glaize is already committed to play FBS football. I'm sure he isn't losing any sleep over the fact that he didn't win the Titan Trophy.

I disagree about the better year position to position but thats neither here nor there. I'm sure the kid is not losing sleep over not winning as I am sure Ross is not acting any different from winning. Good luck to both kids and teams moving forward

Reactions: VolNation85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT